Reviews for The Narcissus and the White Poplar
Madame Thome chapter 2 . 5/23/2011
Oh Happy Day! Miss Leuce must have savored many happy memories from the day she got Hades to give her his virginity. I mean picture this fine handsome young baby love who doesn't have a clue about what his body is reacting too. This boy's body is more then willing but the poor fellow doesn't have a clue about what to do until he is given an "eddicuation".

Hades is a quick learner of course and has no problem with savoring an appetite other then that of food. But he still likes his food as we can see from the lamb and pear snack while out on a battle mission.

I can only guess but either you, your loved ones or both must have been on active military duty for a time. You are so descriptive on the "domestic front-line arrangements" of a battlefield. The spying, black market activities, opportunistic behavior in the extreme, treat of prisoners, trust no one philosophy, etc...

One if by land two if by sea ahahaha and a hehehe. Looking forward to chapter three. Please update ASAP (within reason of course) love it, love it.

"Watch out for Luce"

"Though she may look frail"

"Say excuse me Luce, darling don't you use me, I don' want to end in jail" from a song by the guy who wrote "Mad, mad LeRoy

Brown.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
Kudos to you for taking a road very little traveled. The war between the gods and the Titians is very fertile and rather virgin ground.

Icky, icky is the stomach scence. Soo descriptive it almost made me toss my cookies as it was supposed to do. Cronos sure eats like a pig but is that not to be expected? After all the guy was an evil greedy pig. Well I mean he turned into one after he started eating his own children. Allways figured that he came across as a charming young man until he started doing this.

Living space is at a premium in this tummy and you know that they are siblings by the way that they squabble over it. Poo shoot escape attempt anyone? So funny how no one volunteers.

Rhea loves her children and takes care of them as best as she is able. Cronos was probably passed out dead dead drunk each night.

What a nice way to make a debut at a party. He he he this is great!

Oh Poseidon escaped along with Zues, This explains many classic Fruedian concepts for their behavior.

Love the big conference they all have about overthrowing the opressors. Doesn't matter who the beings are the debating is all basically the same as are the methods of coming to decisions.

So glad that there are strong nymph's like Leuce and Stynx. Often I have wondered if the origional "Stynx" was some primordial great lady who through oral tradition we honor to this day. Great work!
Sydney chapter 1 . 12/1/2006
I love Hades' voice! It certainly works, as he seems like the young god he is at this point.

The humorous details and impudent remarks are what really bring it to life.
Sera dy Relandrant chapter 2 . 11/19/2006
I liked both actually. Who did Hades love more: Persephone or Leuce? Or did he love both the same?
Humbert Humbert chapter 2 . 8/15/2006
Luece, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lue-ce: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap on the teeth. Lue. Ce.
Van Veen chapter 1 . 8/15/2006
do post more
Princess Twinkie chapter 2 . 7/7/2006
interesting, hm...I see the tree is actually a person
Princess Twinkie chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
The chair! The chair!
The Angry Classicist chapter 2 . 7/4/2006
I like your idea of Aphrodite, she really amuses me for some reason. Also the way you present Hades; as someone who actually wanted and likes the underworld and who has pretty normal emotions. I never really thought of him that way, I always assumed he'd been forced to have the underworld and that being underground would have twisted him in some way. (by the way can I join your community?)
Thiaf chapter 2 . 7/2/2006
It's interesting how you make Hades, and you do a pretty good job at it :)
daymarket chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
I'm going to definitely check out the sequel...this is wonderful :)
Thiaf chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
I really like your bits of humor in this. I never knew Hades could be a comedian.