Reviews for Absolution
Quis Custodiet chapter 19 . 8/14
I thought the first few chapters of this story were really fantastic. Great characterizations, lots of drama and angst and self loathing. Really excellently written. I have to admit that I even teared up a few times, which is not something that happens easily to me.

However once you started introducing the character deaths and physical conflicts I felt like the story lost a lot of it's "heart". It was actually quite frustrating to me because you had managed to craft a narrative that would have made for an excellent love triangle story between Naru-Keitaro-Motoko, further complicated by the fact that both Motoko and Naru are pregnant (and Naru being married). The feeling I got was one of watching the story carefully be crafted and narrated to arrive at a proverbial "gold mine" of angsty goodness, only to see it derail in a situation so surreal it was, I'm sad to say, actually so comical I found myself laughing at the melodrama when I don't believe that was the intention.

I know this story is almost a decade old, so it's likely you've improved a lot since then (I hope you've kept writing, you have a good talent for it). I'd love to see what you're capable of now if you were to attack a story with similar themes.
Word Addict 620 chapter 20 . 11/28/2013
Great Story. Reminds me of the "Get What You Wanted" series in the Rosario Vampire section. I love how a good writer (you, in case you didn't know) can take a fun piece of fluff, and turn it into a really deep emotional story.
Word Addict 620 chapter 9 . 11/18/2013
OK, so she does die, but even after death is trying to protect her family. Makes me wonder what has happened to Granny during this time.
Word Addict 620 chapter 8 . 11/18/2013
Alas for Su Urashima's don't die easily (I hope).
Did you know chapter 19 . 10/7/2012
Did you know that Jonathan is NOT a Japanese name and it seems to me that you have conveniently forgotten that Keitaro and Motoko are JAPANESE! Did you know? Its a very simple thing you know to look up Japanese names on a search engine was that REALLY such a HARD thing to DO!?
The Hendog chapter 20 . 10/23/2010
That was intense! I have so many questions, but they are better left unasked.

The last few chapters were so emotional that I almost couldn't read them.

I was expecting a very tragic ending. It's good to see things were resolved, but so many died. Jesus, that was tense!

Well done!

-The Hendog
0208 chapter 20 . 12/30/2009
Great story its simply great even tragic but still great and simply 1 of time story and belive me i have read most of LH stories on this site wich have cought my eye so i say GREAT JOB.

Sorry if short review but i'm tight on time.
Higashiyama Sayuri's Devout chapter 20 . 10/14/2009
Oh my god that was awesome... and yes i think the body count was a little high, but men talk about intensity i personally think that ... was the puppet master in all this charade, and wen all her plans failed she tried to take things in to her own hands but then again everything wen to hell.

i think this because she was the only one whose soul was not saved in the end.

Be proud of your awesomeness...
A raging Ghost chapter 20 . 6/22/2009
well then I think this was awesome, horrible, cruel, sad, and twisted.

I loved every bit of this Horrible horrible thing you have contrived. I tip my hat once more to you out of shier awesomeness!

Excellent job.

though a little editing in the text is needed, but it's not so bad that it's a major issue :D
A raging Ghost chapter 15 . 6/22/2009
you are a cruel bastard.

I tip my hat to you good sir
demonliger chapter 20 . 4/13/2008
I had read some of this story on MediaMiner, as you never posted the completed Fic on there, and was saddened that I couldnt finish the story. By boredom(And possibly luck, as I didnt recognize the name of the Fic) I was able to finish the story and I have got to say that it is definately within the top 10 of my Favorite Love Hina fics, if not within the top 5.
Arnoldstrife chapter 19 . 3/23/2008
Its truly a wonderful story, it brougth me to tears and worst yet, I stayed up till 4am when i have work in the morning reading it. Magnificent I'll comment more later after i read the epilogue.
Arnoldstrife chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
This story just called out to be reviewed, I'm surprised I didn't find this earlier. This is just plain AMAZING! I'm only on the first section (chapter 1-5) but The setup is great. When i was reading Chapter 1 it kept me going screaming in my mind "NO! NO! Hold on" In a good way.
Sentiment Remains chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
I love the atmosphere of despair and the emotions each character went through was touching. Like your other Love Hina stories this one is awesome!
Warbender chapter 20 . 10/14/2007
You have written a superb story. Well ballanced action, romance, tragety, and redemption. If it wouldn't break various laws (durn drat durn drat). I would say get it published. Well done. Well done indeed.