Reviews for Full Circle
AntiCreator chapter 110 . 10/28/2015
Was Olofin in Colombia previously? It sounds like it if he's carrying pure cocaine around. Who is it that she loved but would be better off if she killed? Were you intending originally to write a long history of Buffy's past in Middle Earth? The next story(s) would have told of the second and third age, her time in the East during these and things she had an affect on, right through to how she was involved in the true histories of the fourth age that we know of, all the way up to the French Revolution? I hate that I have to say this, but that would truly bring the story Full Circle? If I'm ever rich I'll pay you to quit your job and write all of this for me instead. Until such a time which is extremely unlikely, I'll hope that one day you'll find the motivation to continue. Even without any Middle Earth stuff, I'll still be interested to see what happens in the East during the second and third(?) age, tying it into what I know of Egyptian history and myth. I promise you one thing. If you ever do write it I'll review every single chapter on whichever site you post it on. That's a promise.
AntiCreator chapter 108 . 10/28/2015
Sorry I ain't reviewed in a few days. I started reading this as all the stories I follow hadn't been updated for a while. Then as luck would have it, half of them updated at the same time so I've been catching up but now I'm back to this. My question isn't regarding this chapter but an earlier conversation Buffy had with Maglor. She stated that a half elf is born as a mortal. I didn't know that. I thought Dior was not mortal as he took up the crown of Doriath. I assumed he was as immortal as an elf. I thought the only half elven that were allowed to become mortal were the children of Elrond should they make that choice. Which leads me to another question not related to this story but that I hope that you, as one with more knowledge of these things than I, could answer. What ultimately happened to Elladan and Elrohir? It was said that they could choose to become mortal or to leave middle earth with their father and be accounted amongst the firstborn. We know from Tolkien's own words that they remained in Middle Earth, as Celeborn dwelt with them in Rivendell after he tired of his realm in Eryn Lasgalen. Did this mean they became mortal as Arwen did when Elrond sailed for the West, or was this perhaps one of Tolkien's concepts that he thought of but had no time to fit into the histories before he died? I know he left the majority of his stories and accounts unfinished, at least Christopher managed to get the Silmarillion to a continuous and finished narrative, although had Tolkien lived to complete it properly we may well have seen a vastly different book regarding some of the changes he made but never completed in the latter part of his life. As I say, you've read far more of Tolkien's unfinished or earlier works than I have so I was wondering if you could shed some light. Cheers.
AntiCreator chapter 104 . 10/24/2015
Epic. It brings to mind the Elves of the Warhammer world. In that the Elves were allies of the dragons and the Lords of the land of Caledor used to ride the dragons into battle against the forces of Chaos originally, then against their own kin, the Dark Elves of Naggaroth led by Malekith the Witch King.
AntiCreator chapter 94 . 10/22/2015
I completely agree with your earlier message. Hurin did endure worse torments than most and it makes his story so sad. It's nice that you are able to bring him some happiness after all that befell him in this story. It's just a shame that Tolkien had him meet a more lonely and tortured end in his tale.
AntiCreator chapter 91 . 10/22/2015
And my question is answered.
AntiCreator chapter 89 . 10/22/2015
Surely that wasn't the voice of Illuvatar. Was that Morgoth pretending to be Him? It seems strange that He would send one with such treachery in his heart to aid Buffy.
AntiCreator chapter 88 . 10/22/2015
I'd just like to ask. Seeing as you know a lot more about the history of Middle-earth than I do I was wondering if you know what the numbers of the armies on both sides were in the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. It's clear that other than the War of Wrath it was the biggest battle ever fought in Beleriand but nowhere that I've read does Tolkien actually say how many were there. It's just something I've always wondered at.
AntiCreator chapter 84 . 10/22/2015
Like it. Kitkat. Have a break, have a Kitkat. At least that was the slogan here. I assume it was the same in America.
AntiCreator chapter 82 . 10/21/2015
I always found Fingolfin's death one of the saddest parts of the Silmarillion. For this reason he remains one of my favourite characters, the courage and strength he showed when he thought all was lost is, I believe, unmatched by all others in Tolkien's masterpiece.
AntiCreator chapter 81 . 10/21/2015
Just been wondering for some time ever since the early chapters. Is there now two Nacil's in Middle Earth at this time? The one that Feanor brought from Valinor and the one that Buffy brought from the end of days? The one Buffy brought I assume is in the possession of Morgoth and I assume the one that Buffy received as a betrothal gift is also the one that Allandro gave her. It may be the other way round but is there any clue as to the fate of them in this story as I don't recall, or is that planned in the possible sequel to this one?
AntiCreator chapter 68 . 10/21/2015
I was just wondering if you based the plague that Buffy gets while in the east on an actual disease or infection or if it is one made up, or possibly even from ancient days that is no longer seen, rather like leprosy. I've had a little look just to see if it resembles any STDs from these times and the only two that seem to really be similar are syphilis and gonorrhoea.
AntiCreator chapter 50 . 10/20/2015
I do like Luthor's little Giles moment right at the end. I remember thinking the first time I read this that this was particularly clever; finding a way to insert two of the more powerful demons from the Buffy verse into the story without meddling with the Silmarillion story, the Judge and Acathla. In fact I still find the whole way you've made this extremely clever. Making Buffy a pivotal part of all that happens yet in no way messing with the original story, even filling in some of the gaps and providing reasons for certain things that Tolkien never fully explained. It takes a certain kind of genius to do that. Reading this again reminds me of why I loved this when I first read it. I repeat what I said in my first ever review to you all those years ago. This is awesome. By far the best Buffy crossover I've ever read.
AntiCreator chapter 40 . 10/20/2015
That's something I didn't realise last time I read this. Since then I've read a lot more extensively on Greek mythology so I see now how you've borrowed from that to make it seem that they came from these events also.
AntiCreator chapter 28 . 10/19/2015
I forgot about that. I thought at the beginning of the story that the sword given to her by Allandro was Narsil and not Nacil. Narsil is in this story later isn't it? Has Telchar forged it yet at this point?
AntiCreator chapter 22 . 10/19/2015
Thranduil's father died in the war you said. I thought that Oropher was Thranduil's father. Or was he adopted by Oropher or just next in line for the throne of Mirkwood after his death in the Last Alliance?