Reviews for Vanilla
Aiselne Phoenix Nocturnus chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
Poetic little irony that Albedo (of all people) must assist Sakura. What I liked about this story is that it tackles typical Albedo issues regarding his jealousy of Sakura. Yet, it also mixes such issues with less-targeted plots, like Sakura's condition in the REAL world (as opposed to her subconscious domain). It was great for Albedo to see the "real" Sakura. Having him see the extent of her illness helped him better appreciate the girl. Since we don't normally see Albedo on good terms with Sakura this story's a rare formula I wish more fanfics followed.
Fluffy Fairy Penguin chapter 1 . 12/7/2008
This was very well done! I don't normally enjoy a lot of the fanfics that people write, but this was actually intriguing! I loved how you worded things, how you captured people's personalities so well, and I so much more.

I loved this, and it made my day reading it. Keep up the good work! :)
Andre Corbin chapter 1 . 3/31/2008
Very well carried out, beautifully written. And... not that I've looked for them, but it's the first Albedo fic I've seen where he isn't like bugfck nuts and trying to kill people. Nice for a change.

Andre
geistXreflection667 chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
Wow this is sad...but I like it! update it plz! _
cennex chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
I swear I saw some artwork of this fic somewhere on DeviantArt... Ah well, anyways, that is one dysfunctional, yet awesome pairing you've got there. ...Then again, when are Xenosaga pairings NOT dysfunctional? :D I guess Albedo can have his unresponsive, bittersweet Sakura. Good job.
Mizu no Kokoro chapter 1 . 12/14/2006
aw, this was such an interesting story. i like how you showed that albedo was abit jealous of sakur in the beginning. good job!
Illusion Sky chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
nice AlbedoxSakura!
Rihsa chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Dang. XoX This was a good fiction for them two. *Thumbs up*
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 1 . 7/19/2006
Sorry, if this review comes a bit too late, but it's better late than never, right? ;) Anyway, let me tell you this: when I usually read fics (or books, or whatever), I try to be fast and efficient. When I find a particularly good fic, however, I read as slowly as possible, savoring every paragraph, and I dread the moment it's gonna end. It doesn't happen very often, but it happened with your story, which was way too short. :) I loved the whole thing (I'm not even an Albedo fangirl, heh) and I was disappointed when I reached the end. :)

The idea was clever and original, your writing style great, as usual. I loved the boy's ambiguous feelings, his hatred for Sakura and the need for comfort; you showed it very well. I also liked the description of the 'real-world' Sakura; she acted exactly as I've always imagined she would. And I totally enjoyed the moment when Albedo dared to cross his father, as well as Dimitri's smug, meaningful reply, not to mention the possible consequences of his words for Albedo. :) (I bet he'd think about becoming 'godly', then.)

On a random note, you misspelled 'Citrene's' name; it should be 'Citrine'. I noticed a few missing commas, . here: 'Hey where are the nannies?' (put a comma after 'hey'), but that's just a completely minor thing in a good story like this.

Last but not least, why do people automatically assume a story contains a /pairing/ as long as it has two characters of opposite (or even the same) sex? The genre's not even set as 'romance', so what's with such a one-sided approach? :( Does /everything/ these days have to involve love to be interesting or readable? Give me a break... This fic doesn't say a word about love, or friendship, either...

...But I digress. Great job, thanks for sharing. :)
Shizuka Usagi chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
This is nicely written and the pairing is unique
Ephemeral Dream chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Blargh! Don't like Sakura! But even so, I liked this fanfic, which surely says something. ANyways, good job, keep writing.
Luna-Starr chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
I liked it! Descriptive and true to Albedo's character. Nice work.
Noirblanc chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Excellent. I love how you managed to tap into Albedo's insecurities with this. IN how he "hate's" Sakura, yet at the same time doesn't. And the exposition of how Sakura actully is in reality...its all just wonderful. The contrest between her and how Sakura is in her Subciousness...and how Albedo was able to open up to her because of it, is...wow.

Albedo x Sakura is an intresting pairing. You can tap into a lot of differentl levels with it. I found this a very enjoyable read.
Tainted-Dreamz chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Aw...I never really thought of this pairing before, but I decided to give this fic a try since you're an awesome fanfic writer, and plus, I always love to read different pairings! Sakura in reality and Albedo were characterized so perfectly! I loved how you showed how Albedo hated her, yet afterwards found he couldn't, and especially how you included how he thought Rubedo would leave him forever, and how he thought Sakura would leave him forever, too. Really touching and sweet, yet realistic to their personalities! I hope this isn't a one-shot, and that there will be more chapters, but if it is, then it's a truly beautiful piece of writing anyway. _
Rubedo's Dragon chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
This was such a touching story. I really liked it. With Albedo's outburst, I almost felt my own eyes well up with tears. You're a fanfiction goddess. Thank you again.