Reviews for The Cat's In The Cradle
A Midsummer chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I hated that OVA for what it is since it crushed any semblance of a happy ending for my favorite childhood series. I never forgave them for doing such a thing. It hurt.

My resentment aside, most anime series fathers are like him. *shrugs* Indeed, Kenji is not his father.
KatsyKat chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
Hmm... I wasn't sure about this peice at first. But overall I enjoyed your progression of reasoning in Kenji's character. I especially loved the tidbit with Soujiro in it.
RancidFarce chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
This one has not seen Seisouhen. That being said, this piece seemed to be chock-full of dramatic goodness. It had good grammar and was easy to read. Thank you. Also, good job with that cameo appearance.
Noc and NC chapter 1 . 7/31/2006
he-ey... having soujiro was a nice touch! I especialy liked Yahiko's quip of, "take a walk. It seems to run in your family, anyways"

I read that s-cry-ed oneshot, of yours and wanderd to your profile. I'm almost positive now that everything I read here I'll like.
Sheo Darren chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
Rather reminds me of the Superman movie, but in reverse (what with the father being reflected in the son and all that). Which is a very effective theme, too (yours, that is).

Good one.
Cattitude chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
What a sad story. :( But I think it aptly describes Kenji's feelings in the OVA.
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
I always feel sorry for Kenji when I read about him. You made me feel even sorry for him. Disapointed hero whorship, always being compared to him, always bitter. Then meeting the Heavenly Swordsman that was quite a scene. Kenji searching for a different perspective of his father and got something he could use.
Hououza chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Interesting story.

Good luck & best wishes,

Hououza
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
I have real problems with Seisouhen, but I do appreciate anyone who can work well with its characterisations. This is beautifully done.

I especially loved the line "die in someone else's words and someone else's memory."
the music lady chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
what a great father's day story! good job! :D
YourSecret'sOut chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
This was really well-written :o) Good job. It was sad when Kenshin and Kaoru died - They're such a beautiful couple and it's sad that Kenji didn't like him too much :o) Again, wonderfully done. Keep up the good work.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I find this very well written but very sad. I reject the whole idea of Seishouhen so I have an immediate problem believing and accepting that Kenshin would be away for the birth of his own son. Still, if you accept the radical turn Kenshin's character makes in Seishouhen, this is a well conceived outcome.
CrazyGirlofManyNames chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
How true

"One man’s son becomes a father.

But the son does not become the father."