Reviews for The One
Keisha chapter 8 . 1/10/2010
I haven't read this story in ages and I was kind of hoping thAt there would be more chapters As this story is quite amazing. Hope to reAd more soon. I love how you portray Karen in this story, and how it's k/s (keeping to the storyline) but adding a part of Karens life thAt could have been. Amazing story. Keisha.
LightLeadingMe chapter 8 . 10/9/2009
God Lord. I wish you still continued this! It's incredible!
Kate chapter 8 . 5/17/2008
Hi, I was wondering if you're going to continue this story? it's absolutely fantastic and I would absolutely LOVE to read more of it! Please, please, please update!
Karenfan chapter 8 . 2/4/2008
Oh please update this soon!
katerina24 chapter 8 . 12/10/2007
Oh no! Please don't tell me you've abandoned this! It's so good!
Bri chapter 8 . 11/17/2007
*GASP* you have no idea how happy I was to see another chapter to this story, it's my favorite fic of all time. You are THE most brilliant writer on the face of the earth, haha, really *gets down on knees and worships*. I just want to keep reading it forever and ever. Don't ever end it. lol. But an update every few years would be much appreciated! P lol
Keisha chapter 8 . 8/19/2007
Hey Leanne :) It's Keisha, I can't be bothered to log in. I haven't checked FF in so long! I love your story I'm so glad you updated. I feel so squeemish now, I hate Luca, he's evil. And I'm sure there is so long to go before the others find out that Lucas is evil too. I love Stan, obviously Karen is going to shut him out, but I hope that he doesn't take it, or let her go. Oh that'd be sad :( Anyway I hope you keep updating. I love this story and it was a pleasant suprise to see you updated :) xx
JWood201 chapter 8 . 6/13/2007
OMG YOU'RE ALIVE! As crazy and psycho and nuts as this story still is, you know I love it. Please update it soon! I love Livvy and I thought when she showed up she was gonna stay with her since Stan was away, but I do love that Kar's going to the parent/teacher conference. It's infuriating that Jack isn't all protective, but I can see how Lucas could distract him and I love myself some Stanley anyway, haha.

Anyway, seriously, update soon or I might cry. Seriously.
verity-mac chapter 8 . 5/24/2007
OMG...I love this! Please, please, please write more soon! There are times i've nearly cried reading this - you are a fantastic writer :)
Pamena chapter 8 . 5/22/2007
I feel like I’ve said this a hundred times, and I *know* I just told you, but still, it bears repeating, you are an amazing writer hon. I’m so jealous. You just have this way of making me crave more every time I read a chapter. Whenever I beta for you, I’m always excited to be depressed(your stories don’t exactly make me think of puppies and cute ), which I think says a lot about the quality of writing, but I’m going to shut up now and start reviewing like I know you’re waiting for me to move on to;) Bear with me, I’m a lil’ rusty. Haha Someone needs to remind me to download that song, I have to hear it. I’ll make Mars do it, she’s my music Okay, I can’t even express how much I *loathe* Lucas, he’s such an asshole, I can’t stand him. But at the same time, you write him so well, it’s impossible not to want to know what he’s going to do next. And for some reason, during this chapter, I kept picturing him as Orson from Desperate Housewives. Haha The fact that he can just waltz right in, and within the course of a few weeks, completely change everyone’s opinions about Karen, it just irritates me to no end. I mean, how can these people be so damn stupid? Will never liked her much to begin with, so that I get, but Grace is usually so much better at reading Karen, and discerning when something’s bothering her. Dangle some man candy in front of her and she completely loses sight of that. I’m way too involved in this story, if you can’t already tell, dear.

I think, what I hate even more than any of them losing faith in Karen so quickly, is the way she’s slowly reverting back to the woman she used to be, when she was with that miserable bastard otherwise known as Lucas. Like, that scene in the bathroom(which you wrote so brilliantly, by the way), and the way he controls her, even now. Even after all this time, he still has some power over her, this hold on her, or maybe it’s the old her that’s still in there somewhere. Either way, I don’t like that he can turn her into that timid, scared little girl like she was in the bathroom. He told her no hitting, and she NODDED! What the hell, man? He’s already changing her. Like Karen was thinking, I have to wonder what she saw in him, what made her think he was a good person. I guess it’s so easy to be blinded to that when you’re willing to be. I would love to know what the hell his master plan is, besides turning her into a scared little rabbit. What is he planning? You’re gonna have to answer that before I go crazy. Anyway, he gave that filthy old man her address! That is sick and twisted. And so like So I’m thinking she needs Body Guards 1 and 2 following her around at all hours, and posted outside her front door to throw dirty old men out into the street if they come within 30 feet of her? Sound good? ‘Kay. Of course, it can never be that easy with But I have to say, if Stanley doesn’t figure out what’s going on before it’s too late, I’m going to be very upset. He needs to kick Lucas’ ass. I would pay big bucks to see that;) Stanley’s little note on the bed was adorable, he’s so sweet. I want one of him. Haha I was disappointed that he wasn’t there, but at the same time, kind of relieved because I don’t think Karen could have handled any more confrontation without completely snapping. And I have a feeling she would have taken it out on Stanley. Probably a high heel to the

