Reviews for Cirque de Céline
jmm0001 chapter 8 . 8/19/2006
"Sam wouldn’t put it past his brother to run into a burning building for him.

Let’s face it, there was precedence."

THAT, right there, is what I love so much about your writing, all the hurt, all the love wrapped up inextricably in so few words, and not a trace of sentimentality anywhere.

And the tearing strips off each other is supposed to be *metaphorical*, dear. Gah, that hurt.
Zelost-Mind chapter 8 . 8/19/2006
*biting my nails and bouncing in place, in anticipation of the next chapter*
Windyfontaine chapter 7 . 8/8/2006
One word. Awesome. Truly. It actually took me three days to finish reading the whole chapter, and I'm sad now that I'm at the end of it. When I started reading on Sunday, if you can believe in the strangest of coincidences, "Cirque du Soleil La Nouba" was playing in the morning on the Bravo channel, an artsy channel. Not that I normally watch Bravo :P, I was flipping through the channel guide and saw Cirque as I was scrolling down and stared and realized I simply had to watch.

They called it a fantasy/acrobatic performance, and it was definitely that. Complete with half-naked muscular men, (not that I was staring or anything) and the scary clowns and yes, even imitation flames! Thank God there was no Celine Dion or I would have freaked out completely. They did have a large lady singer, very haunting melody. This is twice now, Old Yeller came on when I was reading Old Rebel Yeller and now this with this fic. Do you have a conduit to the supernatural? I'm almost afraid to think what will happen with your next story!

Back to the fic-so Sam decided not to go to the tree after the party? And why would the trickster want to hurt Bea? Or was it the demon, upset that Sam didn't show up? That part with the buffalo was freaky, and I'm sorry your car still needs cleaning. Now I'll have to do the Six Flags animal safari, where you drive your car through fields of exotic animals. Guess whose story I'll be thinking of when I do? Lol.

Anyways, completely superb. You said nine chapters, so only two left to look forward to, but I'll be waiting anyway. Maybe I'll actually get to review on time :) Hope you have a wonderful day.
IheartPadalecki chapter 7 . 8/6/2006
I really don't like her. Beau that is. But I like the chapter. It's all so confusing and I haven't gotten enough sleep this past week...
Harrigan chapter 7 . 8/6/2006
I am *so* spellbound by this story! Excellent episodic character-driven, plot-intensive, snarky, action-adventure, heart-tugging, atmospheric, believable ... it's hitting all my hot buttons. And to top it all off, the writing style is flawless and the installments are lengthy and almost frequent! Thank you!
EagleGirl6 chapter 7 . 8/5/2006
Wow, thanks for the awesome lonng chapter. Excellent job getting the boys back together, and the story... I'm not even going to try to explain why it works so well for me, because I don't know. I just know it's great. Thanks, and looking forward to the next :)
irismay42 chapter 7 . 8/5/2006
Hooray, the boys are back in town! Nice to see Sam and Dean back on the same page - and at a Celine party? How the hell do you come up with this stuff?

Loved the scene with the buffalo, although this line: ...The let’s go kick some demon ass look, which was so eerily similar to Sam’s let’s go to the library look that Dean had always had trouble figuring out the difference... absolutely floored me!

In a battle between over-protective Dean and over-protective Sam, who would be the victor? Discuss... (My money's on the both of them!)

Another fabulous chapter...
EagleGirl6 chapter 4 . 8/4/2006
Bro's are playing cards, how cute! The whole bison and deep dark forest thing is very creepy-cool. And I can totally picture Dean and Bea at the table playing footsy and Sam never notices, but then he does later, doesn't he? I love the exchange between Bea and Sam, with him warning her, but she ends up giving him a warning. Love the mystery. Thanks for posting this!
EagleGirl6 chapter 3 . 8/4/2006
Another excellent chapter. I fear I will catch up to you then I'll have to wait for updates :( I'm spoiled to have chapters here waiting for me.

But, to share what I liked abou the chapter... I like how you put all the history in about the buffalo and Lithuania and all, really adds alot. And the French schoolgirls, who can blame them for stalking! Perfect characterization.

When are those boys gonna learn to be honest with each other? Big dummies, but very much in character, good job :) Did I mention last chapter that I liked the het scene? Hehe, this one was good too. Bea seems pretty strong, if whatever she heard spooked her, it must be bad. Can't wait to find out what the mystery is, and to hear more about Sam's vision/dreams. All very interesting.

On to the next chapter,

Kelly
EagleGirl6 chapter 2 . 8/3/2006
Wow, excellent chapter. I think my heart stopped along with Dean's during the circus... great writing! And the scene in the balcony, sorry I have to go take a cold shower now.
IheartPadalecki chapter 6 . 7/30/2006
Sorry for my delayed response, but I was uh out of town for a few days. I think I'm going to fall over and die now. But it was wonderful.
Anora chapter 6 . 7/29/2006
woot, dang cool. Can't wait for more X)
irismay42 chapter 6 . 7/27/2006
Naked Sam and Celine Dion in the same bedroom - wow, I've got to admire your audacity!

This story just keeps getting better - particularly Sam's introspection at the beginning, and the shocking revelation that he and Dean might actually be friends some day!
Windyfontaine chapter 6 . 7/27/2006
This was my favorite chapter so far :) Demons are afraid of Celine Dion-falls dead on floor, lmao. Too bad about the girl, for a second I thought Sam might be able to save her, and then realized that wouldn't fit in your story. The demon did it, of course, a warning? Need to get going, but very nice job, will look forward to the next chapter. Have a good day!
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
I've only gotten to the A/N, not even starting the story, and I'm already ROTFL!

And, BTW, still every time I see a squirrel scampering around, I think of Buttercup :)

Good start to this, anything with Celine is super-scary in my mind...
73 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »