Reviews for It's Not Easy
Lark chapter 1 . 7/3/2006
Kay. Well. Love the prologue. I don't like "House" all that much, but I love the subject, and I like the little bit about Murphy's Law.

Anyway, this is good writing, and most definitely worth reading. I'll read the rest some other time this week.

And for heaven's sake, keep writing.
D L Dzioba chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
What is with all the House fics recently? I should really watch the show some time so I know WHO you're talking about.

I do however like they way in which you start handling the abused husband situation. It's a very solid piece of writing and if you changed the characters to be your own you would have the beginnings of a good origionl piece.

You seem to have the creativity for it. I love your use of vocabulary and phrasing. I'd be overjoyed to see an origional piece from you.
havenn chapter 11 . 7/2/2006
Wow, very nice! I liked it a lot, very much worth the read!
Robin again schweetheart chapter 2 . 7/2/2006
Again, dialogue very on par. I could see House's limited barrage of facial expressions utilized here perfectly, and the whole reprimanding Wilson for fainting is pretty on par.

I wasn't digging Cameron, though. Yeah, she's usually all awkward because I guess she's obsessed with having a good bedside manner or something, but I wasn't FEELING her here, you know?

As for the 'twist,' (if that's what you'd like to to be called, I really don't know what to call it, twist is just closest) it was very House-ish. Something the producers would probably put in if it tickled their fancy. That's the great thing about House. You can basically do anything you like as long as it's something that the writers would maybe put in. Domestic violence Wilson isn't really something they'd do, but suicidal Wilson is. Good job there.
Robin from Neopets baybeh chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
K. So I'm sort of confused where all this came from. Usually, fanfiction has situations that you wouldn't really dream of but that would at least make a little bit of sense if you saw them on the show/in the book/whatever. But this, I can't really see this happening. The way the characters talk is pretty on par, but I really don't see how the situation would really 'make sense.' It doesn't have to make sense, I understand, but it should sort of be possible, huh? But maybe that's my Mentat showing.

But as for characters/character relationships/dialogue goes, on par. Pretty sweet job there.
KidsNurse chapter 11 . 7/1/2006
I so loved the "disturbingly cheesy montage," as usual, due to your skill I saw all of it again, along with House. You did well with Julie's characterization, very well with House's restraint in dealing with her.

The rubber dog bone has me feeling unutterably sad.. ..
DIY Sheep chapter 11 . 7/1/2006
I want a happy ending, but I am just sappy. Damn fine writing and I love the rat ball - are those things really real?
kjameson chapter 11 . 6/30/2006
it's good, i really like this. feel bad for wilson, though, losing his dog. house should get him a puppy, haha. that would be cute!
Double Dog chapter 11 . 6/30/2006
Excellent, excellent chapter. Sad and wrenching. I strongly encourage you to continue writing.
Rosi92 chapter 10 . 6/29/2006
Good story. Hope you continue it! XD
Optimistically Pessimistic chapter 10 . 6/28/2006
Well, I'm reading this. It's really good, I hope that wasn't the end. Was away on a trip, just got back, and I've read your whole story in a day. One reason that you may not be getting as many reviews is that you've posted so soon. (Don't get me wrong, I love how quick it is between updates) However, some people only go on every week or so, or are away for a while. Check your hits number for a more accurate account. Otherwise, really good story, rare concept, takes some thought to write about, so good job. Hope you continue.
March Hare chapter 10 . 6/28/2006
Oh, phooey. There goes my pipe dream for more chapters. Doesn't mean I can't hope for more stories!

I didn't think that Wilson was OOC; it think that you were v. faithful to the trauma and the way it presented. It didn't seem forced or overdone. Good on you for that.

As I said before, more stories from this marvelous pen, chop chop! I shall be watching your career with great interest!
March Hare chapter 9 . 6/28/2006
OH. Bless your delightful little heart for adding more chapters. I love where this is going, and I love your treatment of House. He's cold and callous and blunt, and for a moment you say to yourself, "God, what an ass, can't he just give a LITTLE bit?" But then House plays Paper Moon for Jimmy on the piano, and it's all clear, he does care and he's trying to help, but he's doing it the only way her knows how. Bravissima, m'colleague.

It's the little things that get me in this story. The piano, Wilson burning his tie in the ashtray, and just... Jimmy's reaction to all of this is so believeable and gut-wrenching, my tummy actually HURTS reading this. It's a thing of beauty, and I hope that it goes on for several more chapters.

Love for the boys, and love for you, and love for your craft. Please keep up the excellent work!

PS: Knowing that Chase likes pineapple on pizza makes me love him that much more.

PPS: "Elementary" is a longer and better read than "Cup & Saucer".
XxPyromaniacxX chapter 10 . 6/28/2006
yeah. i kn ow which story you're talking about. i really liked that one but it was never completed :( maybe one day... anyways great chapter update soon :)
KidsNurse chapter 10 . 6/28/2006
This chapter was...amazing. I could go on for pages and pages, because each and every line was...absolute perfection. I have to go now, because I must read it again. Right now. THANK YOU.
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »