Reviews for Minerva's Loss
Pecha Pichu chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
correct grammar and everything,

but I don't think Minerva would be so fond of Severus after he killed her friend and mentor.
Sinkme chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
great one shot. i really think most people tend to overlook how mcgonagall must have felt at the end of hbp and no one really gives her enough credit. great job in capturing the relationship btw snape and mcg.
womanintobyscoat chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
This fic is amazing - doubly so as its by far better than many of the efforts by native english speakers on here!

Great fic - love the interplay between these three characters in the books but i really really like how you portray them in your fic - good job :)
ippogrifo chapter 1 . 5/13/2007
Minerva’s forgiveness and empathy for Snape’s desperate situation, stands for our worry.

McGonagall is one of my favourite characters and I really enjoyed this one.

I like all those fics where there is a good relation between the two colleagues. In a simple one shot you managed to tell how it developed from her first suspicion up to the respect, friendship and almost motherly love of the last years.

As you seem to suggest, it would be great if in the end Minerva could become Snape’s accomplice, his best secret contact.
cecelle chapter 1 . 8/31/2006
Quite enjoyable - I hope Minerva in canon will figure things out this quickly. Snape could use the support!
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 8/25/2006
I have been meaning to checkout your other fics for AGES. Sorry it took me so long! I've been really busy...

Well, what can I say? I like this little fic...it really explores Snape's good side, and the reasons to trust him.

I agree with you, he HAS to be innocent. There are so many things for it. Like, if his mission was to kill Dumbledore, why ever would he have saved his life back in last summer when Dumbledore was dying from destroying the ring Horcrux? That just wouldn't make sense.

So yes, there is definitely more to Snape than meets the eyes.

I can't wait to find out what JKR has to say about him but meanwhile your story is satisfying, good job, and I really didn't see many grammatical errors.

I'll point out a few if you like, but they really didn't detract much from the story.

"None of the characters belongs to me." - belong

"Spinner's End, that's how it is called." - that's WHAT it is called

"And when she should be, at least for once, really sincere with herself, to her biggest surprise and joy in the same instant." - you wouldn't normally say 'biggest' surprise. Probably 'greatest' - or even just 'surprise'.

"Oh, she knew Dumbledore was old and too big a target to stay unattacked for too long" - again, 'big' isn't what most people would use. Maybe 'great'.

But really, this is very well written, and all I can say is, I would love to be able to write as fluently and descriptively as this in another language. You have a talent.
Black Zora chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Hallo Iva!

Ich reviewe dir einfach mal auf deutsch, ja? Ich weiß ja, dass du mich verstehst... ;-)

Also: Die Story hat mir wirklich gut gefallen. „The overgrown bat from the dungeons and the old twinkling fool from the tower“ – schön hast du das gesagt... ;-)

Manchmal hatte ich den Eindruck, dass du mit den verschiedenen Zeiten im Englischen ein bisschen auf Kriegsfuß stehst – vor allem mit Simple Past und Past Perfect. Es wäre sicher gut, wenn du einen im Englischen fitten Beta-Leser auftreiben könntest. Denn deine Storys an sich sind sehr schön und flüssig erzählt, es macht wirklich Spaß, sie zu lesen.

Zum Schluss eine ganz ketzerische Frage ;-) : „Minerva’s Lost“ heißt ja übersetzt „Minerva ist verloren“. Wolltest du das wirklich ausdrücken, oder sollte der Titel „Minervas Verlust(e)“ heißen (klingt auf Englisch natürlich besser, der Titel wäre dann „Minervas Loss“, eventuell auch „Minervas Losses“, wenn du besonders betonen willst, dass sie mehrere Verluste erlitten hat, „Loss“ ist aber geläufiger)? Ich bin mir allerdings nicht sicher, was den Apostroph angeht...

Egal, ich freue mich auf jeden Fall darauf, mal wieder was von dir zu lesen.

LG Zora.
whitehound chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Very sweet - I'm sure that Albus and Minerva in canon are both genuinely fond of Snape.
Underground chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
A very good little one shot. I enjoyed it. Thank you!
duj chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
Interesting to see the final events of HBP from Minerva's side. I hope in canon she also rethinks Harry's evidence and all the interactions she's had with the accused over 23 years, first as teacher and then as fellow-colleague.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I hope this isn't a one-shot. I will be patient with any errors. If you continue this story, I would like to be your beta. It must break Minerva's heart to lose Dumbledore and to lose Severus as a friend. I hope she can find out from the portrait that Snape was only doing what he was told (just the way Harry did what he was told in the cave).
somethingwithatail chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
I absolutely love the way Minerva interprets what had happened. It seems to be written well except in a few areas. Specifically, the tense you use for most of the story is a bit awkward sounding even if you manage to do it perfectly. Yours, however, has a few mistakes in it, which makes it quite difficult to read sometimes. I say again, though, that I really love the way that Minerva sees things in this story. I really makes you think. Also, for a non-native speaking writer, you are doing fantastic. Keep up the great work!