Reviews for Battle of the Bands
arashikishu000 chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
Lmao, this fic is hillarious, and soo sweet!

I loved the part with Armstrong and his "secret keeping technique that was passed down for generations in the Armstrong family". You managed to make a comedy AND keep the characters IN CHARACTER(le gasp!), and that is very hard to do, my dear. This fic made me laugh out loud, and that is VERY VERY rare of me. Heck I like this fic so much (and possibly ALL your fics. You're a genious XD), I'm favoring you as my favorite author(the first one!), weather you like it or not :3 Kudos my friend, this fic is BRILLIANT.
gladiola chapter 1 . 8/21/2009
Apart from that last bit, where they shamelessly made out in front of everyone as if to go "INCEST! YAY!" it was pretty much perfect.

Armstrong FTW!
Naramyon chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Ha! It's only now that I understand the meaning behind the title. Clever.

Okay, I really enjoyed this. The shock, the obsessive idiots at work, and then the surprise ending. I like how you had Ed behave more maturely, like he was in TCoS.

It. Was. Perfect.

The only thing that COULD be a problem is that you never specified an age, and you kept calling Ed a teenager. So in between Ed's 16-year-old clothing and how everyone thought of him as a teenager, it felt as though you were writing about a 16-year-old Edward sleeping with his brother, which is disturbing (The 16/15 part, not the Ed/Al part).

But besides for that minor detail (which confused me and diluted the reading experiance) I loved this story.

Arigato!

~Zoa Naramyon
AluminumMuse chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
Bwahaha. I just know Roy ships Ed/Al. Very well written, cute and funny in perfect harmony.
Eevee chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
To be honest, this isn't the most original storyline around, but the writing still makes it shine. Particularly the characterization and dialogue (oh, Armstrong...), which are both spot on. I'll have to admit that Roy probably is my favorite here, in all his quasi-fatherly glory *g*

The only thing that didn't sit quite right with me was the ending - I think it might have worked better with a more subtle revelation. While the kiss gets the job done, the reaction of the public isn't very convincing, heartwarming as it would have been. But that is a minor nitpick to an overall very enjoyable story, and it did not pull the enjoyment factor down by very much.
llivla chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
In one week I've read all the FMA manga chapters, and the first eight subbed episodes...

AND I NEEDED THIS SO BAD!

Oh dear, you have Ed down with a NAIL; I loved him and Roy/Armstrong/Riza arguing, and then with Al's entrance! I could see everything so clearly in my mind's eye like manga panels flashing through.

I'm favoriting this forever.
timme chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
oh, i loved the last bit about Roy. :)
florgeslorgel chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Aw, that was so sweet. I loved it, I really did. The characterization was spot on, and it was just so adorable. Fantastic job.
RocketPAPrika chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
Lol papa!Roy is awesome, as is your story! xD
Eternity's Heir chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
It's so sweet! OMG! That was wonderful! Great job and excellent writing!

JA!

~EH~
MilesTailsPrower-007 chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Hello, hello! It is I, from the DeviantWebs. It seems I've read something of yours before (and faved it actually...). It was the think with Al being a ghost and stuff. Ayup. It may be slahs, but snappy writing is still snappy writing, I'm afraid.

Anyway, on to this one! I thought the whole thing with everyone guessing was really cute. I loved the part with Armstrong. Gold, I tell you. Not keen on Elricest, but I was very entertained by the whole story otherwise. XD
Pineapple Chiffon Cake chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
ohohohohoho~!

even though I knew how it would probably end, it was still an enjoyable fic I do adore my elricest~!

I absolutely love how Hawkeye demanded that Ed reveal his spouse at gunpoint. so funny.

lovelovelove! it was beautiful.
SmilelyFaceMel chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
OMG, I loved this story so much! Papa!Roy is the ultimate Elricest shipper! _ This was so cute! I literally squeed when Ed and Al kissed. It was so funny. I hope to see more Papa!Roy Elricest from you!

Also, you said you've read the doujinshi "Love Brace." You wouldn't happen to still have said doujinshi, would you? I used to have it (I agree, it's very cute; a personal favorite of mine), but then my computer crashed and I lost half of my FMA doujinshi - including that one. Is it possible you could upload it for me, if you have it? I'd be eternally grateful.
Rally Collins chapter 1 . 6/20/2007
Whadda way to shut 'em up! Adda boy, Ed! Still, like to see how Roy's gonna get them to show up to that reception.

Loved it!
Queen Vampiress chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
I love Roy in this fic! :P The ultimate elricest shipper indeed. I really like how you made thie rings Al's armor. I was swooning. Awesome story, fave!
72 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »