Reviews for Spoils of War
RiverJordyn chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Another ow, but a bittersweet one. I like fics in which Mimi outlives Roger...because there are only a few. Mark and Mimi make me happy...i feel people always put them together in a romance after Roger dies, but that would be wrong and just...no. I love mark so much. This one was hard to read. In the future and it just hurt to think of. But very good. Very good...
Morkhan chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
Good. GoodgoodgoodgoodGOOD. I loved this quite a bit. I love your portrayal of... well, everyone really. I don't understand all these people who act like no one learned anything from the events of RENT. Everyone seems to think Mark would fall apart so easily, that everyone would leave or die or commit suicide because it's just too hard. RENT was about LIFE, even in the face of death.

Bah, I'm ranting, and I shouldn't rant. Anyway, good portrayal of the characters. Love that Mimi outlived Roger (why does that seem so rare in fics?), and I love that Roger seemed to provide for them both. I love that Maureen and Joanne are still around and NOT doing the same old fight-breakup-makeup thing (because people do grow and change, you know). I love that you didn't fall into the songfic trap of 'I MUST USE EVERY LINE.' You used the lyrics that fit and it FIT, and that's all that matters.

A nice little bittersweet fic. Warms me heart, it does. Thanks for sharing.
TheYummyPencil chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Aw. I love that you gave the table its due! It’s so true. That thing has seen some action!

It was so real and poignant how you described the deaths of the Bohemians and the impact they had on Mark and Mimi. And sweet how Mark and Mimi still have each other at the end of it all.

And Civilian totally sounds like a film Mark would make! Even if he stole the title from Adam Pascal's CD. Maureen’s comment about 'Your Eyes' made me snort! Trust her to never hold back.

Great job!
CrAzYcAnAdIaNcHiCk710 chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
great job!

civilian is adam pascal's CD!

YAY!

sorry, random. great fic!
zorabet chapter 1 . 8/8/2006
*is bawling*

like whoa.

That was so touching and good. ]
razmatazz chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
this fic gave me the shivers. it's just freakishly perfect. i can actually feel the sadness emanating from everyone, even when maureen goes "that really is the worst song," because we all know she too misses roger.

i really truly love your fics and i hope you keep on writing. :)
CrimsonCat chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Love all of your rent stories. I love the way you bring the characters to life. Your stories seem like little forgotten moments. The ones that never made it into the musical or the movie.

Also, I've been trying to find the speed rent community on LJ for awhile now with no luck. I was hoping you'd be able to point me in the right direction.
Megan chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
i always think of Mark when I hear that song.

Great fic. Bittersweet.

Megan
xbecbebex chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
I admit the title is a little off.

But I love love love love love this story. Good job! It worked well!
toooldforthissite chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
GREAT fic. You did a very good job on getting in their heads. I enhoyed it! :D
empty hotel chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
oh, incredible.
heytheremeranda chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Aw.

I really liked that.

Great job.
UnnamedElement chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Wow. That was really, really great! Perfect song choice, too. Now that I think about it, it really does describe so man y of the Bohos, depending on which way you look at it. Nice characterizations and interesting that you had Mimi outlive Roger. It throws a twist into things. Anyway, love the story. Cheers- UE
Elephantian chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Wow, that was amazing. It was so beautifully written. I loved it!
Lanhar chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
no one understand, i like that.

the fact that no matter how close mark might get to someone they will never understand those days.

the days they died, and the day they met.

great fic.