Reviews for Enforced Solitude
FlameOfIllumination chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
I like this. It really sounds like Willow.

"So it really was the four of them. The Scoobies, once united in all things, were now four strangers who barely knew each other because it hurt too much to try and become who they were before. Before this it had been easy and natural and right to be together all the time, to be the close-knit family they had grown into.

...

Because she was hiding in her loneliness too, and it was just too hard to try to pretend she was the Willow she used to be.

It was just too hard."

Sorry for the long quote, but that stuff...you really hit on the heart of the issue don't you? If Willow can see it, and Xander in his own one-shot, they can all see it but they are too far apart to even want to fix the rift.

Going on my favourites lists.
GaboonViper chapter 1 . 11/9/2006
I just like to point out that these are great stories. I don't really have anything to add to the other reviews you got, but I thought this one worthy of a review of my own.

You really captured the feel of season 7, which is actually just a huge dose of angst and hopelessness together. I hated season 7 with a passion. There was really nothing there in the form of happiness, character development, or decent relationships(friendship or otherwise).

I know my opinion of season 7 doesn't bode for your fic, but I actually liked it. Your momentary impressions of the characters so far are dead-on and angsty isn't all that bad as long as it's not a whole book full of it.

So all in all, good job and I'm looking forward to the other ones.
harsens-rob chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
A great vignette that really captured the 'flavor' of both seasons 6 and 7 of the series. And you defintitely 'captured' Willow's voice, IMO.

I really liked that in no time during Willow's thoughts, did she slam Buffy for growing distance. Too many writers would have used that point to turn the story into an Anti-Buffy rant bash. I like that you maintained Willow's sympathy for her friend, even as she couldn't make herself to try to make a reapproachment.

I know that reviews are supposed to include some helpful critiques, but I don't have any. I just liked reading this a lot.
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
This and the first one are both very excellently written. Very well done.

Correction:

Giles was reinstated as Buffy's watcher in season five's "Checkpoint" (with retroactive pay, no less!) He then abandoned Buffy and returned to England less than a year later.

Yes, I understand that it was Mr. Head's decision to leave which forced the writers to come up with a reason for Giles to leave too, but the excuses were pathetic and, realisticly, the council should have provided a replacement watcher. Buffy may not have needed a father-figure (completely untrue) but she still needed an experienced researcher and contact with the council. Poorly planned story arcs plagued season six.

Comment:

As four closely related vignettes, I feel they should all be filed under one story. Even though they may not be chronologically ordered, they are still thematically connected.
WP chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
hey, really enjoyed this. It was good to just be told the truth bluntly, the fact they grew apart in the lead up to chosen. Makes that sentimental feeling pop up. Thanks for the new perspective.
deactivate-account chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
sniff...that's sad, but spot on. I hated how the Scoobies were left in such a mess at the end of the show, you've captured the yearning and the seperation well. Very much looking forward to reading the other perspecitves.
VampOfTheDeep chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
I love how you wrote Willow, another character you're great at ;) Very well-done, I appreciate a good angst. As you could probably tell, of course...