Reviews for A Time to Reap
Mirach chapter 32 . 1/8/2009
I've red all 4 stories from Shadow and Thought to this one in row these holidays. It was a wonderful experience! There were few books that I couldn't stop reading and had to think about all the time, even dreaming about them. Your story belongs to them. I'm glad (maybe a bit selfish) that I found it when it's already complete. I don't know if I could wait so long for the feeling that everything is alright at last at the end...

I like the medieval atmosphere of this story, the medieval way of thinking about honour, fidelity and etiquette really fits for Gondor. I sense a great knowledge behind this story, you studied the topics that you write about - like healing herbs, medieval cloting and justice, spider behavior... You wrote it with great care, I had the feeling that you have to be an expert in Elven massage, yourself :) And I really like the references of mythology and folk lore, I have the feeling that it gives the story more depth.

These things create a background that only few stories have but the foreground is a tale of friendship. There were such a dark places that my heart ached but then came light and it was beautiful. But sometimes (in Web of Treason) I had the feeling that the space between suffering and healing is too wide. When you don't have the suffering in fresh memory while reading, then the relief at the healing isn't so big as it could, I think. Or, rather, I think speaking for myself. Web of Treason was the darkest part and I'm glad that Time to Reap was so much lighter after that, and full of symbolic.

If I ever meet you, I'll give you an Elven massage as thanks for this story! :)
Karoliina chapter 32 . 1/6/2009
I have to admit that "A Time to Reap" is one of my favourites out of your stories! A pleasure to read, as always :)
Stoneage Woman chapter 32 . 11/29/2008
Hey! Sorry I haven't reviewed in so long; but I've been down with malaria for the last couple of weeks. Am fully recovered now though, and am all ready to go back to Delhi and study for my upcoming exams (my parents called me back home to Mumbai when my malaria recurred the second time). Anyway, I can't believe this is finally over! It was a wonderful story, and although I preferred some of the previous ones, I can see why this would be your favorite. Any sequels planned?
Trena Darrah chapter 32 . 11/29/2008
This story was amazing...from the first novel "shadow and thought" to this last one "a time to reap"...I was pulled into the story and could feel the pain, anguish, and suffering our 2 friends had gone through...I was also glad to feel the joy and hapiness they got to share as well...every day I looked forward to reading the next chapter..wondering what trouble they would get into next...I laughed and I cried as I are a very good writer and I look forward to reading more of your work...keep it up!
Larner chapter 32 . 11/27/2008
I consider it my favorite longer tale so far, Linda.

It has taken time to write, but has been worthwhile reading, and a delight to see the royalty of the King descend upon the Man who went to the mountain with Faramir. They are both healed, and their trust in one another restored. They have learned more of their people, and have reason to be proud of their administration. Now, to convince Imrahil that the Queen isn't just mouthing platitudes at them, and to see Tasariel honored in some special way! Heh!
Luthien and Tari Oronar chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
Finally-a happy ending! Well, mostly, but I'm sure that Imrahil will come around eventually. Now off to see what else you have planned...
nancylea57 chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
yeah,, healed and back together. they need each other as much as they need their wives. aragorn and faramir bring out the best in you, the stories you have woven around the two of them are spectacular and deserve all the recognication they recieve. hope to get to vote fro this in the mefas 2009!
T'Kath chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
Finally! A chapter long waited for. And WHAT a chapter, what a conclusion to your Trilogy of Strider and Faramir. Thanks so much for it. Its been a great pleasure to read - especially the lake on the mountains and now the way Aragorn treats Faramir as the son he is to him.

Would be nice to see the reaction of the village to the news of who their visitors were... Just a thought...

Your faithfull reader,

CeciliStargazer chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
A beautiful ending! I don't really have a favorite among your stories; as I love them all!

I do have a question though. Does Imrahil and Faramir become uncle and nephew again?
Sarahbarr17 chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
Aww...A very happy ending to the story!

Sarah x
Tanion chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
Thank you for the story. It has been one of my favourite in the series, and I think in some ways it makes a very happy "epilogue" to the much darker "Web of Treason". I was really happy to see their eventual reconciliation. I esp like the part where they were farm-hands in the village... very entertaining reading indeed! Imagine the king and the stweard as your farm-hands... and finding that out! Hope you'll continue the series in the future!
black4minister chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
oh, happy and sad, i'm realy glad you updated but its a pity this is the last chapter, i really liked this story.

this was a really nice chapter. i'm at home, sick in bed and this has cheered me up emmensly. i hope when you said that this was the end of a journey you didn't mean you're never going to write about faramir and aragorn again, that would be terrible. i always hoped you'd write a story of aragorn taking faramir to rivendell for the first time, seeing ad faramir wanted to see it so much.

but thats you're choice, so thanks again for the chapter, hope to see you soon...
JuliaAurelia chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
Well, I am very sorry to see this story come to an end, as I have enjoyed it immensely, but it was nice to see it end so happily, especially with Arwen and Aragorn. Yep, more babies for them on the way! Also very touching of Aragorn to have the Stewards' banner flown next to that of the King, which was very meaningful for Faramir. Altogether an excellent ending, though I would like to see a little follow up story in which Faramir and Uncle Immi are reconciled.
kilby1471 chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
It was a good story, I have followed all your others and they are all well thought out.

Thanks for brightening up my normal day, as I am going through bad time your stories mean alot!
utfrog chapter 32 . 11/26/2008
Why you believe this story is unpopular baffles me. My only "complaint" was the length of time between updates! I love your views of our beloved characters and how they grew and forged friendship. I want to know what happens to the minor characters - does Aragorn return to the village? You write well and tell powerful (and sometimes painful) stories. Do not let envious or overly opinionated folks stop you from writing what you love and what so many of us enjoy and look forward to. You give readers a tremendous gift. I am very thankful for this. I appreciate the chance to tell you so. Written with love and gratitude. UTfrog
653 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »