Reviews for Cirque de Céline
JazzyIrish chapter 9 . 1/5/2008
Wow! Where do you come up with these ideas? This had it all: crazy Celine, demon!Rene, a Trickster, aerialists, contortionists, hearty Lithuanians, a zubir (and other assorted wildlife), oh, and the boys. And some "gumby-girl" action for Dean, Sammy stripped (ouch) and a lot of French I didn't understand (studied Latin and Spanish).

I love your detailed descriptions of the museum dioramas, the casino and concert hall, and the wild animal park - made me feel like I was there with them. And I adore your dialogue - my favorite line: “You stupid shitforbrains. Dimfuckwit, in what twisted fucking universe was this a good idea?” Priceless.

You have a special talent for interspersing humor in your stories, even when the situation is dire: "and the note went on and on and on" - don't tell me that wasn't intentional - I practically choked on my wine when I read it. Just all of the boys' banter as well - really adds a lot to the story.

You are a master storyteller. The way you take such unique ideas and intertwine them into well-outlined intricate plot amazes me. The background stuff too - who knew that long ago there were zubirs running amok in forested Lithuania or Gaul or wherever? ;)

Thanks for sharing this amazing story with us. I really enjoyed reading it. It drew me in immediately with Sam's wierdo dream and I was hooked. I'm still making my way up your homepage. Until next time...
Tari Roo chapter 9 . 11/2/2007
So i printed this and took it with me on holiday and as i read it under swaying palm trees, I was smiling. a lot.

not my favourite Big Pink story, i fear (still a toss up between dazzleland, red, old rebel yeller) but still very enjoyable. the mood was a little dark and rushed, i felt that a little more time developing the overall 'tension' was needed but this may well have been due to jet lag on my part (and too much sugar). however, i loved dean's illicit affair and sam's museum visits, and despite her oddness, celine. that was just classic!

i am glad to hear that you are considering a season 3 fic, i am quite intrigued to read your insights into the dean-deal and sam's death and its effects. alas, i am still season 3 less - damn tv channels and have managed to avoid too many spoilers on the net - probably for not much longer. and I am glad that my belated reviews bring a modicum of excitement... belatedly : )

Heck, who i am kidding, i am just glad that i get to read all of your fic at once, no waiting... i hate waiting.

Thanks - I am off to find more good fic... a harder prospect than i would like.

Ciao
sphynxcat chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
I enjoyed it thoroughly but do you know how hard it is to find a horse French to English dictionary? Gekizetsu translates all her latin in an author's note which is very nice.
Shannz chapter 9 . 7/23/2007
Where to start? LOL! Holy cow, girl! You take the cake for originality. Where do you come up with this stuff?

The first fic of yours I read was 'Red.' Totally hooked me to your style. When I saw the summary for this I almost didnt take a peek. What a mistake that would have been. From the moment the dancing started with the girl on the ceiling to Dean's heartbeat - you so had me :D

I think what I like most in your writing is that there is no vague-ness, no guessing. You lay out the premise so vividly and with such attention to detail that it's like i'm watching it all on a screen. And your characterization, especially of Dean, is abso-freakin-lutey amazing. This is so how I see him outside of the CW ratings. I mean come on, Dean is not an 'oh,crap' man, he's an 'oh, fuck!' man. The cussing so suits him, though its not over done at all. Dean's little sexaul forays were very fun to read and also seemed in character to me. Loved Sam's reaction when he'd learned Dean had gone off to get laid after the show and his observation of his brother when Dean returned.

I liked the whole thing with Bea and how she ended up not being in on it. Sam's protectiveness of Dean here was very well done too. This was a wild, wacky and fun read, lol. I mean the bit with Celine and Renee, as funky as it sounds, you make it totally believable within this context. You don't care for Celine, do you? The resolution to this tale was a mere bonus to all the other stuff. I ended up enjoying this so much more than I had expected to.

Absolutely crazy premise that you managed to competently pull off. Kudos to you girl! You deserve it. Your fics have far too few reviews. You deserve many more. Hope you have more crazy ideas in the works!

-shan
November'sGuest chapter 9 . 5/31/2007
How you manage to know so much stuff I'll never know. That is one very unique things about all of your stories, they are so knowledgeable. Liked the whole buffalo god thing and, how awesome was it that you turned up a trickster before the show?