Olivia is adorable, being so nervous about asking Karen to go to the parent/teacher meeting. She’s so insightful though, she noticed the way Karen basically flinched when she cleared her throat, and how unfocused her eyes were. She’s very perceptive of what’s going on around her, but she’s still a child, and that probably hinders her from fully understanding it, or grasping what she’s seeing. And I forgot to mention earlier, but Grace’s ‘jealous bitch’ comment? I have never physically wanted to smack someone as much as I did right then, and it’s a fictional character! See, I’m invested, you can’t quit Alright, there were some pretty fabulous lines in here, but I’m gonna try to limit it to 50. Kidding;)

She had started to enjoy Fischer’s attentions. Why else would she stop feeling nauseous after a visit with him?-Um, can I just say, ‘eww’? What the hell kind of logic is that? She stopped getting sick because she started becoming numb to it, when she stopped getting sick, that’s when he’d broken her.

Safely shut away from the others she allowed only one word to slip from her mouth as all the day’s revelations piled on top of her. “Shit.”-I couldn’t help but smile at that, because that word just describe’s everything, and it’s something I’m sure everyone can remember saying when nothing else will quite suffice.

She found that she couldn’t remember much of the day at all; only the groundbreaking moments seemed willing to stay with her. Such was the irony of her life.-I don’t know why, but I just loved that. You have a wonderful way with words, some of the things I read may not hold a lot of significance, but just the way you word them makes them beautiful, even when it’s just a simple sentence.

I would love to quote that whole second to last paragraph, with the comparison between herself and the note, both broken, it’s just another example of the way you describe things that makes me stop and think about how exquisite it sounds. I have this huge sense of foreboding, and I just know the worst is yet to come. You’re just very slowly easing us into that so we don’t go into shock. Haha You’re doing such an amazing job with this Linds, and I’m so glad you’ve been able to delve back into this and begin writing again. I’ve really missed your updates, hell, I’ve missed being your Thanks for the update darling, it was definitely worth that horrendous wait;) I’m looking forward to another one soon! And yes, that’s a hint.
broken-candy-hearts chapter 8 . 5/21/2007
Aww...poor Karen. Grace is being such a bitch. I love this story. Please update soon!
mullallyhayesfan chapter 8 . 5/21/2007
oh honey i am so glad you contiued this story! im sorry to hear you had some personal problems. i missed this story alot! i hope that karen tells grace about lucas and she actually believes her. its a shame karen was hurt and i dont want to see grace hurt too. i hope that stan can get kare to tell him what really happened. he needs to know and maybe she'll feel better if she gets it off her chest. update soon honey please!
mars2192 chapter 8 . 5/21/2007
Okay, so I'm still a little in shock that you've actually updated. *chants* Lucas is still a bastard, Lucas is still a bastard. You may be hearing that a lot. Especially from Pam and me. lol. And you're off until October? Lucky you! I'm not offically off for summer yet and then I'm only off until summer. :( Boo. I can't believe Grace is moving in with that creep. Somebody needs to knock some sense into that girl. And I've just realised the irony of what I just said given Lucas' previous record. I can't wait until you update next because I really want to see what happens. BUT DON'T LEAVE IT SO LONG FOR THE NEXT UPDATE! Not that I can talk... (And you're welcome for my nagging ;)lol)
mrs-stuart-turner chapter 7 . 1/26/2007
GAH no you can't stop it there! I want to read about when Karen tells them all about what happened! (if thats even going to happen!) Please update soon!

Ellyce xx.
mrs-stuart-turner chapter 6 . 1/26/2007
Wow this is the best chapter so far! You're such a talented writer! It's very realistic as well :). I loved the bit with the lipstick and the note in the bin, i thought that was very skilled!

Ellyce xx.