Reviews for Dead, Really
Jaromira chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Danny, YOU IDIOT! You seriously got yourself killed in the Fenton Portal AGAIN! Ok, this was probably supposed to be sad, but I can't force myself to be truly upset. Danny is still himself, which makes me laugh. Great work!
avearia chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
"Look, I told you I'm sorry," he said, exasperated as if I was making a big deal of him eating the last of the ice cream in the fridge instead of accidentally killing himself."

By far my favorite line in this oneshot. Really underscores the bizzareness of it all, and the mix of humor and morbidity that's hiding a serious tone to the piece.

As a whole, this oneshot seemed to meander a bit too much for my liking, but I liked the atmosphere you created, and the story you wove. I'm sure I could nitpick a bunch (such as your wordchoice for the last line; "got wet" is so passive, and I feel like you could've ended on a stronger note,) but you had real gems scattered throughout the story, so my nitpicking is irrelevant. I particularly enjoyed James' reaction to his father's death, very believable. I could feel both Danny's and James' bewilderment and shock. The way James just LEFT work instead of going through proper chanels just spoke volumes to me.

I'm glad I read this. It startled a laugh out of me at times, and other times made me sad, which is a good sign that a fic can uphold both of those emotions at once. Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed reading it very much.
Good luck with future writing!
avearia
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
So in this fic, Death is Cheap?
I'mHumanISwear chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Interesting I liked the story and the idea behind it. I always wondered what would happen when Danny died.
ChopSuzi chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I'm laughing so hard right now, you have no idea. XD Leave it to Danny to crack jokes at his own funeral. *shakes head in amusement*
Golden Mean chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
For the most part, this oneshot was very funny. I liked the wry sense of humor the son had regarding his father's death. But those last couple of lines were quietly heartbreaking.
Spades-King chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Being half ghost screws up your spence of humor... Likely, very likely

Good job though!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
This, my friend, is one of the most brilliant things I've ever read. It's simply fantastic!

I love how you wrote it, building up the story little by little. And I really like how you had the oddly detached, sometimes hilarious, witty seriousness to the whole thing. It was so fun to read through. So fun that I just did it twice. XD

And I normally don't go for the next generation fics, but this. was. BRILLIANT.

Definitely a fave. :D

Sapphireswimming
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
That was seriously weird. I really liked it.

...I'm surprised this Peg girl isn't way, way more uncomfortable dating a guy who is clearly not going through the normal grieving process if he's asking people out for dates after the funeral that he's not even spending weeping into shoulders.
DPraven chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
this was, interesting... a little morbid, but you right really well and there was some humor in there too (albeit, morbid humor but i like all kinds of funny) thanks
dkareipfocunoeirunciusyf chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
He should totally have started making loud, snide comments to the people who stood up. Other than that, this was awesome!
baobabs chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Fantastic. Simple fantastic. I've always wondered what his son's reaction would be like if one) he had a son and two) he actually died...

I love his twisted, ironic kind of intake on this event. Me likes this very much. :)
Pseudonym P chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Oh my God, do you know how perfect this is? Danny going all "I think I'm dead" and kind of joking about it because he never thinks of himself, he never takes himself and what happens to him seriously, and I can feel the total in-character of this. Brilliant.
ATC chapter 1 . 5/30/2010
I've read this once back when DP was still in its first season. I thought, "Funny and morbid at once. Cool."

This is me, roughly 3-4 years later thinking, "Still morbid. Not funny, funny; black humour funny. Still entertaining."

Still like it.
Fugitive of Gray chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
*snicker* we couldn't get rid of him that easily. Sorry for killing myself son, i didn't mean to. Sam would chew him out later... and the phone call! hilarious "I think i'm dead" does it get better than that? seriously, morbid half ghost sense of humor doth not fail to makethst me laugh my ass off.

~FoG