Reviews for Shall We Dance
Engel2092 chapter 10 . 2/4
I thank you for this story. Even if it isn't how it happened, I can certainly see this story as the most canonical story on how Gohan and Videl came to be and it's just so filled with love and romance and Gohan particularly seems to stick so true to character, living his life as his father would, a forgiving and caring man who cares not for fame but for peace. I love this story and this is my brand new all-time favorite fan-fic for Gohan and Videl. Thank You for the story and Thank you for the feelings, it's always good to feel once in awhile.
Engel2092 chapter 4 . 2/4
I have to say, it's been a while since I found a story that has made me feel so strongly. Thank you for this story... NOW IF GOHAN AND VIDEL COULD JUST GET THEIR HEADS OUT THEY ASSES AND TELL EACH OTHER HOW THEY FEEL! THAT'D BE FUCKING GREAT! BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FELT THIS ON THE EDGE OF TEARS SINCE MEWTWO AND MEW ACCIDENTALLY TURNED ASH INTO A GODDAMNED STATUE!

Again, Thank you for this story. I'm a 6 foot tall man with a shaved head and a beard and i'm damn near in tears because of it! I'm goddamned proud of that fact lmao.
MysticGohanSSJ3 chapter 10 . 12/15/2015
Wow. This was a great story. You should be proud of yourself. I loved every word of it. It's rare for you to actually find a great story such as this. You did it right. You had the relationship build up, then the heartbreaking misunderstanding, then the pain of being separated, then they got back together, then cemented their relationship, then making peace with the family. You did an absolutely wonderful job with this story. This is definitely one of my favorites!
Astronomer01 chapter 10 . 8/26/2015
i have read nearly hundreds and hundreds of stories on this site but i felt that this story was quite different even with your plot and the way you write while most of the fanfic authors have a mateur style to their writings yours was quite an expert style with a wonderful flow the story was a magical read and thank you for giving me such a good time reading it
gabelou1991 chapter 10 . 4/4/2015
H'aime
Britmysta chapter 10 . 7/16/2014
I don't recall if I ever wrote you a review about your story, but hey, nearly a decade later it is still one of my favorites that I come back to read every once and a while like watching a favorite DVD. I have no idea what you are out doing in life but in some way I hope you see this and it at the very least makes you chuckle. Great, timeless love story well fitted within the DBZ universe. My top story for Gohan and Videl still even after reading so many different ones. Its just so light hearted and has a easy reading flow. Plus I personally enjoy dancing. Thanks for the great mash up and a great childhood memory that I can revisit anytime as long as the interwebs exists, lol.

- BW
DarkVoid116 chapter 10 . 2/13/2014
Great story. Truly one of best fluff GhVis out there. This fic actually might've just rejuvenated my interest in DBZ. After finishing this chapter, I just rewatched all of my favorite DB/Z moments, from Goku turning Super Saiyan for the first time to killing Kid Buu, to Gohan killing Cell, to some GhVi AMVs. I kinda wanna rewatch it all now.

This fanfic was brilliant and the ending made me really appreciate Hercule. He's brilliant, and you represented his character faithfully in the end, and even in between.

You obviously portrayed Gohan and Videl exactly as I imagine them, to a tee. Their romance, their love, is what originally hooked me to DBZ. Yeah, I was always a fan of DBZ battles and I can go on and on about everything, from Namekians to Goku to Vegeta to Emperor Pilaf to Mercenary Tao, but GhVi really sealed the deal, and this was quite possibly the best "pure fluff" GhVi get together out there. I liked it that much.

You only created three OCs but each of them as so good. Jessica only briefly appeared, but she might've been my favorite of them all. Ms. Corwin was excellent, and is the other contender. I didn't like Sharpner's father, but you at least gave the man a personality and a large role.

Chi Chi was really good, that much I've probably made clear. I dislike the overprotective, overbearing Chi Chi as Gohan hits adulthood, even if its true to her canon characterization. She was realistic, she sympathized with Gohan, and she was supportive. Overall, great.

Erasa as a matchmaker of sorts worked really well. I really liked Erasa in this story.

