Reviews for Truth Hurts
iet chapter 11 . 5/29/2013
Please go on with the story.
I like it so much.
ShadowOfASilentVoice chapter 11 . 4/19/2010
This is really a fantastic story !

You have a very good write style.

I just found the series and searched for Fanfics that involve Stevie and Rose and found this wonderful story.

I know that had been a long time but it would be a shame if you dont continue this story. Its really worth it ! It is so great and exciting !

So I dont give up my hopes and add you to my Favorites and BEG you to go on with this great story !
LorelaiAkaCoffeeAddict chapter 11 . 7/4/2008
Aw, this is such a great story! I just read the whole thing in one go. Are you going to continue it? It would be a shame if you wouldn't, you're a talented writer and I'd love to see how you'd continue it!
Nightwitch87 chapter 6 . 5/18/2007
'Once they were in the car Tess turned to Rose “I know you are upset Rose, but please don’t be so hard on Alex. It really was an accident. And…”' Nice try, Tess, but it's way too early for that. Of course Rose is mad at Alex, who wouldn't be? You always need someone to blame, whether it's yourself or somebody else, and right now, it certainly doesn't matter to Rose if Alex feels really sorry about everything. That doesn't make things go right again.

I absolutely loved Alex' contemplation, his sort of interior monologue. It was wonderfully written and very profound. I'm not religious at all, it actually makes me a bit angry to read about all this "why does God allow that?" stuff, because it's based on the assumption that if there were something powerful, it would have to be good -which just seems impossible, regarding this planet- but I think when you love someone, you would do anything to try and save them. Anything. Even I've prayed. I could write a lot more about this, but that would lead too far here. But yes, this is definitely my favourite section so far - Alex in the chapel. Well done!

Ali is annoying me a bit. You can't blame her for being preoccupied with her own problems and not understanding Rose's situation, but still...she could be a bit more compassionate.

I think that Tess is really the right choice of person to talk to about that sort of thing, though. She's good with that stuff, I'm sure she can help the girls. I like her role as a mediator, she's definitely in character there.

That is so harsh, though! I can't believe Ali's parents are doing the same thing Stevie's did decades earlier. How can you really love your daughter if you abandon her because of something like that, when she most needs you? True, Ali could have used contraception, but now, it can't be helped, and we're talking about the possibility of a human life coming into the world here, or not coming. In any case, there are two lives at stake, the life of their daughter and granddaughter - and the parents just give up? I'm sorry, but that just makes me so mad! Argh...

It must be a weird déjà-vu sort of story for Rose, though, and she's got enough on her mind right now. Then again, maybe Ali's problems will distract her a tiny little bit, provide her with a role. That can be good, I suppose.

I just hopes everything turns out okay!
Nightwitch87 chapter 5 . 5/18/2007
I'm finally catching up on this story at last. And...wow. Lots of stuff happening, it's all very dramatic. Poor Rose, I feel so sorry for her there. 'What if those were the last words she ever got the chance to say to her? What if she could never take them back, or say I’m sorry or I love you?' Yes, that's definitely one of the most horrible things. Most of the time, a goodbye is not the way you think it will look like. No goodbye...it leaves you so empty, so without closure. This is really getting to me, and you've described it so well. Again, poor Rose.

And poor Alex as well, I don't think he would ever get over the guilt of having killed Stevie, even if he of course didn't mean to and it was an accident. It won't look that way in his mind.

I so hope Stevie will be fine and that this somehow helps them to move past all that pain and rage, somehow pushes them to re-establish their relationship, although it's going to take time. But life's too short to keep up that grudge.

'She thought of all the unspoken words, all the things she wanted to say, and to ask, and to hear. And it was all too overwhelming.' This formulation is particularly expressive. I like the "and's", the way Rose keeps adding something. It's more realistic that way than writing it in a "fluffy" way, or just as a pure enumeration. Great style!

Need to read on now...
RavenMorbisk chapter 11 . 5/15/2007
great update ! love it, really !
RavenMorbisk chapter 10 . 5/7/2007
you can't leave me hanging like this.. sweet update.. another ?
RavenMorbisk chapter 9 . 4/13/2007
hey.. update? I like this.. it's the frist stevie/alex fic I actually like !
Nightwitch87 chapter 4 . 1/24/2007
Oh, okay, my suspicion was completely off. An accident? I hope Stevie is okay. :(

So that's why everyone was acting so weird.

