Reviews for Reflections
eridani chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
That was really well done and very thoughtful. I liked the subtly to it and the way that you could see there was a great deal of depth to their relationship whether platonic, romantic or somewhere in between. Thanks very much!
LadyBluePhoenix chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
Really good.
Verasque chapter 1 . 4/25/2009
Amazing. There were numerous lines that really stood out, but I think I like this one best: "But that’s the way it had always been with them – intense and infrequent." It's only recently that I've been rethinking my opinions of both of these characters in terms of the reality of their jaded personalities. Because that's what they've become as they've gotten older.

I truly enjoyed reading this because you have a wonderful way of presenting a realistic side of them that still maintains the best part of them - their friendship. I find it hard to come across A/J stories that really encapsulates everything I'm looking for; but this is it. The drama was deep, and their exchange so very significant in its address of the issue that had always stood between them: duty.

Definitely a favourite :)
Tortall101 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
aww *sniff, sniff* this is so sweet!
Moonveil chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
really good! I enjoyed reading it.
FanFictionFantom chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Wow. A well-written A/J. I can barely believe it.

I think the best thing about A/J, which you really hit on in this fic with their talk of wanting to be young again, is that it was her most intense, most fiery relationship. It sort of embodied her youth, all the time she spent around Jon and Gary and Raoul. I was really miffed when the last two books (and even the hand of the goddess book, really) had almost no interaction at all between the four.

So, in short (sorry this was so long) I think you did a great job, and it'd be nice to see this really long unposted fic you were mentioning at the top-I have one of those myself :]
Pink Squishy Llama chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Heehee.

And lots of HAIR ads at the bottom of the page to boot! W00t! Lol. _
dwellersmomentum chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
I really love this. Quiet, with this hint of the old intensity. And their relationship is still complex and very much *there*, but not to the exclusion of the universe TP went on to build. They don't have to have omg declarations of love to have heated interaction. And yeah, just... solid characterization. This might sound rude, but it isn't intended to be- the writing in this fic is unobtrusive. It feels like a smooth continuation of TP's world, rather than someone grabbing hold of the universe and leaving a glaring impression, you know?

I would love to read your story, whenever you get a chance to post it! Email it to me, even. Again, great job.

(Minor quibble: you go into present tense in "that justifies their presences"- should be justified.)
Tari-Aldaron chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
*content sigh*

very nice
Hedgewitchery chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Now, see, *this* A/J scenario strikes me as quite plausible. I like your take on their relationship.
Tomoyo Kinomoto chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Alanna and Jon are already married to other people! And why was an assassin mentioned if they didn't die at the end? It's really well written though, you really got their personality.
l1lyfl0w3r chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
That was really good. It was sweet and I liked it.
Lady Genevieve chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
Nice. Well written and captures Jon and Alanna well. Keep it up :)