Amazing story!
DarkVoid116 chapter 9 . 2/13/2014
A wonderful chapter! Everything is working out for them, and I'm super happy about it.

Hercule excellently redeemed himself, making sure not to lose sight of who his daughter is and how important her happiness should be to him. His overprotectiveness and unreasonableness is overblown in fanon. Sure he's arrogant, but he's hardly a bad person. A bad person wouldn't have tried to take on Cell in the first place. Despite his claims about tricks and such, he had to know there was a chance he may die. Especially being there, he still threw Gohan the head.

Gohan still needs to explain his past to Videl- I hope he actually /does/ do that in this story... I think she'll listen.

Sharpner gained sympathy points here, and Ms. Corwin is an excellent character. You really only created three original characters- Sharpner's father, Ms. Corwin, and Jessica. All three were excellent, even if I despised Sharpner's father.

Great chapter. Can't believe I only have one more to go!
DarkVoid116 chapter 8 . 2/13/2014
I'm liking this Jessica person. I really liked how she was the one who gets to break the story, but moreso that she respected their boundaries and will work with them to make sure the story is tip-top.

Hercule trying to bribe Gohan is disgusting, but hopefully his words got through.

I think once the article is run, Sharpner's (and his father's) reputation will take a nosedive. Hercule might read is and be furious as well.

Awesome update. I liked everything about it.
DarkVoid116 chapter 7 . 2/13/2014
Chi Chi probably won't be too mad. She'll overreact at first but she trusts Gohan unconditionally in this story, so I doubt that lasts too long. She'll understand.

I'm /slightly/ surprised Hercule reacted this harshly. I knew he wouldn't be happy, but a transfer seems nonsensical. We'll see how much of an influence Sharpner's father had on that decision. Hercule might rely on the other man for advice, but he's still independent.

I really like how you're having them rehash their story to others, its wonderful.

Awesome chapter.
DarkVoid116 chapter 6 . 2/13/2014
Excellent chapter. They're *finally* together, even though it actually only took six chapters. It seems like it's been forever. Probably only around 30k words or so.

Regardless, this obviously is going to have repercussions. Sharpner's father won't bow down lightly, and Hercule needs to find out about this at some point.

In the meantime, Bulma, Chi Chi, Erasa, and Goten are all going to be ecstatic. It's gonna be fun.

Great chapter.
DarkVoid116 chapter 5 . 2/13/2014
I like this chapter. Sharpner's father *further* cements himself as a royal asshat (is this even possible? I hadn't thought so) while Sharpner himself gains some sympathy points. His dad just is a douchebag.

Most fics would've had Chi Chi make up something preposterous or otherwise hide Bulma's friendship. I'm glad you didn't do this and just had it the case that it wasn't a big deal... because it's not.

Excellent chapter.
DarkVoid116 chapter 4 . 2/13/2014
Sharpner's father really cemented his dickishness in my book, and Sharpner isn't very far behind. I really am not thrilled with Hercule too, if he had anything to do with this.. damn.

I feel bad for Ms. Corwin, Gohan and Videl were such a fantastic duo.

I wonder how Erasa can fix this. Chi Chi might be needed as well since she can help Gohan.

This story is extremely emotional, but tremendous! I like it a lot!
DarkVoid116 chapter 3 . 2/13/2014
Videl's mother is a very unexplored character in canon, a little less so in fanon. I like the idea of her needing advice from her mother.

I don't like Sharpner's father. I don't like Sharpner, but I dislike his father much more as of right now. We'll see how that goes, but meh.

Good chapter.
DarkVoid116 chapter 2 . 2/13/2014
Hercule seems confusing. He seems to care about Videl but he's a little misguided. I think his character has potential from what we've seen and he won't be an evil Hercule. He just needs a wake-up call.

I like Videl's stand to her father's rules. I think it went well.

I really like Erasa and, of course, your OC, Ms. Corwin. She's a brilliant creation, and, I suspect, a staunch supporter of Gohan and Videl being together.

Great chapter, albeit it had a distinct lack of Sharpner.