Reviews for All the King's Men
DreamerInHeaven chapter 1 . 3/2
Wow, that was so touching :)

A caring John who loves his children is so rare in fanfictions, mostly he's an abusive jerk and I'm glad I found your fanfiction :)
masondixon chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Read both these stories this morning but this one really stood out. Definitely can tell you are a Dean fan and that is very much appreciated by another one like myself. Beautifully written and I loved the childhood scenes. You did a great job. Thank you.
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
That was amazing!
Cruelty chapter 1 . 9/14/2006
Okay I know I said I'd read the other one first but the summaries to these two just drew me. Love the way the two pieces work together so perfectly. Love the way they show the dichotomy between the way others see Dean and the way he sees himself. How the same heroic traits that can be viewed by such pride by others can come from a place of such self-doubt and desperation. It's what makes Dean's character so damned fascinating. And again, here is what we are waiting to see. It can be easy for even family to fall for a facade. Perhaps easiest for family. So much easier to ignore the weaknesses for the strengths, pretend people know what should be said because saying it is too hard. You bring back here the power and pain of this family dynamic as it was laid bare in those last 10 intense minutes of the first season. Well done.
LoveJeter chapter 1 . 9/12/2006
OK You've gone and done it. I'm crying! OMG I'm so glad John realized that his sons need him, that Dean needs him. He's finally realized that Dean isn't some superhero who doesn't need anyone, he's a human being and needs his family. Dean's Family...That is his strength, what makes him I guess invincible, superhero like.

My favorite part - "His eyes were now moist with tears of joy as he lay his head down on his dad’s chest to feel the steady rhythm of his breathing. John willed his arm to move and placed his hand at Dean’s head, softly stroking his son’s hair." *tears*
brighette chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
"He once more had a purpose in life, he still had a job to do, his son needed him and he would be damned if he would desert him before his needs were met." Very nicely written. John's a hard one to write, but I think you did a great job!
historylover chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
What a good story!

Gotta love the angst!

Kat
Sarah chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Truly excellent!
Mishka89 chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
I can't remember if I wrote a review for Shattered but this and that were both fantastic. Poor Dean..you should maybe think about writing some more after where this left off, I'd really like to read what you think could happen. But as a OneShot these were great!
spootycup chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
wow... that was deep... i still think john is selfish bastard and an AWFUL father! that man is an ass... he is too driven and he just doesn't care about his sons... but i like your spin on things.. really good
rodney215 chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
bjxmas - I just thought that was simply amazing. Loved Shattered. And I love this one too. Great job!
sams1ra chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Wonderfully great! I LOVED it! Really great writing. Now all we need is Sam's POV... hint hint... :)
Tamlyn2 chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
Wow, I loved Shattered, but this one is even better..really ties everything together. I loved how you used lines from the show and added childhood memories to show us how much Daddy Winchester does love Dean..loves both of his sons. And waking up because the son that never asks for anything needs him? beautiful!
snchills chapter 1 . 6/25/2006
As always a fantastic story. I wish there was more.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 6/24/2006
Excellent companion piece to 'Shattered'.

Thank you for writing it.

Difficult to type a review with one of my cats walking on the keyboard or attacking the mouse.

I like how John fought the darkness to wake up. It would be great if at some point during the show he would tell Dean the words you just wrote.

Love how you write Dean, can just picture Jensen :) in character.

Thanks for sharing.