Reviews for Questio Pacis
Artemis XIII chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
A very, very beautiful OS, perfectly suited to the fic. No wonder Verity Brown thought it a nice gift! I was nearly in tears. Thank you for writing this!
Hypnobarb chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
This "lost chapter" is truly a revelation into the psyche of a deeply troubled and complicated man. Reading this after the story, Verity had to have this Snape in mind while writing "Merciless Affection".

She wouldn't have dared include this chapter. It simply reveals too much of the truth behind his motivations and actions. A lot of tension in the story would have vanished, because Snape's future actions might have been more readily projected.

Beautifully written and very insightful. Do you know how to give great birthday presents or what?
uptowngirl48 chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
wow, words can't describe it!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/22/2006
Wonderful, incredible story. I must go find this Verity Brown and inhale everything she's ever written, too.

(I know how late this review is. I was on vacation, see, with no Internet, which admittedly helped me write more, and stuff backed up and I didn't get caught up...well, I have over 30 unread messages, let's just put it that way).
ladycatski chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Very gritty! This was strong enough that it could be a one-shot.
cecelle chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Well done and deeply touching. I especially liked where he compares the innocence of the Madonna with Sarah, who has had to lose her innocence to survive.
pale lioness chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Oh wow lady whitehart you have so outdone yourself on this one! That was the most powerful fic I have read in a long time. Now I must go and read the novel length fic that it goes to. There was so much raw emotion in this piece It was absolutely amazing. The religious elements were very subtle. This didn't come off as preachy at all; just very incredibly moving. Excellent work, luv!
AlanaRose12 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Wow! What a great story! I love seeing parts of "A Merciless Affection" from Snape's point of view.

This was a very moving story. I could feel Snape's anguish and desire to be rid of all the pain and guilt. I like the idea of him seeing the crucifix appearing to take away all of his pain. I like that he was able to find the courage to confess his sins - not an easy thing to do. And I like that the priest saw something good in Snape and was willing to forgive even against his judgment.

Absolutely wonderful story! Keep up the great work! :)
Verity Brown chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
I have rarely been moved by a fic the way this "lost chapter" of yours moves me. Snape is so true to himself, and yet the depth of emotion and spirit here is intense. That's not an easy thing to do without resorting to fluffy-bunny!Snape.

"Involuntarily, he raised his eyes once more to the crucifix, using the anguish displayed there as means to minimize his own. Severus understood the expression of physical pain, but he only beginning to comprehend the extent of the emotional pain an innocent would endure by taking on a punishment that should not have been His." What an incredible moment! Not an epiphany or a conversion or anything so bluntly religious-just a realization of a man who has both sinned horribly and suffered because of the sins of others. Wow.