Reviews for The High King, the Duchess, and the Secret
Nadia chapter 45 . 5/4/2014
I know that You've completed your story years ago. But it left its mark on me two days ago and I just want You to know it.

You made me cry. And I was furious and I wanted to kill you so badly. (Not You as You. More like Your idea or the idea of You) Because You gave me joy and hope and then You took it away. I know it's just a story. But it was a perfect story. At the beginning. I couldn't get enough of you characters. And I loved them. I still love them. That's why I want to make them happy. I know. Just a story. But hell, I have a hole in my heart right know.

It's a story worthy of being published (is that even grammatical?) and I would buy it and try not to burn some of the pages. Characters are perfect. Crap, I can feel them. And they fit their movie versions perfectly (i try not to remember the books, too much Aslan). BUT sometimes You rush some of the scenes, especially when the dialogue is most interesting - Your describing of the scene is flat. I know, the story is complete, You don't care. I just had to write it.

Please, be very much alive and be happy. Keep a star in your pocket.
TheBigOne chapter 1 . 4/21/2014
This story This isn't what I thought it was going to be based on the summary so I am going to take the *chicken* exit.
Guest chapter 45 . 10/23/2013
omfg the ending was so spooky, is it just me or the fact that I'm reading this at 3am but either way your story was so fucking brilliant.
Guest chapter 27 . 10/23/2013
I love how by the end of their correspondence, they begin to dress each other less formally, and much more I love the transition from yours affectionately to love P.
Adorbszz.3
Can we just take a moment to applaud your writing?
Guest chapter 21 . 10/23/2013
I love how this chapter ended! So dramatic. Love your story!
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 45 . 10/3/2013
Now that... Was a Damn good story
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 14 . 10/2/2013
Female power!
WillowSeeker chapter 45 . 9/28/2013
Hello.
I think the proper way to start this review is by saying that it is a beautifully written and wonderfully constructed.
Although I must say when I finished reading it, all I want to do is take Saedra by her neck and fling her across the room. She is the kind of heroin that you just have to hate and I commend you on writing such a character that most writers on fanfic would avoid writing.
Seriously the story is really good and I hope you would write a better person for Peter and Edmund, because lets face it, those two need a good woman for both of them in the sequel.
But I'll be happy if there is a sequel. Great writing and story could never bore you. Thanks for the amazing fic!
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 3 . 9/18/2013
He likes her!
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 2 . 9/18/2013
Awwwwwww how sweet can this be?
Nixie the Bloody Pixie chapter 1 . 9/18/2013
This is gonna be grand!
kgregs chapter 45 . 9/10/2013
Ever since I stumbled upon this story last week I've been completely obsessed with it! You're a fantastic writer, and this story has kept my attention and elicited more reaction from me than most published novels, so bravo on that. However, I do need to preface my review by ensuring you that everything I'm saying is meant to be taken positively, even though some of it may not seem very positive.

I have never come across a character in all of literature, fan fiction or otherwise, that I find as infuriating as Saedra. I truly despise her, and I think she fully deserves her fate at the end of this story. I don't feel sorry for her at all. She's stubborn, hardheaded, unbelievably selfish and narcissistic, and honestly kind of dumb considering she never made sense of (or heeded) Father Christmas's warning after finding out the truth about her mother and Abrastan. Many times while reading this story I really wanted to punch her in the face, and I was immensely satisfied by Lucy's dismantling of her in the end.

Again, please don't take this to mean that I'm discrediting the character you've created. She's a wonderfully complex, well-written OC, and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading her story. I just happen to really, really dislike her right now. Perhaps that will change once I read the other two installments of the trilogy... we'll just have to see.

The concept for this story is so much different than all the other Narnia fics I've seen, and I'm honestly astounded by how well thought out it is. We never were given an explanation why the Pevensies were sent back to England from Narnia, and the way you've let your imagination run with the concept is brilliant. I was also very excited that you included plot points from The Horse and His Boy, as that's my favorite book in the series.

All in all, I'm extremely excited to get on to reading your other two installments, and I must admit that I desperately want Saedra to end up with Peter... but I have a feeling that's not what's going to happen. Nevertheless, thank you for creating such a wonderful fic!

Katie
fishertowers chapter 45 . 9/8/2013
This was an amazing story! You are a truly gifted author! I was laughing out loud and sobbing within same chapters. It's an understatement to say I'm beyond impressed!

Thank you so much for this writing!

ft
Sabi1994 chapter 45 . 8/3/2013
wow this story was totally amazing and so saf at the same time :'-( i cried at the ending because they never got the chance to make everything right ... it's so sad :'-(
you wrote amazingly and i couldn't stop reading the last few days ... I'm really happy that i stumbled over your story thank you for sharing these amazing character and the amazing story with us ... it was totally awesome :D
I loved reading all of it and I hope you will write more about them ... the story has the potential for a sequel ;) Please write a sequel! Or is there already one?
no one chapter 45 . 7/6/2013
This I a horrible book I hate it you are terrible writer
1,267 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »