Reviews for The Question
sfbxfcb chapter 1 . 4/24/2012
Wonderful!
OzQueene chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
Oh, and this is amazing, and heartbreaking. I love the voice you gave to Logan here. Beautiful work.
YellinYee chapter 1 . 8/31/2008
I love the emotion and despair running though the fic. Very excellent pathos.

The only thing is I think Mary Anne would be more supportive of Logan. Maybe not initially, but eventually she'd come around to understanding and continue to be his "just" friend.
Epitome of Randomness chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
That is an incredibly hard to answer question.

It is really hard for someone to make me feel sorry for Logan, but you did it. Great fic.
Bambi Tarbelle chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
This is really really good. Logan as a gay...interesting take. Please write more! I love your writing style!
IndulgentWriter chapter 1 . 9/18/2006
This is a beautiful and poignant story. Normally I despise stories where Logan is portrayed as a homosexual because I always hold high hopes of him and Mary Anne ending up together. I honestly didn't have much faith in you creating a one shot for this type of work, but you did it well. I'll be sure to check out your other stories.
CNJ chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Heyy, good piece on Logan. Logan's really not one of my faves, esp. after the way he treated Mary Anne sometimes, but this piece does fit his character. His family, esp. his dad is portrayed accurately here. Lyman would be the type to reject his son for not fitting his image of what a son "should" be.

However, I do think most of Stoneybrook is more open-minded about gays; I suspect there are a few openly gay ppl. living in Stoneybrook; take a look at all the varieties of various families and stepfamilies living there. Of course, you always have a few narrow-minded antminds in every town, small or large, but I think all in all, most of Stoneybrook won't flinch if Logan came out as gay.

I also think the BSC, ESPECIALLY Mary Anne would be supportive; I know they'd never reject Logan if he were gay. Mary Anne esp. is the most open-minded, most liberal, nonjudgemental book character I've ever read about. I know she'd definitely understand about Logan being "confused about his sexuality"; she'd never judge someone for being gay.

In actuality also, hanging around the opposite sex as friends is NOT a "sign" of being gay; I know plenty of heterosexual guys who have girls as friends and plenty of gay guys who have mostly male friends.

Very well-written and rather poignant story and interesting also.
Sweet Apocalypse chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
I've never been a huge fan of Logan but this story made me feel sympathetic towards his character. I feel that he is trapped in a life he does not want. The way his runs his life on automatic, just to keep others happy, is very sad. I don't think he will be able to keep this up for much longer, especially if he meets the right guy. In fact, maybe then he could find some happiness.

You also have written Mary Anne in character perfectly. I'm glad that Logan confided in her, she doesn't deserve a relationship like that (either does Cokie actually). And SHS sucks; they really should have a Gay/Straight Alliance. His father sounds horrible and probably the source of Logan's insecurities.

But, well done. This was a finely written piece :-)
Celica60 chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
Nicely written. It flows well and sums up a lot of feelings in a lovely, compact one-shot. I'm not a Logan fan, but I feel bad for him here. The way you describe his thoughts and feelings makes me feel a bit sorry for him. Although, I think he's a bit selfish, too. I realize his fear, but he's being rather unfair to Cokie. I know she's never been the most sympathetic character, but she deserves to be with someone who truly loves her and cares about her, just as Logan deserves the same. I hope he's wrong about his future and doesn't resign himself to living a lie. It's not fair to him or his future wife. I hope that one day he's comfortable with who he is.

I think you describe Mary Anne's reaction well. I can imagine her reacting in that way, ignoring what she doesn't understand. I feel bad for her, too. She wasted a lot of time on Logan. She's lucky he told her when he did. She could have wasted a lot more.

Good job.