Reviews for 3 New Voice Messages
KatieLB chapter 1 . 8/28/2006
good job... would it kill the man to call back ...just once! good job
Middleageslover chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
That has got to be the sweetest thing I have ever read! I love it!
carocali chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
What a perfect, simple story. Everything about it was right in character and so touching. Sorry I'm so far behind, but I wanted to let you know that I loved it!

:D

Caroline
Ginger Ninja chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Such a sweet story. I loved it. Nice to see John being nice for once :)

GN
Tidia chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
So, watch your back old man. And if you ever want to… um… like, join forces again? I'd really like that. Gimme a call sometime.' The Impala's horn honked. 'Cut it out, jackass! I gotta go. Happy Father's Day, Dad.'

LOL- I love the old man comment and how Sam is involved in Dean's part and Dean is involved in Sam's part

tidia
ladyerudite chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
kudos for such an excellent one-shot! very poignant, indeed! :)
morning sunlight chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
This is great. I love the boys' phone messages - the voices are spot on. The way Dean makes the excuse of having driven past Hallmark for remembering. I love the memory of the black dog liking the cookies and shouting 'fetch' that was great. I also think Sam's message is good - very understated 'I know we've never seen eye to eye on a lot of stuff' Great, I shall be looking for more of your writing.
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 6/22/2006
Aww, this was great. Father's day is hard for me after losing my Dad a few years ago so it took me awhile to get to read this, but I'm glad I did. I could hear the boys talking, their voices were so in character. Just going to echo everyone else saying how much I liked it. The last line was perfect. Thanks for sharing this story, and have a great day :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Your one shots are always excellent. Dean and Sam were so in character, perfect. Loved Dean's call, I could just picture Jensen :) receiting the lines.

I like how you wrote John. He loves his boys and raised them the best that he could and you showed him in a positive light, good job.

Thanks for sharing your story.
Vee-sama chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Aw, that's sweet
Red Hardy chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Your one-shots have been so few and far between lately and I REALLY miss them, so I was very happy to see this one - and for Father's Day no less!

I was so happy to see John cast in a true to character and very believable light! Way too much John bashing going on lately, so this was a wonderfully refreshing change! And you write him so well! Not perfect, but a man with flaws who loves his kids and did the best he could under the circumstances.

You captured the essence of the relationships he has with his sons and how very different those relationships are. LOVED how Sam and Dean kept interrupting each other and John's reactions to hearing that in the background! LOL!

I think my two favorite lines were:

"I just wanted to call and say, you know… I love you and shit."

LOL! That is so Dean! :D

"And you know… if you ever wanna call, I know Dean would really like to hear from you…' There was a hesitation, then almost so quiet John couldn't hear it, 'And I would too. Bye, Dad.'"

WAH!

"The messages were the best gift he'd ever received from his boys." and "They would be his legacy," pretty much ensured I'm a blithering pile of mush right now.

Thank you for a wonderful story! One I will definitely be reading again!
ridley chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
God, I am so glad someone wrote a fic casting John in a good light. Nobody better than you, my friend. It was so damn real as always, and I always get a little envious of how easy you make it look. None of that cutting your wrists and let them bleed all over the page, no, you make it look like a walk in the park. Which is the beauty behind your stories. I can see them unfold in my head. Never complicated, never over flowery, just real and strong, like the characters themselves. This has to be one of my favorite John fics now. And I love the Dean, and Sam, and how what they said was so different, yet just the same underneath. The little snippits of them yelling at each other was perfect. Yes-you are still the master of these one shots. I can't wait til the next one.

Ridley
SueJRA chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Nice, succinct and well written piece with just the right touch of sentiment. Well done x
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Aw...that was beautiful. Totally beautiful. Thank you.
TangledPencils chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
sniffle, sniffle...that was really touching, well done.
59 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »