Reviews for Dark Legacy
holydemon00 chapter 13 . 10/15/2012
Ah, I think this box theory has been introduced by Freud decades ago. And well, he theorised that there's not one, but 3 little men fighting for control. Their interactions aren't exactly black and white, but madness (which doesn't necessarily translate to evil, btw) is created when one of them loses the fight. Evidently, Ron stunted his own growth and potential by suppressing Zorpox (litterally his id). In a twisted way, Ron has to listen to Zorpox, but not giving control, to lead a healthy life.

Just a silly random thought.
holydemon00 chapter 2 . 10/15/2012
I knew it! Ron is the good guy Joker, at least your version of Ron that is. He's hilariously frustrating.
Subject87 chapter 13 . 9/2/2012
Awesome story, very well written,
Goldenstargirl chapter 13 . 12/1/2011
One of THE BEST Kim Possible stories I've ever read. Thank you for writing such a dramatic, suspenceful, angsty, horrific, romantic, humourous, epic, engaging, and regaling story.
Rye-bread chapter 4 . 2/11/2011
Masterfully played. This has to be Kim’s…or Betty’s…worst nightmare. Someone with all of Ron’s innate gifts…and able to utilize his entire intellectual capacity for both formulating technology and analyzing and intimidating people, and is utterly immoral. I would be fascinated to learn how you got into his head. Different writers, like actors, have different tricks for getting into character. I read that Hemingway wrote best while drunk. C.S. Lewis expressed utter antipathy for his Screwtape character. Most frightening is Ron’s desire for Kim. You were quite right to say this story was a sort of prelude to Taming A Slave. And there’s the matter of the vendetta between him and Will.
Rye-bread chapter 3 . 2/11/2011
I’m a devout lover of epics on a Homeric scale; great panoramas of conflict; Lord Of The Rings sort of thing. Or else conflict on a Shakespearean level, by which I mean conflict on a more limited geographic extent but a vast moral scale, like the fall of Macbeth, or the seemingly wicked invincibility of Richard III, how all opposition seems to crumble before his machinations, until his own towering pride brings him down. I guess Richard and Sauron are two of a kind in that regard.

I therefore find it almost irresistible to draw parallels between this and the dilemma of the One Ring in LOTR. Will Du wants to be like Patton-like and gung-ho. Kim and Betty are more for restraint. Will then appears as Denethor or Boromir, thinking they can master the Genie once you let it out of the bottle. My comparison breaks down, though, in this: Will is not seeking to use the Attitudinator or any of Zorpox’s evil technology for himself (unlike Drakken). He is, however, willing to use any means necessary to stem the treat.

I would rework my analogy in this way: the threat is already set in motion. It isn’t a matter of putting

Zorpox in a box…or not using the Ring. The item in question must be put into play; but the caveat is, it’s to neutralize the threat. Ron becomes sort of a personification of Frodo the Ringbearer. He takes upon himself the awful burden of using the cursed Gift to undo what has been done. He needs his

Consort just as surely as Frodo needed his Companions.

The comparison still isn’t exact. Frodo sought to destroy the Ring, and Ron & Co. just want to undo the Wave. But the risk of the latent evil overpowering them all is the same in both circumstances.
Rye-bread chapter 2 . 2/11/2011
You’re not just one more fan-writer. You’re somewhat versed in psychology and behavior; and maybe even in philosophy. Watching Ron disassemble an expert in psychoanalysis actually comes off as plausible. This could have profound moral and religious implications. Ron might be complete Innocent…a Noble Fool after the manner of Parsifal or Don Quixote. His Inner Child is unspoilt…oops…I spoke too soon. The dark side is indeed hiding inside. The Fallen Nature. I think Judaism calls it the Yetzer Hara. The inclination to evil. I once heard a saying; if you call for the Devil, he will come.
Shrike176 chapter 13 . 12/31/2008
Can't believe I forgot to leave a review for this one. Rereading it, I was reminded how funny the beginning was; Ron screwing with his therapists was really funny. Really enjoyed the interplay between Zorpox and Kim, reminds me that Zorpox isn't dangerous to Kim just because he's a lot better than her usual villains, he's dangerous because he knows her better than anyone. Really enjoyed the way he took down nearly all their villains in record time and used them to indulge his warped fantasy life.

I imagine Team Possible's next encounter with Will Du is going to be somewhat difficult. Even though Kim seems to have forgiven Du after seeing him snapped like a twig, I'm guessing she still harbors some resentment for his role in all this. I'd also say Ron is pretty upset with Will for what he did. That's not even taking into account Dr. Director's response to an operation Du insisted on resulting in her base being compromised, her agents assaulted and the greatest villain on record getting a second chance to conquer the world. Since your story Hero's Legacy is about to involve Gemini, it might be a good chance to involve GJ and let Team Possible have a "talk" with Du.

