Reviews for Cirque de Céline
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 7/27/2006
I've only gotten to the A/N, not even starting the story, and I'm already ROTFL!

And, BTW, still every time I see a squirrel scampering around, I think of Buttercup :)

Good start to this, anything with Celine is super-scary in my mind...
zorro x chapter 6 . 7/26/2006
How much did I love Dean keeping Sam's note? Very much. Very, very, much. And 'I think I barfed on Celine Dion!' Excellent. I'm wondering what's up with Etienne, too - very mysterious. Can't wait for more!
rozzy07 chapter 6 . 7/26/2006
Okay, okay, I know I am late in my reviews and goddamit I feel really like kicking my own shins but that is so 'painful' so let me just say that I have taken this story so onboard, and am now so totally hooked, that not even the warbling notes of La Celine can throw me off! It took me awhile to really lock-on to the whole injoke with Celine et le Cirque (cos in the UK we can be naturally dense at times) and once I twigged the whole setup (with a bit of back reading of chapters) it just fell into place, deliciously funny and scary all at the same time!

From the start with Dean having a very steamy, very inciteful encounter (cold shower territory for your readers I believe) to Sammy having to face the throng of pubescent Catholic girls, to the reliasation that there is a bonafide Demon running the whole show (whilst Celine sings her socks off in the background - or is she just pretending to be an innocent as I can well remember the torture she inflicted with her whole 'titanic theme song' thingymajig). So all I can say is that you have a far too fertile imagination to let the limitations of FF writing to keep you writing earth bound.

Now with Sammy literally having a whole world of hurt dumpned on his head, and with Dean anxious to go to the rescue, what more can you weave, twisting and literally upending the whole universe in a visually stunning and complex tale that once again has me marvelling at your skills as a writer.

So, sorry for once again a late review but by god you have me totally and utterly hooked, whether with tears of laughter or with a fist clenched around my heart with fear, so please, please, plese... more soon.. Please!

Roz
Windyfontaine chapter 5 . 7/23/2006
Ouch, yup this was an angst-fest. (little voice whines)But what's wrong with sunshine and lollipops? Lol. Seriously, you could cut them at least a little break. A microscopic one, maybe :) At least they talked a little. And Dean is seriously getting freaked by Sam's powers, or so it seems. At least he recognized that Sam wanted to protect him from something. I don't suppose Sam decides to actually tell Dean his dreams, maybe give him a heads-up about the danger? Nah, didn't think so :) Though it would be nice. Ah well, will look forward to the next update. Hope you're enjoying your vacation! Have a great week :)
Windyfontaine chapter 4 . 7/23/2006
I'm reading both chapters at once, but each deserves its own review, so of this chapter the part I liked the most was the bit with Dean in heaven over the poutine and Sam trying to find a slightly healthier piece :) Also, you know my feelings on het sex but this line was just inspired: "Running one hand over the Impala’s steering wheel in the same way he’d run fingers down Béa’s spine, feeling every bump, he tapped the wheel once as though he was saying hello and slid the car key in the ignition." And man, I'm repeating another review but I loved Sam's protectiveness over Dean, and boy was he scary towards Beatrice. Well, I'm off to read the next, nice job here :)
irismay42 chapter 5 . 7/21/2006
Sam getting even MORE over-protective! Like it! Etienne is becoming a true creepfest.

And I love the way Sam and Dean argue more with what they DON'T say than what they do...
zorro x chapter 5 . 7/21/2006
Oh, ouch. That conversation at the end was just a trainwreck - both of them kind of missing the others point. And oh, Sammy! Preparing to die for his brother, and asking if Dean wants to leave, and Dean freaking out, and, and - I really liked it. Please update soon! You have one brand new reader waiting!
irismay42 chapter 4 . 7/20/2006
You are certainly the Grand Mistress of putting the words 'Dean' and 'thigh' into the same sentence time and again...

Oh and overly-protective Sam! Wow, who knew the boy could be so darn sinister...?
Zelost-Mind chapter 5 . 7/20/2006
Oh...I'm addicted to this story, its just such a great mix of everything that a good story needs.
jmm0001 chapter 4 . 7/19/2006
Playing cards on a rainy afternoon. Poutine. Dean happy about Sam leaving garbage in the car. "...until he needed to see Sam worse than he needed to leave him alone."

They say the devil's in the details. But there's magic there too.

Magic.
Windyfontaine chapter 3 . 7/18/2006
Wow. Um, nope you haven't lost me :) (hangs head) Read most of it, got busy, forgot to review, then read the rest and tried to review and couldn't. I'm grabbing the chance now-better late than never! Truly sorry though. Anyway, kinda funny the whole Dean in the closet part, and Sam's visions are just getting freakier. And if I was a schoolgirl I'd totally be crushing on him, lol :) I did like it, and tend to take my time reading your chapters, re-reading some parts, and trying to catch some of the layers, knowing I'm probably missing some. Hope you're having a good holiday, and will be looking forward to the next chapter, which I hopefully won't be so tardy in reviewing (begs forgiveness). Have a great day :)
HealerAriel chapter 3 . 7/7/2006
Trusting Béatrice less and less, but it looks like there's something in the theater a helluva lot creepier than the spooky little contortionist could ever be. Like, Etienne, for example. *shudder*

And the schoolgirls... Oy. Poor, innocent, lusted-after-while-trying-to-think Sam.
Lemmypie chapter 3 . 7/6/2006
What can I say French girls harassing Sam, god I love it! And Dean getting lucky in Celine's wardrobe. WHEW! You rock!

You know how I feel I've said all there is to say about how wonderful and great you are. Oh wait I said it again. Don't you just love that.

ON TO CHAPTER 4!
Zelost-Mind chapter 3 . 7/6/2006
Ugh! Why cant Sam just tell Dean everything? so frustrating, but in a good way. This chapter had me thinking that Beatrice is actually 'goodie'-for some reason- dying to figure her out.

Oh, and that 'no elephants' comment, was not lost on me, Heh.
irismay42 chapter 3 . 7/6/2006
My head feels as smashed in as the buffalo and Sam's after that...

The language contrast between Sam's visions and what Dean is getting up to with Beatrice in Celine's closet is really nicely done, as is Sam's frustration with Dean who seems to be off having a good time while Sam's trying to figure out a way to avert his very untimtely death - most ungrateful of him!

And, again, you manage to entice your readers towards the museum...!
74 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »