Reviews for Paws
Alexa Hiwatari chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
is there no more?I wanna read more it is nice! and fluffy and certanly I love Javert as a dog! he is cute!
completelyens chapter 1 . 12/11/2012
Very appropriate. Javert WOULD be a dog. Dunno if he would be a large or a medium-sized one, though...
Top Hats and Other Items chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was laughing so hard at the end! I nearly spat whatever I was drinking when I found out that Javert was a dog! And that Valjean thought he was a girl! HAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

BRILLIANT! BLOODY BRILLIANT! :D::D
Yukaido chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
. . .oh my God, that is HILARIOUS! Sick, but brilliant! I love it! I had to refrain from falling out of my chair laughing, so my mom wouldn't think me insane. Great job, and now I'm off to read the sequel! :D
Bramblefox chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
*dies* That is amusing beyond reason. I love doggy!Javert like you wouldn't believe. *grins*
AndersWasRight chapter 1 . 6/15/2008

If I were Javert, I'd jump to Valjean's throat for this. :D
LesMiserablesEponine chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
um. Wow!
anishaJameen chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
my friend showed me this fanfiction een though i dont know much about les miserables

you might know her as garoches girl

anyhow this is a very ironic story

and she is right, you should become a professional writer, i wish i could write like that
Kitty Otaku chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Hehe

I loved those parts! Inner conflict! Lol. Really good. I hope you write another story after My Four Legged Friend
Mlle. Eponine chapter 1 . 9/15/2006
Haha, luved this! Light and fun, Javert's inner dialogue was great. Wish we had more fics like this one.

Still trying to picture Phillip Quast in nothing but a dog collar...
nienors chapter 1 . 8/24/2006
No! Not my nightstick! Not my bloody baton of authority! You damn stupid fuzzball, you don’t give nightsticks to convicts!

absolutely perfect. the funniest thing i've read in months.
AmZ chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
Re-read the thing. Adorable. I love it how no one is really surprised by Javert's transformations. It's more along the lines of seeing someone naked for the first time and going, "Wow, you're a natural *blonde*? Good job dyeing yourself into a brunette all those years..."

Javert's doggy thoughts are precious. This needs a second chapter like whoa. I bet Javert would love to be adopted. In dog form or not. ;)
Mithril2014 chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
What an amazing and delightful story this is! Humorous and warm, playful and outrageous, full of surprises, it manages to both amuse...and convey deeper meaning.

Mm...an angry Javert...stomping, muttering, slamming doors, cursing. I like to see him show some emotion...and he is full of strong emotions this night, directed primarily toward himself...and his old adversary. Tonight, he closed his eyes to justice...and let a man he will always perceive as a criminal...go free. Oh...how that rankles him! I loved the visual of him rather violently undressing and tossing his clothes aside...and the plucking out of the hair ribbon ::purrs::. Standing there, naked and fierce...I could "see" him shake his head to loosen hair that has been bound back too long...and the image that sprang to mind...was "like a dog"! I kid you not...whether you intended to foreshadow there or not, the seed for the rest of the story was planted there for me! I was, though, still sorting out why Javert was concerned about awakening entangled in his clothes.

On top of all the other feelings Javert is experiencing...he's hungry! And it is that basic need that at last drives him from his bed, and out of the sanctuary of his room. I began to realize what was about to happen as Javert fastened the dog collar around his neck...although I was quite distracted by the image of the buff Inspector wearing leather!::purrs:: What a marvelous transformation! If Javert could shape sift into any animal, it would have to be a dog! They share common traits of loyalty, protectiveness, fierceness, determination and an acute sense of awareness. It actually makes sense to me for the Inspector to have the ability to turn into a dog...a police dog, no less! And of course, he needs his badge and his nightstick, even while he pads through the streets as a canine. Wonderful how he enters so readily into this doggy personality. He forbids himself the pleasure of tearing through the garbage lining the streets, but allows himself the freedom of marking his territory, as only a male dog can! ::woof::

He's on his way to a colleague's house for a bite to eat...and I loved his thoughts toward Valerie! What a perfect way for Javert to receive some loving, rolling belly up on the floor while a pretty girl caresses him and coos lovely words to him! ::grins::

However, this night his trip is delayed unexpectedly. He finds a forlorn pup, wounded and abandoned, crouching fearfully as the larger dog approaches. There in that dark alleyway, Javert shows tenderness. I was deeply touched by that. He is a stern human, but not without compassion perhaps. And as a police dog, his desire to protect kicks in. He nuzzles and comforts this puppy, who, interestingly, doesn't smell quite doggy enough. And comes up with a plan. He'll rescue the little fellow, and take him along to dinner. I laughed over the whole scene with the "baton of authority" and had a couple of pervy thoughts! ::smirks::

Great flashback scene, explaining Mavereux's rather calm acceptance of this suprising talent Javert has. How accomodating of the Inspector to put on such a show, performing dog tricks and fetching and "speaking". I suspect it was a relief for Javert to have someone in on his secret. A burden shared is lightened...and Mavereux, except for his jealousy over Valerie's enjoyment of Javert in doggy form, seems to be a good man.

I adored the last third of the story, as the Inspector once again confronts Valjean. Keeping his anger under control, lest he change back to human form, Javert slowly approaches his nemesis, puppy still firmly held in his mouth. I can see the fur rise up in a ridge along the cautious dog's back. See the slight lowering of the head, the flattening of the ears. Javert doesn't trust this man, but perhaps he can leave the puppy with him. And Jean Valjean...is a compassionate man, a caring man. I love that he is so quick to befriend these dogs. I laughed aloud over his mistake about the larger dog's gender! ::giggles:: Of course, I can see how such a mistake was made...they looked like mother and pup. But how that adds to Javert's displeasure...being called a "her"! If Valjean had not picked up the prized nightstick, Javert's encounter would have been over. But no one touches the Inspector's stick...and certainly no one carries it off! He must follow to retrieve it.

He never intended to stay...but after a much appreciated drink of cool water, and a surprising glimpse at the pup's name (wow!), Valjean catches him unawares, scratching through the course fur, calling him a "pretty girl"! I feared Javert might take a bite out of him! But the belly rub undoes him, literally. He can't control the legs dancing in the air as the human finds the right spot...and at last the gender issue is cleared up! The final 'peace offering' is the sausage! Hungry, Javert can't resist that sausage...and seals his fate for the night.

What a remarkable ending! Valjean expects to take his new dogs for an early morning stroll...and finds instead a naked Javert asleep on his rug. He is so nonchalant about the discovery: "well, that explained quite a lot". Ever a man of mercy, he lets a "sleeping dog lie"...and decides to leave clothes nearby, and a man his dignity, and a way out. The puppy Valjean will keep...or is it a puppy? ::smiles over that:: That name...

Great story! Extremely well written with lots of deeper meaning and many amusing scenes. Full of unexpected twists, this story just works so well, on many levels! I'd love to see some more one-shots, of this nature! ::sits up and begs nicely::
Javerts-Wench chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
~exasperated sigh~ I TOLD Javert not to walk around naked except for a dog collar and top hat in public!

Very cute, and funny!
sporkish fiend chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Hee! FAB, I loved it! I'm cooing over Javert!Puppy like a little girl. Adorable story! _ *is all smiley and gooey*