Reviews for Attempt
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
You know, I LOVE your fics. But your oneshots without exception drive me nuts. I always feel like I've just settled in to a marvelously delicious story only to have a bucket of cold "the end" thrown on me :) It's not that they don't end literarily appropriately - it's just that I want more because they're so good and I'd like to see the thoughts explores further. Anyway... Favorite parts?

His father would recognize it and again Dean would be the lesser son. (I so teared up at this - this is heart-rending)

They were private, and Dean didn’t know if Missouri knew the meaning of that word. (This made me laugh - Dean seems to love Missouri and yet not be comfortable with her and this explains why)
Swasti chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
very good!
stealthyone chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
This was a nice piece, an interesting look into Dean's head. I can definitely see him being insecure after everything that had happened.

Favorite lines:

Dean swallowed the bitterness -the jealousy that flared up as he thought about Sam. When they helped Jerry, the airline supervisor told Sam how proud their father was of Sam. Dean internalized it. John had never said that about his oldest son. Or if he had told one of his friends about his pride for Dean, they were not sharing. Sure he hated chick flick moments-but he was human, fallible and not immune to emotions and feelings.

I love that paragraph, the way Dean is trying not to be jealous. Great idea to bring up that moment from "Phantom Traveler" to illustrate how John might favor Sam. And I also like the last bit quite a lot: Dean not liking chick-flick moments, but still feeling hurt because John never even attemps to have one with him.
H.T.Marie chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Hey girl, Nice job with this one. I've never really understood the fascination with Missouri. Everytime I see that woman, I think of Boston Public, LOL, but you managed to get her in here just enough for me not to get annoyed with her. I just hates when she takes over a story. Thanks for this.

HT

PS, I'm planning on reading and reviewing your other story, but I just haven't been starting any new chatper fics lately. saving 'em for when I have more time.
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Wow. Cool. Love it. Catch ya on the flip side.
morning sunlight chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Great work. I love the image of the lonely birds. Also the vulnerability of Dean alongside the trying to hide it and the worry that Missouri will see through his efforts, alongside his misunderstanding of what she said,thinking back to the Demon's nastiness. Well Done.
bjxmas chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Oh, it was most definitely the truth. Love the insight you have into Dean, excellant job.

I would love to see you continue with this, so much more you could say.

Wonderful piece, Thanks, B.J.
ridley chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Ti,

I hate to tell you this...but this is my favorite piece you have written. It was so chocked full of great little moments, from the Kindergarten and fourth grade memory to the lonely birds one-which was my favorite.

All the little quips about JOhn were so funny, and so true.

I loved your Missouri and the way Dean thought she had said what the Demon had said was so great-just like a true flashback would be for someone who has experienced a trauma.

I loved Dean humming the music in his head, and how Missouri so subtly called him on it. BG. And even if I am so far, far, far away from being a Cassie fan, I can so understand how Dean wanted one person who was 'passionate' about him. It was so telling and so very sad.

All around, this was an awesome one shot.

Ridley
carocali chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
"Blood loss evidently brought up memories"

What a great line!

I love that you using fic as an excuse, um, well, I mean, that you are studying SO HARD for your bar exam and have graced us with your new found knowledge by including it in a hand study tool! Thank you so kindly for that!

Glad you are still writing. Good luck!

:D

Caroline
magicsunbeam chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Oh Tidia! No, no , no...you can't, shouldn't, mustn't stop there! I need more. Pretty please.
Ster1 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Oh, no fair! This was so good! You did such a great job describing his pain and insecurity; it would be only reasonable that Dean would be feeling quite bitter after everything that's happened. He's rationalized things away his whole life but now the demon almost killed him (after taunting Dean with his worst suspicions). That's got to set the stage for some serious soul searching on whether everything he's sacrificed for his family/the hunting has been worth it .

I thought this would be the first chapter and then I read "the end!" No! Please consider some more chapters. I would love to see your take on how Dean comes to deal with this and if his family comes to realize what's going on.
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
That was good, I like it when you share your studying with us:) Poor Dean, he's so gonna have issues next season... more, I mean. I especially liked the first part, your illustration for "attempt." He was trying to call Cassie, that's nice. No new girlfriend for Dean! Dean and Cassie, Sam and Sarah! Maybe John needs a girlfried? That could be interesting:)

Well, thanks for the story, hope you get lots more studying done today!

Kelly