Reviews for The Visit
Guest chapter 7 . 11/25/2013
Just found this story. I love the rotating POVs! Each character's viewpoint is so clearly delineated and obviously deeply felt; it's obvious why there is conflict between them. Amanda is great in this story: she is so strong and vocal, and very clear about what she thinks of her two Vulcans' behavior, even as she feels caught in between them. Sarek's great difficulty dealing with Spock's actions is also expressed so well; it's easy to envision him maintaining an 18-year silence with his son. And I really like how Spock's viewpoint has evolved since he's been at the Academy; whatever his reasons for going in the first place, he now has mature and serious reasons for staying. I hope you update this one once Home is the Sailor is complete!
Guest chapter 7 . 9/16/2013
So many great stories to be completed. May you Live Long Prosper and keep writing till all completed and posted.

I am so selfish.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/26/2013
A fantastic start to a story and one that I've waited eagerly for more of. I hope this joins A Christmas Carol in the completions that Ms Foley is currently posting to this site (and my apologies if it is a Mr. Foley rather than a Ms.).
Guest chapter 7 . 12/9/2012
I know it has been years since you posted any updates to most of your stories. I hope you will one day come back. Your stories are so rich and well written.. you catapult me into the very story itself... you are a wonderful author and deserve to in company of Steinbeck and Hemingway
thornlady chapter 6 . 3/29/2012
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE update this fic! its soo god and thers only got to be one or two more chapters to finish it! its just been left on a cliff hanger! :)
Thornlady chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
UPDATEEEEEE! LOVE LOVE LOVE this story!
thornlady chapter 7 . 3/22/2012
NOOOOO UPDATEEEE! i want to see Sarek and Spock make up!
SrMacrina chapter 7 . 3/29/2011
I really like this story - the homecoming, the prodigal themes, and the anticipation of Babel. I hope you get back to it someday.

Judith
Lori Jean chapter 7 . 3/12/2011
I am trying to catch up on your writings. I know I have gone back before on your stories and until I read them all I will keep doing that. There are a couple I didn't review for out of personal time or complete one chapters. I don;t think I have any thing new to say. Just to let you know I am hanging in there in between anything new. Thank you for your work.
LettieM chapter 7 . 3/6/2011
I love this story so far, and hope you will find time and inspiration to finish it in the not too distant future. Your readers have been left hanging out in the Forge, with the lematya stalking Spock. What happens next? I will look forward to future installations in this fascinating story.
LettieM chapter 5 . 3/6/2011
Yet another great chapter. As Amanda said, Spock is so much like his father, and that is the very trait that is driving them apart. Outstanding writing, as always.
LettieM chapter 4 . 3/6/2011
Powerful chapter. A section near the end of the chapter elegantly expresses the crux of the problems between Sarek and Spock: "But I was resolute. And sure that I was right. As the sole Vulcan in my Vulcan family, I would manifest the proper behavior that Spock should emulate..." I'm afraid there will indeed be hell to pay when he sees Spock again.
LettieM chapter 3 . 3/6/2011
Excellent chapter. I love the story about how Spock first learned to swim.

The way you portray the relationship between Amanda and Sarek is so lovely and sweet. She wants so much to heal the breach between her two stubborn Vulcans... Now on to the next chapter.
LettieM chapter 2 . 3/6/2011
Fascinating chapter showing Spock's thoughts upon returning home. It's very difficult to write stories from the first person perspective, even more so when a story is written in the first person perspective of two different characters. You've done it here extremely well.

Poor Spock is once again attempting to understand and reconcile the two halves of his nature, as symbolized in his eternal question to his father, "Why did you marry a human woman?" On to Chapter 3.
LettieM chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Great first chapter! I loved Spock's line, "The... gesture... was not unpleasant to me." His Vulcan way of admitting he missed Amanda, just as he knows she has missed him. I'm loving this story so far. Now on to Chapter 2...