I'm almost caught up...onward to Dazzleland! Too bad I've skipped around, lol.
Rebel Goddess chapter 9 . 1/16/2007
That last part tied things up nicely and was a lot of fun. Somehow I imagine Dean would avoid Avril for her songs though. Wonderful story. That was so fun. Now I shall have to be patient until your deadlines let you write more. Sigh.
Rebel Goddess chapter 8 . 1/16/2007
You have this excellent habit, which admittedly would be infuriating if I was reading this before it was completely posted, of ending on a cliffhanger high note. Luckily for Sam, no actual high notes were involved this time. Excellent chapter. This is so fun and yes, the Tricksters in American Gods would certainly slip one past the Winchesters. Fun.
Rebel Goddess chapter 2 . 1/16/2007
I adored it. Poor Dean, it's the kind of thing he would absolutely hate. Great chapter though.
Harrigan chapter 9 . 8/29/2006
This was just so awesome ... in so many many ways. It's as if you read my mind to see exactly what I wanted in a fic - and then did it 100 times better than I could have imagined it! May your days to come be filled with inspiration and the time and energy to act on it!
ndm chapter 9 . 8/28/2006
I very much enjoyed this - interesting idea and great execution.

Thank you - I'm glad you started posting on LJ, because I wouldn't have found you here at - but since your other SPN stories were archived, I've now read them all and loved them as well.

I have one concrit - in chapter 8, I think you meant precedent, (Sam thinking about Dean running into a burning building) not precedence.

And thank you for posting links to stories you like and reccing your beta's stories - I appreciate all the help I can get in finding good stories.

Wonderful job - and please, more, please?

Thanks again.
brighette chapter 9 . 8/27/2006
OK, I've been waiting patiently to read this since you started, waiting for the finished product. I know, authors hate it when I do that, but I really enjoy reading your stories all at one time. So my apologies, since reviews feed the beast...

As always, I loved this! You honestly have some of the most imaginative and unique ideas, and I can't wait for the next one you come up with. You set the scenes so well - and wow, you can write some erotica, too! Great brotherly moments, amazing capture of their personalities and unexpected comedic lines that leave me sputtering. Thanks for writing :)

And just have to say, this is probably my fave comedic line of the story - "This whole set-up was nuts, and that was his little brother bleeding and shaking in front of a demon, a hell mouth, a god, and a Grammy-award winning diva."

Only in your stories...merci!
Windyfontaine chapter 9 . 8/26/2006
Sniff. It's over. (cries big tears) Gotta tell you, this was the most intense story you've done yet that I've read. To borrow a phrase from a board that I read it was fan-freaking-tastic :) Sam is alive, Celine is back to her nutty self, her husband is no longer the demon-wonder if she'll sell as much now that she's not "backed by the forces of evil"-rofl!

And the brothers are good. And you even had some humor! Sigh. Don't know what else to add, I just feel-complete. Put through the wringer and now out the other side. I'm swamped with things to read and write, but I'm always on the lookout for a chapter from you, so if you post I'll be there :D Thanks for sharing this excellent fic-you even made La Celine palatable :P Have a great weekend, hope to read more from you soon :)
irismay42 chapter 9 . 8/25/2006
So to recap: Celine Dion opening a Hellmouth; Winchester angst off the Richter Scale; brotherly love demonstrated by copious amounts of swearing...aww; Buffalo god; Sam with shirt off; Sam with skin off... OK so all we needed was Dean with shirt off and I think you may have pulled off the perfect ending... But you did that anyway.

Fabulous discussion of Canadian divas (Sarah McLachlan? Too Earth Mother for Dean I guess...) and very telling that both the Winchester boys would go for the Buffy lookalike.

Fantastic story in every way. Can't believe I could ever enjoy something this much that included Celine Dion.

Here's waiting for the next one...
Naga chapter 9 . 8/25/2006
And a damned fine story it is too. Great job all around. Wished that I could see some of that 'break-up' scene with Bea though, kinda feel like one of those off-screen scene that you wish you could've seen.
EagleGirl6 chapter 9 . 8/25/2006
Great ending to another great story:)

I loved how you told the same scene from Dean's perspective, that really deepened the impact of what Sam was going to do, having it witnessed and understood by Dean. And the zubir "counted coup" on Sam - that's awesome! Sam stopped the demon from sucking the ancient god in to hell or wherever, then the god just brushed off Sammy's sacrifice... very cool scene.

I totally could see this happening before my eyes from your excellent description: "...and Sam could hear the worry and the love beneath the warm rush of obscenities."

I'm so glad you ended it with Sam secure in his skin and seemingly content, and Dean grieving for lost love or whatever. That was a nice scene. And excellent that they agreed on Avril!

Thanks for the great read,

Kelly