Reviews for The Last Man in Oceania
FeenyFan4ever chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I just finished watching the film, and I must say, this is very good! -er- doubleplusgood, i should say! :)
Shimo Ino chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Wow!

I really enjoyed this piece, mostly because it actually seems like it was written by George Orwell himself!

Great Job!
whiterae chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
well written and good ideas. over all, great story.
SandyCaesar chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Wow. That's all that I can say. Putting O'Brien like that, as human, was great.
Stevens chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
You did it because you could. As unnecessarily arrogant as that sounds, I concede that it was true. Apart from a few spelling and grammatical critiques that probably say more about how fussy I am than your writing ability, this was an exceptional and faithful post-script to Orwell's master work. Next to Winston himself, O'Brien is certainly the most curious, complicated and unsettling character in the book, and your story has solidified a rather unformed suspicion I (and probably many readers and perhaps even Orwell himself) had always had about him. Nicely done.
Delightfully Wicked chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Plusgood, comrade.

I never thought of O'Brien in this manner, and I think his death could have been done a bit more to-the-character. Aside from that, the story was excellent.

Big Brother is Watching You,

- Delightfully Wicked
Raiicon chapter 1 . 1/4/2007
That was great, it realy fits well with the style of 1984. Great work!
Singer of Time chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
Wow. Pretty interesting take on 1984 and O'Brien. I'm reading the book right now for my literature class. I must say, you've captured the dystopia of 1984 very well. Great work!
Padfoot Reincarnated chapter 1 . 9/2/2006
Great fic!
SeekingRedemption chapter 1 . 7/16/2006
*falls on the ground and bows to your superior intellect* WOW. I actually understood everything that went on, and I love what you've done with it. Two major points: O'Brien getting captured, having a facade all along. That's something I debate with myself constantly, because on the one hand there's his fanatical devotion to the Party, but it seems unlikely that somebody THAT SMART could overlook the simple inclinations of humanity. And yet, his smartitude could have something to do with the fact that he's merely prolonging the illusion through a serious of rhetorical questions and statements. Rambling, sorry-anywhat, I also adore your Brotherhood/Thought Police idea! (I'm assuming that's yours, anyway-forgot if it was in the book at all, and either way the hypocrisy of it all strikes me as pure genius.) Kudos to you for stimulating thoughts and long paragraphs that look hard to write. _ *faves*
Seshat33 chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
I always hated O'Brien in the novel, but you really made me understand him. You have the horror and the sadness of 1984 down perfectly. It almost seems as though this story could really happen in that world.