Reviews for By the Bad
LukeAndLorelai Brucas Fan chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
I hope Hider enjoyed her birthday present, I thought it was great. I was expecting a sad ending, glad i didn't get that. Great story, you write Rory and Jess so well. I love them even more when I'm reading your stuff, which is almost impossible, but you make it happen somehow.
It's 1249 a.m chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I loved it! I've been looking for a good "Last Week Fights, This Week Tights" story. In all the ones I've read in which she says "yes," the storyline is either too sappy and dull or is too sad and depressing. Yours had just the right mix of detail and conversation, because writers tend to lean more to one side. Too much detail and you start to lose the jist. Too much conversation and it starts to get boring. Yours was just right. When Rory said "I have an appointment," I swear, I was positive she would come back to tell him she was pregnant, and I was grateful your story didn't take that turn. There are too many accidental pregnancy stories out there, and I'm glad you didn't follow the crowd on that one. And I'm ecstatic that she stayed in the end, because all the good stories end up with her leaving. Just once, I wanted a good, in-character, "Come with me," Literati FanFic where they actually end up together. And someone finally pulled it off!
Love and Rock Music chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Wow. Just wow. This is an amazing, incredible fic - packed with emotion and meaning, written extremely well. Seriously, this is THE best Literati story out there, hands down. You just really get Jess, and it shows through your writing; you capture his character, his feelings, and even the way he talks, perfectly. And the concept! Jess loving Rory, feeling something so passionately - but the cynic in him believing Rory couldn't ever settle for him, or reciprocate the same kind of love. There really aren't words sufficient enough for praise.

"Waiting tables seemed to be his calling... He was tired and he hated his job, but there was a girl – woman – lying in his bed that he loved more than anything in the world. So he dealt with it to pay the bills and keep her with him, but the more time went by the more concerned he grew." -Flawless. This is Jess, down to the barest elements.

"He didn't want her to realize how terrible of an idea this really was, moving in with him when he could barely pay the bills, but he could see no other ending to their story. She would leave; he would continue to work menial jobs that meant nothing while secretly storing a notebook that contained a half-finished novel in his nightstand drawer. It was the only plausible dénouement." -An excellent way to slip in little details about his life, hinting about the time frame and where this story could fit in with canon.

"The door slid open behind him and he closed his eyes tighter, turning his head slightly when he felt her step into the shower behind him. Her hands traced patterns down his back and he swallowed – hard – trying to contain a gasp as she kissed the back of his neck." -Hot. And perfect. The style, the words themselves. . . Somebody seriously shut me up.
19merz86 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Wow. This is amazing. I love it! Amazing job with this fic, really. It's awesome!
LandonLover chapter 1 . 6/11/2007
Lovely. You're amazing. :-*
helaluvE chapter 1 . 6/8/2007
thank you! finally something plausible with that storyline :)
Terra7 chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
"She would leave; he would continue to work menial jobs that meant nothing while secretly storing a notebook that contained a half-finished novel in his nightstand drawer. It was the only plausible dénouement."

You created something just as plausible, lovely and heartfelt with this story. Phenomenal job.
LVRofTristan chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
One of the most fantastic one-shots I've ever read. Keep writing.
lostinthemoonlight chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
That's what i call great writing skills!
The Superior Critic chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
This is the best Rory and Jess fiction that I have ever read. It's my favorite; as one of the harsher reviewers out there, I'm not saying this lightly. The story is amazing, and your writing style, exquisite. Jess's feelings and insecurities are explained with a rich, detailed passion that I have rarely seen anywhere else. It's realistic, bare, gritty, and romantic. In my superior opinion, there's no better Rory/Jess out there.
tabatha chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
It was wonderful, absolutely wonderful! It almost made me cry, well not really but if I could cry easily I would have. (its a compliment, trust me!) back to the subject at hand, I really loved it. It was well written and real. The dialogue was some of the best that I have ever read from this site. keep up thegood work!
dancer150 chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
It's different but in a good way.

One question, YALE is IVY LEAGUE, so couldn't Rory go to COLUMBIA? Just a thought.
MarlyCook chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
One word.. AMAZING! I loved it! I couldn't stop reading.. You are a really good writer.
Dione Robertson chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Thank you for making it messy, loving, and clock-full of sweetness. A good read.

It could have been a great read with a chapter 2, with Jess (now that they have spoken about his fear of Rory leaving) moving to New Haven. Why does he have to be in NY? Based on your story details he slaves work to keep Rory, something that he could do New Haven. Shoot, maybe he will have a wicked high IQ score and get offered a free ride Yale or another school New Haven.

Just tossing out ideas, since I'm out of Milo dolls ;)

Thanks!
tragicallyepic chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Ek! That was so cute and adorable and I loved it