Reviews for Oldest
Alyss Penedo chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
Wow.
LadyBlue chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
omg that was so awesome :D
well done x great grammar and stuff like that thought it was a really great unique story didnt want it to end!
duck-on-quack chapter 1 . 2/8/2010
This is simply amazing. I absolutely love how you captured their personalities; your portrayals fit them both so well. It's impossible to pick out just one line or one part that I liked more than the rest of it...

But I must say that this:

"Even rambles on and on about how Ienzo’s braids are gone, like that’s a crime against nature - but no one mentions how Braig’s hair has streaked almost completely grey on top, or how Dilan’s voice sounds like he’s been stealing Master Ansem’s pipe again for weeks in a row. Elaeus’s hair used to be so thick that he’d catch bees in it during the summer, tying it back with hands sticky with berry-juice from helping out the farmers."

...and this:

"Eventually Dilan breaks down a shop door, bruising his shoulder in the process and complaining mightily about it for hours."

...and this:

"“I don’t know,” Dilan replies, methodically searching through the drawers for a corkscrew, “but while we’re here, I’m prepared to find out.”"

Are beautiful and hilarious. -

The little details you throw in are just so lovely and make it so much more realistic. :)

Again I say that this is a just plain fantastic story, and I thank you for posting it! (:
lily23 chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
You write him so great.

“Wherever you are now, I hope the Darkness had a tough time chewing on you.”

I like that line.
silver-kin chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Reading this, I felt like I knew Xigbar better. I like the way you've written the relationship between the 6 of them, from this story and the others. I especially liked the 'cheese' and 'army of rats' part. It made me laugh. Thanks for the story!
RococoSpade chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
wow. brilliant storytelling, and the details werent overdone but vibrant.
Carmen Willious Dorman chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Great work. What he said at the end was the best part. And I loved that backdrop for how Braig first met the King. XD
osmandias chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
*jaw drops* For a one shot fic, this is... I'm amazed by it. It's so full of their memories, tyring to recall their emotions. I love seeing the beginning of the Organization arriving in their new world, or the author's interpretation of it, and this is going on my faves.

I love how you've captured Dilan's selfishness and his own physical concern. Good take on Braig as well.
IndigoHyacinth chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
I found your backstory for Braig very interesting-the whole notion of Falls divers and all that. It was sort of odd to take in at first-but then when you consider Xigbal's fighting style, it makes sense. That was neat . Your characterization was wonderful, as always ( and I particularly liked that bit about Ansem's habit with the butter knife). You seem to be really diving deeply into the whole KH2/Org 13 story and fandom lately neh? ;)
mikata-chan chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Wow, wow wow! This was wonderful. You're writing is wicked. Wicked. Y'hear! I believe that Xigbar and Xaldin do not get near enough love. Gosh, Xigbar will stay in my gamers hall of fame forever, just because I spent a chunk of my life trying to beat him. And don't even ask my cousin about Xaldin, I'm guessing he still has nightmares. Anyway, the gaming experience is different for everyone and I think it's great that there is such an AWESOME story for two formidable characters.

Anyway concerning you're story alone, it was so incredibly well written and crafted that it's inspiring. There was very little to go on in the game with their personalities, but you handled it like a pro. You conveyed the progression (lost hearts) nicely. Ended to soon for me. :)

Leaving before I write an essay,

MC
nanashi000 chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Your writing is simply astounding. It's by far the best I've ever read here, maybe anywhere! I really liked this story, and I like how even though they're not supposed to have emotions, it seems like they still do. I think they really do have them, but we got a biased view of the Nobodies, since we saw it from the protagonist's viewpoint. .; Anyway, enough of my rambling.
Sea-Tiger170 chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
Wow, this one was good. I know I should probably give a huge extensive list of things I liked from this story, but I really can't. It was just, in general and overal, a wonderfully told story. It really gave a perspective on the apprentices. And while I said I wouldn't give a list, I have just one other thing to say. I totally loved it when he mentioned thinking Even was going to strangle him. Very funny, and I can understand why he would, considering that Braig didn't really have any training or stuff before working there. And a king really would need a lot of different people, you know?

Anyway, I loved this one, like I love all your work!

"Cheers, old man. Wherever you are now, I hope the Darkness had a tough time chewing on you."