I like your characterisation of the two teenagers, especially Ali's "you said they would be cool". It seemed very realistic to me.

'"Rose, what on earth are you doing hitch hiking, didn’t anyone tell you its dangerous!"

Rose hung her head as she Jodi yelled at her.'

Haha, I like Jodi being in the protective role, it's a new side of her we didn't really get to see too often on the show. Now that made me wonder what she would be like as a big sister.

If Stevie is all right, I'm hoping that Ali will bring Rose and her closer again. That's Rose's hope, too, and I'm glad they've got something else to focus on for once, other than their own issues.

It also sounds to me like Rose is still very proud of Stevie:

'"Aunty Stevie practically owns this place."'

Well...PRACTICALLY. :D
Nightwitch87 chapter 3 . 1/24/2007
Oh, very exciting! Looks like history is about to repeat itself, I just hope Ali chooses what feels right to her, because in the end, she's the one who has to live with it. I still think that before doing anything else, she should have talked to Austin about it, but I can see why she's scared. Still, he has a right to know, even if she has an abortion.

Rose's idea is great, I'm glad that Ali gets to talk to someone who's been there, because after all, no one else really knows what it must feel like. Maybe Stevie can help her sort things out, but I don't think it will work that way right away, because it sounds to me that this is set during the time when Stevie was accused of murder, that that's what Rose's parents are keeping secret.

Can't wait to see how it continues.
Nightwitch87 chapter 2 . 1/23/2007
Poor Rose. She's really going through a hard time there. I hope things get better when she starts talking to Stevie about what happened, and that her parents become more supportive. I feel sorry for Michelle and her husband, too, they raised Rose after all, and her adopted father seems a bit helpless, the way you describe him. I think they're definitely making a mistake here, though, not being honest with Rose. If they continue like this, they are going to lose all of her trust.

'“Thank goodness she got sick of calling all the time. I guess we can just forget all about her now.” Rose added quickly.'

Whenever Rose said something like this on the show, it made us think "what a bitch", but the way you describe it here is more sympathetic, and it makes me think about her motives. Rose is just a hurt, angry teenager at the moment, and she has every right to be. She has lost her sense of belonging somewhere and feels betrayed by the people she loves most. It's going to take time to deal with that, and her parents and Stevie need to be more supportive.

I hope they find Alison, and I really want to know what happened between the two girls now.
Nightwitch87 chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Very promising beginning! I like the fact that you picked Rose's perspective and showed "the other side". The way you portrayed her feelings looks very realistic to me and it really makes me understand Rose more, because it raised one or two aspects I hadn't thought about.

"Then there was that moment. That moment that it all clicked; that moment that the dreaded thought first occurred to Rose- the baby was her. Stevie gave her away, never wanted her, never loved her. Sure Stevie said a lot of things, how she had loved Rose and only wanted the best for her…. But actions speak louder than words. And Stevie had given her away."

That was my favourite part, because you really look into Rose's mind there and it's very well-written. It's dramatic, but not melodramatic, just dramatic in a way that engages the reader and makes him/her "feel along".

I also like how you build it all around that one event, the absence of Stevie's weekly call, and work with that. It's the moment that triggers Rose's thoughts and memories about the past few weeks, her pain about being abandoned by "one of her favourite people in the world".

The whole "caring, but pretending not to care" thing is complicated, but so true, Rose clearly acted like that on the show, we all do at some point, perhaps more often than we should.

I'm glad Michelle and Stevie are talking again, I think if anything is supposed to happen there, if Rose is to be helped instead of being confused and torn further, the basic premise is that Stevie and Michelle agree, that they act in concert and assure Rose that they stand beside her. That would be the ideal case, although it probably doesn't work out like that in reality.

Still, I think it's important that Michelle and Stevie get over the past and talk. There's a lot of hurt on both sides there, and it won't be easy, but this is a start.
Aliengirla chapter 7 . 12/25/2006
A very good story... And as some of the others said I think you've written Rose very well and it's good to read a story with her as a main character.

Please update soon. I really want to know what happened to Stevie and how it will turn out!
pepperisapony chapter 7 . 10/26/2006
I love all of your stories! You're a great writer so please keep writing your stories!