Just a thought, hope that made sense. If not, chalk it up to the cold medicine and lack of sleep. Happy New Year!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/12/2008
Did you get inspiration from Angel the series

the last of chapter 3 and most of chapter 4 seem to be a lot like the angel episodes Awakening and souless
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 13 . 6/22/2008
Ah, now THIS is how Zorpox should have come back; not a few moments which technically weren’t even official- he never even called himself ‘Zorpox’, much less turned blue- when hit by the Attitudinator in “Stop Team Go”, but as the result of a long-term plan he concocted to trick his own opponents into letting him out.

His plans may not have been significantly large-scale in terms of their end goals- he made an entire plasma cannon just to get back at his cousin and tried to trigger serious storms to get access to the world’s supply of nacos; it’s hardly thinking big, is it?-, but you really have to admire the efficiency with which he went after them, so it’s always good to see him again.

And as for HOW he got back…

PRETENDING that he’d created a superweapon just to trick Global Justice into letting him out of his ‘cell’ in Ron’s mind?

Somehow, it manages to be simultaneously as brilliant as anything and as ridiculous as Drakken’s idea of unleashing a ‘trap-trap’ to take out Kim and Ron in “Dimension Twist”; in other words, classic “KP” stuff for her more ‘big-league’ villains.

Plus, of course, you used Zorpox’s potentially greatest weapon to its fullest extent; his own in-depth knowledge of Ron’s fears and insecurities- such as his decision to dress as the Fearless Ferret because he wanted to be independent rather than always being the sidekick, turned against Kim to weaken her resolve and question her own actions and decisions when it comes to her relationship with Ron.

However, even with that particularly exceptional concept, my favourite part of this story was simple; the Ron/Zorpox match-up in Chapter Eleven.

It may have only been a mental confrontation, but it still perfectly reflected the idea of the two of them being so fundamentally alike and yet simultaneously different; Zorpox thinks Ron’s the weak one because he lets himself worry about such issues as being abandoned and/or forgotten by Kim, but Ron’s nevertheless able to feel better about himself by remembering that it’s what he DOES that matters rather than who remembers it, as well as the fact that Kim hasn’t left him yet no matter how many reasons she’s had for doing so (Although you also earn points by having Kim make Ron actually TALK about what Zorpox was ranting about once the crisis was over; it’s sometimes too easy to forget that just because the guy’s evil doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be telling at least some of the truth about the situation).

All in all, just one detail I’m a bit confused by; when Zorpox used the Attitudinator on Kim to make her Sheela, did it EVER have any effect on her and that device from HenchCo just caused her to ‘reset’ after a certain amount of time, or did it just not effect her in the first place and she was just waiting for the right moment?

That (Admittedly minor) confusion aside, excellent bit of work; keep it up!
Zirra Nova chapter 13 . 6/10/2008
As to your response to my last review. X3 Dun worry..I don't just like the dark stories..

Though...choosing to review this one probably doesn't help that claim any. X3 Oh well...This one isn't that dark. w

First...I love the epilogue! It's very...thought inducing. It's also one of the concepts I believe is true.

Second...Kim's blackmail was epic win! Seriously loved that part. And before it, with the acting...gotta wonder where that came from. *cheers Kim on* X3

The scene in Ron's mind was interesting. It's nice to imagine Ron whooping Zorpox's butt..

All in all, I really enjoyed this...but my favorite part would have to be Kim Blackmailing Shego, Monkey Fist, and Dr. D. *loves it* I love imagining their faces as Kim details it to them that not only would she, but with her connections, she could absolutely spread those lovely pics...everywhere!
Raptor84 chapter 13 . 6/6/2008
Wow! This was quite a thriller! Once I started, just had to finish.

Quite a plan Zorpox came up with, and it worked! And not even GJ, at their, best could keep him from escaping.

If you ask me, Will Du got off easy. He should have lost his job, or at least gotten suspended for awhile for the trouble he caused.

I can't help but feel sorry for Shego, Drakken and Monkey Fist. Zorpox dragged them into this, and in the end, Kim blackmails them into doing her job for three months. Of course, considering what Kim's been through in the past twenty-four hours, I can't really blame her; come to think of it they did get off easy. Well, on the bright side, Shego has had previous experience in the hero business, so this shouldn't be too hard for her. ;)

Talk about emotional ending (Ch 12). To think, if Ron had told Kim about this sooner, all of this could've been avoided.

Awesome story, John!
HecatonchiresLM chapter 13 . 5/29/2008
This would have been a great, slightly adult, episode. Good job.
Mengsk chapter 12 . 4/17/2008
What a demanding girlfriend. How does he put up with her?
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 8 . 4/15/2008
Emotional torture is one of the worst.

Enjoying the story, but the more chapters I read, I feel the rating may be closer to a T rather than a K. Especially some of the Zorpox's dialog about studying with KIm and the effect on Will Du.

Otherwise a great one.