Reviews for Preacher Man
nomdeplume30 chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
This was great. I love the backstory you gave him. It feels right somehow. And when he meets Kaylee is one of my favorite parts of the show. You did a great job with it.
Thescarredman chapter 1 . 11/16/2009
Simple, conpact, poetic. Something that bears rereading. Thank you.
ww chapter 1 . 4/22/2009
Wow. The way you captured Book was just perfect. The explanation you've given for Book's backstory fit so well. And the way you phrase things is so beautiful. The ending line especially - "And life started again, with the jolt of a reviving heart."
ElfIcarii chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Very interesting - once again I find myself faced with a unique perspective. You have quite the imagination. Makes me wonder if you have an account at fictionpress...
Robin4 chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
A quick review, as I'm at work-but as always, I adore your fics. I'm rereading now, but this one was new to me. I'm very glad you didn't go "conventional" and make Book an Operative. I can just see him as a sniper, and see the change as you write it. Well done!
Dreadnok chapter 1 . 11/11/2006
brilliant...

just can't say much more than that
Jonny Napalm chapter 1 . 8/13/2006
Lembas... I've read any number of Firefly stories... gotta say this is one of my favorites. Short, concise... and it FEELs right on the money about the character of Book.

Nice work.
qwanderer chapter 1 . 8/2/2006

never really thought about it but with the past I've come to assume he has he's very like Kenshin. Beautiful story of a man who has given up his name because he has given up death, though it was what he did best - until he found a little family to help protect.
Sun-chan1 chapter 1 . 7/21/2006
Aww, that was nice. I really liked your interpretaion of Book's past as most seem to think he was with the Aliance. I loved the exchange with Kaylee at the end bwing told from Book's point ofview.
twacorbies chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
Smile! You've been reviewed by Firefly Talk. .
happyhooligan2001 chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
An excellent story about the past life of the ever mysterious Shepard Book. I like how he picked up on the love Kaylee had for Serenity.
Zuzanny chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
That was beautiful. I loved Book. I had hoped he would be explained a bit more, but ah-well. You've done a very nice job. :)
MercurySpike chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
Fantastic! I admire the capturing of characters more than anything, and you've got Book down deep. I like the fact that we're not quite sure who we're talking about for a while, too. A well-written peek into one of the most secretive characters.
Shannon K chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
This is a great story about Book. Interesting and very plausable take on the character. Very impressed here.

Cheers!
Ellisguy chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Well, we all pretty much gathered that Book had a past. Something to do with the Alliance, and something to do with guns. Seems very plausible. I like it.