Reviews for Lizzy's Guide to Life
Forever Day chapter 9 . 4/5
I really enjoyed this. The diary format was brilliant for me because I could read an entry, write a note, read an entry, write a note without feeling like I was reading twenty pages to one note (Yes, I'm trying to read fanfic and study. No, it's not my best idea ever.) Anyway, this was really cute and fluffy and you changed it up enough to keep my interest. My only crit would be that occassionally Lizzy came off a bit whiny and up and down but with the divorce and everything else it was kind of understandable (and props to you for writing it in there so that it's not girl-with-a-perfect-life that does nothing but complain about it). Anyway, this was a lot of fun, thanks.
Saralee chapter 9 . 9/3/2013
I would love to have a continuation of this story. With as little angst as possible, please. Kind of, the fell apart with college distance, but got back together without a lot of baggage. I'm a "happily ever after" type of reader.
justlovefanfiction2901 chapter 9 . 4/29/2012
I love your story!
reindeer2 chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Okay. love your story. First fanfic I ever read, and after hours of searching i realized how lucky i am that i found your story first. If i hadn't stumbled on it by accident i might have given up on searching through all of the pointless drivel i've waded through on this site, and never read the story. I mean honestly, i could write better stories than most of the ones on this site when i was 10. (And to those of you thinking"wow this girl is a bitch" i would like to say that i am just painfully honest. now back to the regularly scheduled critique.)

I loved the plot you spun and how you referred to very specific (but not always the most obvious) events in P&P instead of resolutely following all of the major events in the original novel. The small details in Austen's book are, in my opinion, what makes it amazing in the first place. I loved your adaptation. Unfortunately i also noticed you stayed true to the fact that Austen spent 99% of her novels on angst, and after that we are rewarded with five pages of happiness. There could have been a little more "happily-ever-after" in my opinion. And personally, i don't think that the epilogue was worth the effort of writing it. I was so excited that Lizzy and Will finally got their happy ending, and then i was worried about them all over again.

Okay, the painfully honest part is over. your story was spectacular, and i loved all of it. And probably the parts i loved the least were really actually vital to the story. Happy couples very quickly get boring.

Now go get this published as a book, because people WILL pay money to read it.
Jane chapter 9 . 8/31/2010
Wow!AS IN OOH MY GOODNESS! I am officialy in love with you(syk) I completely love your takes on p&p and I think i'l just stick 2only reading your story. I love this story and wonder why it took me so long to finally read it and I absolutely feel bad. I really wonder why it has so little reviews because this story is officialy fantastic and i think my phone has run out on battery now. Am heading off to read the sequel once the lights come back and I charge my phone but thanks a bunch for a wonderful rollercoaster it was compldtely worth it and sorry for an offly long review. See you next review.
Caroline Matheson chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Well, here's the thing: I read this story in one sitting a couple days ago starting at about 9:30 pm, then when the end rolled around at 1ish, I was too tired to review. But there are few things I hate more than someone who reads my story but won't tell me what they think! haha so. Here's what I thought. The best part of this story was that I couldn't stop reading! That's awesome! Secondly, Lizzy amused me instead of annoyed me... same with Darcy. The journal format was cute because it was very stream of consciousness and not too focused on composition/grammar stuff. So in general, it was enjoyable. Now I'm off to read the sequel, and very excited about it :)
Miss Pseudonymous chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
Hi there! I know I'm getting to this really late in the game, but I just found it and read it and REALLY enjoyed it! I usually hate the adaptations taking place in high school because it makes the characters too young and the writing is usually childish, but your story was really very, very good. Your writing style was engaging, the characters were constantly interesting, I never got bored. I enjoyed this very much :) Thanks! I'm going to go check out your other stuff now :)
Marivan chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Interesting...

I really like how Lizzy keeps saying this like "because I don't care about my apearence/social standing/etc" because in doing so, it's very obvious she does. My English teacher would love you. :]

However, I feel you haven't really reeled me in. Your story, though well written, feels like kind of typical high school romance. Perhaps this is because I feel Darcy isn't revolting enough. All we know about him is that Lizzy has told us he's obnoxious, but we haven't really seen it. If you added one little scene at the begining where Darcy does something that REALLY flicks Lizzy off, really insults her (like I dunno, says something snide about divorced parents or being a nerd), it would probably engage your reader more effectivly. I feel alot of the appeal of the original P&P is the love/hate relationship (at the begining) and right now you don't have enough hate.

I hope that didn't come off too harshly. Your story is well-written and has a quirky personaltiy overall. Great work!

Marivan
Caroline Matheson chapter 9 . 10/25/2008
Aww! Will is ADORABLE! :) but gosh he and Lizzy sure are umm slightly schizophrenic. Oh well, aren't we all :P Loved your story!
siriusluver92 chapter 9 . 8/24/2008
I basically just want to tell you how much I love this story. I first read it in like 8th grade and I fell in love with it. Now I've made it a tradition to read the whole thing straight every year on the day before school starts (today being year 2 of said tradition...as in I read it the day before school started last year and now this year...having read this story a total of 3 times). I love it so much. When I read it I honestly don't even think of pride and prejudice. It's its own story with its own unique well rounded characters. Seriously, if this were a published novel, I would buy it. And if the music, tv, and movies mentioned in this story are examples of the things you like, then you and me have the same taste in everything. Which makes this story even better. So I just wanted to say thanks for writing it, and this story will always have a special place in my heart. Wow. That sounded corny. lol.
Twilighted123 chapter 4 . 6/5/2008
i love this story.

its awesome

xo
FredandGeorgeWeasleyareMYkings chapter 8 . 2/18/2008
Yay! I loved it. Haha I LOVED the Kool-aid man/Dane Cook reference. I want to marry Dane Cook. You don't even know, you don't even know!

But anyway the story was cute and i love your style. I am such a huge fan. You are excellent. Keep writing my dear!
SarcasticHeartlessAngel chapter 9 . 8/22/2007
i really did like your story, but the title seems highly irelevant. in retrospect, the entries are not her guides to life, they are just chronicles, i guess. but its your story, and other than the title, it's pretty good!
lemon sunrise chapter 9 . 5/6/2007
Please please please please please write a sequel!

I absolutely L-O-V-E-D your story. It was witty, believable, clever and incredibly well written. Plus, you didn't offend the story like most other people do by having someone raped (usually by Wickham - I'd like to see a different combination for once!).

Thank you so much. It took me all day to read but it was SO worth it!
lemon sunrise chapter 3 . 5/5/2007
Gah! Only finished three chapters and now have to rush to soccer! I absolutely love your story! It's very witty and well written. Can't wait to finish it when I get back home.