Reviews for Two Households
TheSeaAndTheSky chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
I love this! I love how you write them! It's fantastic!
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
All these years and I've never read this? I can't believe it. Well I'm glad I corrected that today. This was great. I do hope Remy has other things to do beside follow Rogue, but the conversation was good, with plenty of hope for the future. Thanks for writing this :-)
A Forgotten Fairy. .AKA- Fairy chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
aw! that was really cute, ya know, i never really thought about the Remy and Rogue thing being compared to Romeo and Juliet, hadnt even crossed my mind 'til i was listening to Love Story by Taylor Swift the other day. huh, guess it does work... poor Remy though, but he has Rogue, :)

scribblemyname chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Crying kind of good. I read this ages ago and once before that. It's still just as amazing, as poetic, as eat your heart out wonderful. :sniffs: Love it.
Sareh chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
*Squee* This is brilliant. This is definitely different from other, rather cliched, Romeo & Juliet Romy fics.

What struck me as making this fic realistic were the awkward silences. (Like the part after Remy tipped up Rogue's head.)

One of my favourite parts was this:

~"Two households, both alike in dignity..." His voice was impassive, but it was his face that betrayed him. A rare slip.~

Oh and I love how Remy picked up on Rogue's discomfort at his mentioning the 'English major' girl. So sweet. *g*

Overall, I suppose this is very different to other fics in that it's not only Rogue who has the issues with real intimacy. Remy's fought hard during the first battle between 'two households' and those memories can't be easily forgotten.

By the way, I love the ending. It's much more realistic than an outright 'yes' and much more satisfying for it. :)
ocean's pebble chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
That's so sweet!
Crazed Fuzzle chapter 1 . 2/29/2008
Your prose is beautiful, and the story artfully done. I mean, calling Remy "liquid personified?" It's pretty much the perfect description of him.

I like the interaction between our two star-crossed lovers-how they're awkward but the connection between them is clear. I love the link between Remy's relationship with Bella and Romeo and Juliet, because it's so definitely true. You hit the nail on the head with Remy's answer to her question, though: the ambiguousness is quintessential Gambit. Also, I thought Rogue's opinion of Romeo and Juliet was dead-on for her Evo character, and yeah, I can see her loving Hamlet too.

In short, keep up the good work!
Sirikit chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
(I am going to shut up soon, I swear. Sorry for the barrage of reviews!)

Another thing I like about your Rogue and Gambit characterizations: you make them sound like real people. They sound intelligent, thoughtful - and still Southern, with none of that unnecessary 'accented speech' and fake French. I feel that was the great success of Evo, to finally straighten out a reasonable speech pattern for Gambit, and I love seeing that sort of thing in fic.

Plus, great lines. "In Bayville, where we lay our scene." Classic!
saucydeviant chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
"He would saunter, glide, grace you with his presence. Never anything so common as walking." Remy is indeed very like that isn't he. He's like a freakin' rock god or something. So infuriatingly awesome. So freakin' obnoxious.
FanFictionFanatic chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
Really nice. A most intriguing piece of literature (I call it lit. 'cause I appreciate it).

You haven't overruled afore-mentioned statenents like most authors do, an' that's a relief 'cause it shows you re-read your fics before posting.
rocaw chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
I agree with Rogue, I'm more of a Hamlet girl myself, but you can't help but love Romeo and Juliet when it's presented in the context of Rogue and Remy. This was beautiful!
Dawns Heart chapter 1 . 11/8/2006
Very different, and a wonderful story. And I don't even like Romeo and Juliet! ;)
GothikStrawberry chapter 1 . 8/2/2006
I was just randomly reading profiles and stumbled about this - until know - unkown master piece of yours.

Wonderfully done! It's funny, sad and has just the right amount of sweetness. :) And when Rogue remembered Bella ... god, I got that empty feeling down at the pit of my stomache ... though I like this version of her as opposed to the totally insane/incestious/bitch version some authors write (not that it's not entertaining but for me it always raises the question as to why Remy would love her in the first place).

AWESOME one-shot! I loved it. :)
KariHermione chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
poor remy...
Lady Farevay chapter 1 . 7/10/2006
Heehee, that was great. I liked the idea and you can never have anything too cliched. You wrote it well. Of course, the ending was terrific, could imagine it all.

Well done m'luv,