Reviews for A Good Place to Die
AI chapter 33 . 7/18
I really enjoyed this story. I think it dug into the problems in their relationship that was hinted at in the films. I am curious if you consider this as a temporary reprieve of Anakin's slide into the dark, or if they are now aware of their problems and would actively try to better their connection and thus negate Palpatine's influence. Food for thought for me I guess. Thanks for writing and sharing!
Nanuk chapter 2 . 2/5/2014
"You'll be there". Ahh, sober thoughts from Obi-Wan - they must have shocked Anakin - and they are quite chilling to the reader :) reminding me of that one SW novel when Anakin asks Obi Wan what fate had in store for him and he replies, "infinite sadness". :)
And what a lovely parallelism in the end *sigh* :) Well done!
Nanuk chapter 33 . 6/23/2013
Nice story! I very much like Obi-Wan's acceptance in the end, the serenity he re-found, poor man. :) A tad too much 20th century medicine, maybe, and too many tears and hugs all around - IMHO, the gestures (and liquids) lose their poignancy when employed too often. Padme as deus ex machina was sweet there in the end - men still need women for that soft touch. ;) Well done!
Book girl fan chapter 8 . 4/2/2013
That story was hilarious! I have trouble imagining anyone cuddling up to Yoda-actually, no I don't. I'm sure some little kid would really try to cuddle Yoda, and it would be hilarious!
QueenYoda chapter 8 . 2/22/2013
That story with Yoda? That was funny. The rest was good as well, but that part is my favorite so far.
Viviane Renard chapter 33 . 12/23/2012
Good story. Obi-Wan's recovering was a long one, but I'm glad that he not only found internal peace, but physical healing too in the end. The epilogue with him getting his sight back was icing on the cake.
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 33 . 3/9/2011
That. Was. Amazing.

I have no other words.

I think it's going on my favourites. (Less than 1/10 of a percent of stories I read go there... that's saying something.)
SongoftheDarquePhoenix chapter 25 . 3/9/2011
Palpatine you..! -dissolves into incomprehensible insults-

You've written him soo well. You've written him so I can love to hate him.
RoMythe chapter 33 . 6/18/2010
Beautiful story, I absolutely love it! It's amazingly written, the details, the plot, everything!
charliebrown1234 chapter 33 . 6/3/2010
In awe once again. Fantastic job on this, as you always do!
Obiwan456 chapter 26 . 7/31/2009
Tears streamed down my face as I read the last two chapters...very powerful emotions. I was really hoping Garen would show up in time to punch Anakins' lights out. Poor Obi Wan...and still he feels the guilt of it...blaming himself for Anakins very bad reaction (planted and manipulated by Palpatine, of course)...oh my, what will happen now?

Obi's mom
Obiwan456 chapter 23 . 7/31/2009
That made me cry...the selfishness and self centeredness of Anakin...He couldn't even hear what Obi was trying to tell him, and then I accidentally spotted a snippet of a later chapter while trying to find the current chapter I'm reading, and saw Anakin mad and blaming ObiWan for hiding the fact he was blind...sometimes I just want to slap Anakin for his insensitivity

oh,'s all Obi-wans many times have we heard accused criminals of heinious crimes blame others for their's never "their" fault...

It's easy to see how Anakin will be manipulated and become Darth Vader later..those who will not take responsibility for their own actions always fall moreso into the dark path...

Excellent portrayal of their have them spot on...enjoying this very much.
Obiwan456 chapter 3 . 7/23/2009
No! He didn't die, did he? Oh No...

Are you sure you're not a published author of Star Wars or other books using another name on here? ...Your descriptive writing of the scenery, people, battle etc. is just fantastic! good or better than books I've gotten from the library. I have to scoop my jaw back up again, it keeps falling open at the vivid imagery and emotions you describe so

obi's mom
Wuff chapter 33 . 5/23/2007
Yesterday, I read this fanfiction in one go. I just couldn't stop... And when I had finally come to the last chapter, it was late at night and I was crying like... Anyway, I was not in the mood to send a coherent review ;-) So I'm back now...

This fanfic is one of the best stories I've ever read. You have a wonderful writing style and you're particularly good with the emotions. You wrote both Anakin and Obi-Wan in a way that I could sympathise (and hurt...) with both of them. I really liked your idea of Obi-Wan's blindness - definitely something I haven't read before.

I also liked Padmé in this. She was the only one who saw clearly between all the hurt and anguish of the two men. I really loved the way the made Anakin see the truth after he had been so angry that Obi-Wan had "betrayed" him and had run off to Palpatine.

And then the chapter when they finally, finally, finally reconciled. It was so touching! Especially the part when Anakin came in and just said "Master".

I only have a few points of critic:

In some parts, you could have shortened the story a little bit because it was slightly repetitive (all the talks between Obi-Wan, Yoda, Garen...). What I didn't like either was Obi-Wan's attitude towards the healers. It's occurs in almost EVERY fanfic and it's getting on my nerves... And I was a tad surprised Obi-Wan got his eyesight back. That was maybe a bit too happy.

Nevertheless, I'd give your story ten out of ten points ;-)

Thanks for posting it here and entertaining us with your wonderful story. The Force is definitely with you!
eirene1988 chapter 23 . 4/19/2007
The root core of Anakin's problems is that he thinks he can't confess or unburden himself to other Jedi for fear of their judgment. He knows that killing Sandpeople (a past mistake he cannot change) and marrying Padme (an act against the Jedi Code which he cannot renounce) are against the Jedi Code, and this puts him in a difficult position. If he confides in Obi Wan, he would put Obi between himself and the Council, and he doesn't think it fair-and he also fears the other's disappointment and judgment. If he let these things known to other Jedi, he would probably be expelled or told to renounce the marriage-and with Padme as a Senator, the expectations of him as "the Chosen One", and his desire since his childhood to make a difference in the universe (which, unfortunately, is fed with delusions of grandeur by the Chancellor), further complicate matters. As a result, unintentionally he's putting himself in danger by distancing himself from fellow Jedi, while confiding in the evil Palpatine. The meager time he can spend with his wife (due to the secrecy of their marriage), coupled with his desire to protect her from worry or harm, keeps him from truly opening up to Padme. So the only person whom he feels safe confiding in is Palpatine, and that makes him even more vulnerable to his lies. We really can't blame Anakin. I think he's a young man of noble heart, desiring to protect those he love, while also dealing with feelings and struggles, which we all face as humans due to our fallen nature. In my own life experience(which is very similar to Anakin's), closing myself up to most people while opening up to one wrong person (my own mother in this case), all the while trying to meet people's expectations of me, produces extremely disastrous results. All these happened before I turned 18, and it has taught me that human beings are made for one another, and closing ourselves up to most people will be self-destructive-no matter how good our heart or intentions originally are.