Reviews for The Shell
HW forever chapter 1 . 4/26/2010
"A person could love this beautiful object, and yet never know all its secrets."

Perfect line!

(And if you replace the word object with person...! lol. Sorry, I've got slash!goggles glued to my face.)

Poignant. I don't think it's out of character for House to show real emotion when no one else is around to see it, and I'm glad you showed us that glimpse. Thank You! :)
MysteryLady-Tx chapter 1 . 8/13/2007
very nice, I like the imagery in this, and the last line just wrapped it up wonderfully...THANKS:D chapter 1 . 2/18/2007
This was good... I thought this was going to be just about Wilson becoming "a shell of a person" or some blah-blah like that... glad it wasn't...

I liked that House was there, and that it seems so natural, while not being OOC.

House in a kippah heh... I liked that paragraph which begins with House looking at the horizon.

and how you introduced Wilson having a hard time- it flowed well, again, it seemed natural...

I like the cane thing, and the way he tells "James" to wait up so he can talk him through this...

Yeah, i bet it was hard to get mama to go against all Jewish tradition, and agree to cremate her son! ...I really enjoy House and Wilson here... I liked this: "He squeezed his eyes shut and rubbed his face with his left hand, wincing. House waited for what he knew was coming." ...I think its appropriate that House doesn't freak out and crack a joke, 'let's get out of here before you start boo-hooing,' but gave his friend what he needed without becoming un-House-like.

The conversation between them was good. I like what House says, and how House hesitates but touches Wilson, and states the famous "'Everybody lies,'" allowing Wilson to break and find the reprive he requires through his tears.

No stupid crap in this scene, but somehow the comfort House offers is enough.

and the gift... i like that Wilson is not all excited about House's gift, but opens it with trepidation... and even the gift is somehow not OOC...

all that to say- Good job.
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Aww, poor Wilson.

Fave line:

"... it was like being surrounded by Camerons."

I also liked the seashell! Nicely written! :-)
Mrs Ronald Weasley chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Tinker-Bell-Greenleaf chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Ohh... that was sweet... but poor Wilson!
Doc House chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
Beautifully done, my friend.