Reviews for Storms
Interesting. I always wondered what anakins nightmares were about.
Ascel chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
I'm deeply impressed by this. You've shown in only a few words the relationships between Anakin and Obi-Wan, as wall as Ani and other people. It's great how simply use of "Kenobi" for the most of a fic, and changing it to "Obi-Wan" at the end shows Anakin's feelings. I simply adore emotions written this way - without really describing them.

It's also really good portrayal of Anakin, I think. How he is in a Temple, how others treat him. The whole stuff about being Chosen One. His determination to be a Jedi, and why exactly he wants to be a one. Great.

And considering when you posted this thing, it really is great, and very canonish, in my mind. Just wow.
Admiral Lily chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
Oh! I wanna cry! Poor Anakin, so torn. I've heard it suggested that Anakin was conceived by the force due to a sith. I never liked that idea as though it mean he was destined to be evil and yet I can't really believe that either. I believe there are always several paths we can take and perhaps this is why his story is so tragic.

Well done.
Silver Caracal chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
Wow, the foreshadowing was chilling. I really liked the way you kept repeating Jira's words, it added a desperate sort of tone to the story. Very good.
Stephantom chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
I've been reading a great deal of your stuff, the past few days, quite rapidly. It's all just so so good. Your characterizations are amazingly well-done. Many of the characters are difficult to capture, especially Anakin/Vader I think, since we see him at so many different stages and yet we have to believe he is the same person all along, and you need to avoid making him seem too innocent and soft, but also too evil. In all your stories, you've gotten the balance perfect.

This story really captures the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan and hints with a beautiful subtley at Anakin's future, and the already existing conflicts that will take him there.

I read one of your essays, about the seeds planted in Episode I, and one of your main focuses for what might lead to Anakin's break from the Jedi would be his desire to end slavery. I think this story hints at that idea a lot. The image of the upcoming stormcloud is very powerful, but knowing how Episodes II and II went, I feel slightly disappointed, even if I did appreciate and enjoy them, because they don't live up to what you've set up here, I think. There are a few lines here and there that reveal a lot about Anakin, like how he tells Padme that if there was less pointless political debating and someone to just take action instead, more things would get done faster, but not enough is made of that. I don't know, there is just so much potential in the characters, and the situations...

I wish you had written the scripts. lol.
Sophita chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
I love this story. I read it a long time ago, but I only recently found it again, and boy am I glad I did. It's beautifully written; you really have a gift when it comes to words.
AerinBrown chapter 1 . 8/31/2003
I wish that someone would let Anakin see his mother, though I guess it makes sense that he doesn't...

Anyway. That was sad. Well done, though.

Keep writing!
Zurizip chapter 1 . 2/1/2003

And really cool, too add.
Torny chapter 1 . 3/7/2001
This story is very foreboding. Anakin's desire to trust in his master is overriding his instincts. This story makes me wonder where Episode II will take us.
starfish chapter 1 . 9/19/2000
Great story, beautifully written and really poignant.
RogueJai chapter 1 . 6/14/2000
Just found this-love it. Grrr, evil Council. Evil! Let the boy go home for once! Why are they threatened by his mother!
Diana chapter 1 . 6/12/2000
Totally awesome! I REALLY enjoyed this, other then the fact I cried nearly all the way through it *wince* But it is unbelievably excellent in both characterization and foreshadowing the events still to come. As a *huge* Anakin fan, I give it a full 10 for exemplary writing!
Starr chapter 1 . 6/5/2000
Oooh, kinda creepy. I like it!
padawanjinx chapter 1 . 5/31/2000
Very touching and sad introspect. Nice work. PJ
Darth Pipes chapter 1 . 5/31/2000
Glad to see this fine story here JG. Good job!