Reviews for Souji in Shimabara
BlackKiss'Valentine chapter 2 . 5/26/2010
Nice stories without sex scene cause I didn't really like the Shounen-ai between the Shinsengumi members, so these stories give a better sense of a kinship in the Shinsengumi, though there are Souji's girly scenes .
facethisnight chapter 2 . 12/26/2007
I really liked this fanfic! I'm kind of relieved that Souji and Hijikata didn't do anything in those angry moments.

Haha, I think I went through the rainbow of emotions with Souji in here. I was nervous when Sano and Shinpachi asked him to go with him and when Souji and the girl were alone, relieved when they came up with the idea of Souji cross-dressing, frightened when Hijikata was acting the way he was and happy when they made up. Lol... XD

But great story!
LovelyChanru chapter 2 . 11/23/2007
good story keep on making more stories ok i get so frecking scred when the have the pink bow
wetheril chapter 2 . 9/15/2007
What an enjoyable read, and incredibly well-written and funny. XD
iLoveOkita chapter 1 . 12/29/2006
Well, that was really nice. I hope there's more but still, it had a nice ending.
Midnight of Shadows chapter 2 . 8/1/2006
This story is amazing! I'm very surprised you don't have more reviews for it.
rustygirl chapter 2 . 7/26/2006
This was a great story! Just like a PMK episode, with humour, drama, angst, suspense...the whole deal. You write so well! I couldn't stop laughing at the thought of Souji all dressed up as a courtesan, and then finding out which party he was going to. Ha ha! I knew that Hijikata would recognise him somehow. I simply loved Kondou in this! Heh he, I'll bet he knew 'everything'! And good on ya for not writing the sex scene! I think you can get the point across without becoming all graphic, is my opinion. "when little Souji kills the creepy thing" ha ha! I agree! _
souji-kun chapter 2 . 7/13/2006
It worked quite well actually, well done.
anaemicfaeries chapter 2 . 7/1/2006
Ha ha! How about your wife? Good one, Hijikata!

Part one was so hilarious, the way you set the scene, Hijikata and Kondou's banter, Okita trying to fit in, Hijikata's rather rude comments, Okita not knowing what a twink means...gah ha ha! That was too funny.

But uh oh, things turned pretty sour after that. Hijikata chose the wrong time to lose his temper over Okita's mannerisms! Very mean of him, but we'll forgive him because he was drunk. But only barely..._

Thank god for the happy ending! That was a really cute conversation between Kondou and Okita. And haha, great characterisation of Kondou!

Can't wait to read more from you. :)
Divertimento chapter 2 . 6/30/2006
*Whistles*

Wow. I didn't see that coming at all. Oh well. I did, but it still hit me pretty hard (no pun intended). I agree with you on the part with 'sex is terribly important to him. '

Review! I know you got a review saying that Hijikata-san was quite OOC. And you know what? I am afraid I have to agree on that. In fact his speech had me cringing at some instances:

“Hell yeah,” Toshi said loudly. “Now that’s a memory I’ll drink to. What a bitch!”

Un. I can't imagine him behaving like that in front of the Aizu.

However! The PMK Kondou and the overall fun stuff more than tipped the balance. So, it's cool, overall.

Please write more!
charmed-sword chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
“Hmf! Souji’s just a twink,” Hijikata snorted.

Bwa ha ha! I totally lost it at that point. That was hell funny! Kondou is just so lovable, lol. And then Hijikata all bored, while the girls practically smother him...I just had this feeling that Hijikata had figured it out..but then, good twist at the end, with Kondou having known! Heh, that makes their first conversation even funnier, though it was rude of Hijikata to call him and his sister names. *sniggers*

And Hijikata's a mean drunk! But I really enjoyed this story. Cute ending!
charmed-sword chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Sunbune, you've done it again! Another delightfully funny story from you. Souji in Shimabara...haven't we all wondered? That was a splendid beginning, with Souji cleverly making Hijikata go along with Kondou. Ha ha! Kondou's lucky to have Souji. And then the Jokers minus one wondering who to take with them..and then Souji sitting in between them in a cobalt haori! *fangirl swoon* I would love to see that drawn and coloured. (Obvious hint here. _) Oh god, Souji's so damn cute. The way the girls were fawning over him...and then of course his little conversation with Kiku. Lol! Hehehehe I love how she was giving him pointers. And then-bwahahaha! Poor Souji! I'd be going through cardiac arrest myself. Can't wait to see what he'll do!
Bysexual chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
I enjoyed reading this up until Hijikata's little temper tantrum and rant. You say that you wrote this when you were disgusted with Souji for as you put it "looking/acting so gay and girly" but I think you put a little bit too much of your own feelings into Hijikata. It just seems a little Ooc for him to go off on Souji like that when in the anime (I haven't read the manga so I may be wrong) he seems to be protective of him. Sure I can just tell myself that it's because he's drunk, but it just seems too far-fetched for me. Also, the fact that Souji just sits there and takes it. Despite how he acts he is no pushover.

Sorry if this seems like a flame because it is not. I still enjoyed the story even though it seemed mildly Ooc to me.
Urnoseknows chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
So there was something on the NHK channel about Shinsengumi? XD

/looks for it.

yep yep, smooth flow and accurate.

Now please update your Vampire D story D. I been waiting for the conclusion!
Umeko chapter 2 . 6/29/2006
Knew Souji was gonna be found out. By both Kondou and Hijikata too. Even if Kondou didn't say it directly, I think he caught on earlier. Poor Hijikata seems to be having trouble with women. One thing I have admit Kondou did have romantic affairs with several women in Kyoto. In PMK, Nagakura made a passing remark on Kondou's mistresses. But Hijikata was nasty about Okita and his sister. Ouch! Makes you wonder if he did that on purpose because he knew Souji was there.