Reviews for Posthumous Part of the Scene
Ardeliah chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
Oh that was an awesome story! I loved seeing them through another persons eyes.
Berkana aka Thorunn chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
I liked your story very much. I'm not a big fan of Zelenka but I liked the idea - to show the team through his eyes. Also I liked the part about shadows of the team that make him sleep without nightmares. And part about security blanket is my favourite.
michelel72 chapter 1 . 1/1/2012
Fantastic story. Radek's declining condition is vividly rendered, and I love the protective team.
Azamiko chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Cool.
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Loved Ronon being compared to a moody teenager and Rodney to a hyper kid!

Liked the discordant note beginning "the Colonel's uniform streaked with blood that is not his" that suddenly comes in after the perfect to the point of cloying mission before that.

The use of Radek for the inexperienced outsider is great. He knows the team members well but doesn't go off world much himself, is unused to combat situations. This means he gives us observations on the changes in brings in them (especially noticeable in John) and how they behave.

I liked that all the team members supported Radek which meant they all did it in their very different ways. The reminder of Ford was a neat nudge that not everything always gets set to rights and works out in the end. Also that it brings up memories of McKay in the infirmary doing cold turkey from the enzyme.

*shudder* Very well evoked.

Rodney tears himself apart with guilt but babbles on about sci-fi and berates Radek. Teyla is quietly teasing and talks about her Athosian childhood. Sheppard uses humour "It's cosy. I'm thinking of putting up curtains." while Radek feels the strength under him. Ronon uses few words but commiserates with him, thanks him for stepping in the way.

Radek gets to experience the reality of the team bond and of leaving no man behind:

"They will not run. Radek knows this, sees it in the space in Sheppard's eyes, hears it in McKay's curses"

"There is more gunfire. Rodney flinches, but doesn't move from his position beside Radek."

"Four figures cluster around him...Radek thinks, he must be in the safest place in two galaxies."

I love the individual descriptions as they all stand protectively around Radek in the cave, all very different but still fierce in their own ways, with John, who is usually so casual until the time comes to bring out the soldier, left until last.

Finally, as always, I adored the laugh out loud lines:

"The shadows of the cave swear loudly, and in a Canadian accent.

"His patience ran out a while back," Sheppard sums up."

Brilliant fun, dramatic and thoughtful into the bargain!
Potterworm chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
Amazing story. Absolutely amazing. You've captured such an interesting dynamic with the team, and I love that Radek says he wasn't scared. God, you're a fantastic writer.
Black Goddess chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
Oh, this was really thoughtful. I sometimes think that the team show best through the eyes of others and this story supports that. I loved the way that Radek's inattention at the beginning turned into that moment of hyper-awareness and confusion before he was injured and his attention began to fade. Nicely structured, and a really good look at everyone. Good job.
msdarque chapter 1 . 8/26/2008
A very lovely story. Portrayed the team exactly right, I think.

Nice!
Tipper chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Wow - I'm sorry I missed this when you posted it! It's absolutely wonderful. I love Radek's POV-I really think you nailed it, and, of course, the team (but that's old news-you always nail the team. LOL). I thought the tension was perfectly well balanced as well-I was so terrified he was actually going to die (see how good you are?). Just a great, great job-thank you so much for writing it!
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
What a fine story! I really enjoyed reading it. My favorite part was when Radek and Rodney were deciding which X-Men people were.
Adra Lamia chapter 1 . 10/6/2007
to quote you on the story “Works for me, too.” exelent story...
Reius Devirix chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
Hey! This is really good. It's great that you used Zelenka as the observer. I really like his character and I love the observations on the team. Especially Sheppard. Great work!
JoyBean chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
I loved your story! Your character insights were spot on, the pace was great, the conversations believable, and the character background imaginative! Plus, the ending hit all the right notes.
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 10/13/2006
OK, this is really, really weird - I posted a review of this story yesterday and it hasn't shown up yet! Anyway, just wanted to say that, along with "Amazing Grace", this is going to be one of those stories that I read over and over and over - I'm saving it to my C2 as well!
Sepik chapter 1 . 9/10/2006
I loved it. It was written in a way that... gave a good ammount of description. And I loved the whole idea of it. Radek's security blanket. :D

And I loved the foreshadowing.

Later, in the darkness of a cave, the Colonel’s uniform streaked with blood that is not his, he will hear Sheppard mutter, he should have known it couldn’t be easy.