Reviews for How Art the Mighty
AdrenalineRush16 chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
YOU KILLED SPOT? ::gasps...then snickers:: Hee, oh well, he'll be alive tomorrow for a new fic. Yay! ;) Very angsty, yet very fun to read.

I loved the voice of the unknown girl; you tend to be really good at that. See, I dislike most girl OC's, but the unknown ones are amazing! And you just hit those girls right on the head whenever you write stuff like this; everything is always done so well. :D LOVED it! Especially this line:

"“He was a good man.” Jack Kelly declared with firm loyalty. “No matter what they say.”

And then he walked away, an old cowboy hat pulled low over his brow."

Jack angst, yay again! ;) You're very good at doing angst, may I request more? :)

Click...submit...Yay! (had to steal that from you, sorry! ;D)

AdrenalineRush16

P.S. I liked the title, is it a hymn?
Tiny Timb chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
O...M..G...omg. SAD! *sobs* But kind of made you think about Spot behind the scenes. You're amazing darling. Keep writing!

!*!Timber
elleestJenn chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
O you killed Spot. I don't hate you, I'm just sad now. I like it. I did find the two different fonts confusing at first. Normally the regular kind is the present and the italics is the past. But anyways good good.
Jaco Be Nimble chapter 1 . 6/24/2006

...

I liked it...despite Spot dieing...I liked it.

Gunned down? This is a story I shall be pondering for many a day to come...what for, by whom, on whose orders? Some of those questions, at least.

You hath made me think, even if it's about how one of my two favorite Newsies was beat. . Thank you.

- GN
MidnightRain101 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I really liked it. Very well-written, and it made me sad. You're a great writer, and even though you killed Spot, I encourage you more to write stories such as this one. Bravo!
Lyse's Pieces chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I'm not going to say that I like character death, but I love when it's done right. You did a great job with this story; it had the right amount of tragedy and just a glitter of warmth at the end. Impressive indeed!
yorozuyagaren chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
It's very good. I like the format, and it's very well-written. I'm not usually a big one for character death, but tonight I seem to be in the mood for it. (Hell, I just posted a drabble about Peter Pan committing suicide. Yah, I'm nuts.)

Lovely. Very lovely.
xoxFancyxox chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Wow... i mean just wow... That was amazing. You have fantastic discription, i mean i actually cried. The words that you used to set the mood were just... wow... Okay I don't think i've ever used that many wows before.. lol.. haha but yes, amazing story, keep it up!
stress chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
I am, sadly, a huge fan of character death. It sounds weird, I know, but in those time death was a reality. I kill my characters off all the time - and I love the last bit with the gravestone information. It's almost as if - maybe - you could deny that it was Spot until the realization of his name being carved on the stone hits you. Nice job :)
ChocolateCoveredJockey chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
aw! I already gave you my review by email, but here's the official one. I love this...So sad, but so good...I love you're writing girly :D I love you anyways, but you're writing is amazing :D
Emanoma chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Pore Spot is dead.. pore Spot Conlon's dead.. don't ask. Oklahoma. Very sad, but very cute.
lovers.dreamers.me chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
wow. that was good. depressing, but awesome.
Purple Rhapsody chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Ah I loved this! It was very well-written indeed, a true pleasure to read (look at me with that rhyming! heehee)

I particularly loved this part:

"In his youth he was a survivor. A leader. He was a brother, a father, a protector for those who had none. He had loved the simplicity of life and understood its frailty."

Aw Spot! That little blurb summed it up nicely :)

Great job!