Reviews for Bittersweet
Sweetheart From Hell chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Sad, bittersweet story, beautifully written.
Savendia chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
Reading that gave me shivers - so beautiful and so sad! You captured perfectly how much John loves Sam and Dean, despite everything, and how much they love him back, even when they fight, even though they can't bring themselves to plainly say that they love each other... The candy the boys got him, sitting on the cards in a lonely motel room probably for days while he was late, finishing his hunt - that just gives such a clear picture of their lives in a paragraph.

I especially loved this line: "so that when he had meant to say "I need you" it had come out, "never come back."

That is so sad, but true. That's what they do to each other - they love each other, and they know it. But it always ends in anger because they don't know any other way to say they care.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
Great story!
Carikube chapter 1 . 7/29/2006
Your writing is incredible! You literally make me ache, but I can't stop reading, I can't stop even though I feel like my heart is being torn out of my chest. You are so, so talented. Angsty, but not melodramatic. It's raw and real. True emotion. You've done John a true service. I have struggled to like the man, though I can see in his eyes the pain he has felt and the lengths to which he will go to keep his boys safe. It's the ultimate sacrifice, and even years later, he still carries that same pain. God... I've always sympathized with Sam, how he must have felt being told that he could not go home... but what John must have gone through to have his son walk out on him.

This: ** so that when he had meant to say “I need you” it had come out, “never come back.” ** captures it all for me.

Incredible. Really. Just stunning!
SweetJubilee chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Wow. You weren't kidding when you said this fic was angst-filled. So sad, so sweet. Very well done.
Julie chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I like this alot! I hope you write more! :)
rachel chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
That was beautiful. I cried. I tried to stop it, but I couldn't. It was sad, but really sweet. I hope John gets grandkids one day.
teal-lover chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
this was really good. i loved john's emotions here, showed that he was human & loved his boys.