Reviews for Second Time Around
Peridot5 chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
This is fantastic! Great story. And Sam whump too! :D
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 19 . 10/16/2008
I totally love how kind Dean is to Ashley-he is so great with kids :)

This made me laugh:

You’re lucky I’m even letting you ride in it after what you put me through these last few days. Do I really need to bring up your little carjacking incident?”

This really was a lovely story and I'm so glad I got to finish it, finally!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 18 . 9/12/2008
Really fab action in this chapter, the tag teaming on the reading was great! Yeah! They won! I liked Monica's goodbye too.
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 17 . 9/12/2008
Oh great. Another one of John's *brilliant* ideas:

It was a tactic their father had used many times, the result usually being one of the Winchesters tossed face first into a wall. *grumble*

Loved Sam stuck in the drywall :) Very realistic :)

A fall from the ceiling onto the second floor would break Sam’s legs. A fall onto the first floor would make Dean an only child. *ek!*

Poor Sammy! Getting up the wall bringing back memories of Jess' demise *cry*

Excited to finish reading this-it's been a great story (even though I've taken 2 years to read it). Great work!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 16 . 8/4/2008
Hmm. Good chapter except I didn't like the "bros before hos" section of the conversation. This is me, still reading along, slowly but surely :)
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 15 . 5/12/2008
Good chapter, even with all the exposition :) And we get to see Dean's softer side! Woohoo!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 14 . 3/24/2008
Good banter in this chapter, nice unloading of baggage :)
astalder27 chapter 19 . 3/11/2008
I love it! The brotherly banter is just how it is in the show- terrific job!
StealerOfDreams chapter 19 . 10/1/2006
Ah, not too bad, mate :D That had a good plot, good characterisation. My leg HAS gone to sleep now, though. Fantastic. *laughs* I'll see you round, most likely. Thanks!

Dragonflysoul chapter 19 . 9/14/2006
Aw, SO FUN! GREAT read! Thank you so much!
stealthyone chapter 19 . 9/11/2006
Good ending to the story. I liked that Ashley seems to be lightening up on the goth look, and good for her for taking care of the necklace.

Favorite lines:

“Preferably day, not night. Actually, anytime after noon would be best. Unless you’re calling Sam’s phone. In that case, by all means…day or night.”

*snickers* Dean never ceases to amuse me. :)

Great story, overall. I loved the plot, the pacing and the dialogue. All were done really well. And the brotherly banter and touches of h/c were very, very good.

Thanks for a great read!
stealthyone chapter 18 . 9/11/2006
Another great, exciting chapter. The poor, battered boys … but they did their job well.

Favorite lines:

Sam had to use his free hand to keep his shaggy hair out of his eyes as he recited the Latin prayer.

I really like this detail about Sam’s hair getting in the way. That darned, floppy hair. *g*

Her gnarled face had become even more shriveled, cracking like rain-starved soil.

Great description, especially the “rain-starved soil” part.

The two battered siblings sat next to each other and in one voice continued reading the sacred words.

Call me nutty, but I find this image of them reading in unison to be quite sexy. Yummy Winchesters. :)

Both men felt a velvety touch caress their cheeks as her soul connected with theirs, whispering her gratitude.

I really like this, how Monica expresses her thanks. Nice touch.
stealthyone chapter 17 . 9/11/2006
I really liked the pacing in this chapter. Very exciting.

Favorite lines:

“Whoever heard of a ghost making a room warmer? They’re supposed to suck energy out of the air, not bring it in! Stupid moron can’t even get that right!”

*snickers* Yeah, that sounds like something Dean would say in this situation.

“Hold on, Sam!” he yelled, ignoring the absurdity of the words. He could almost hear his brother’s mocking thoughts at that statement. Good idea, Dean. I’ll just hang out here. You take your time.

“I’m not leaving you here alone with this thing! The only way you’re getting me out of here is to carry me out, and there’s no way your short ass can carry me down two flights of stairs. We’re doing this together, and we’re doing this right now. And don’t try to pull some macho big brother crap about how you can do this alone. I’m staying. End of discussion.”

Ooh, I love Sam’s dialogue. Love his determination. Go, Sam!

“Well, look who grew a pair.”

Sam rewarded him with half a smile. “Yeah, but I think I broke them in the fall.”

*g* Great job inserting Sam’s sense of humor here.
stealthyone chapter 16 . 9/11/2006
Ooh, the big showdown approaches. Cool! :)

Favorite lines:

It was at times like these that Dean felt a strong connection with his father. Dean had been a spectator to the fights between Sam and their father all his life. Without their dad around to spar with, Sam seemed to have set his belligerent sights on his older brother. Dean found himself facing the same determined questioning that his father had often faced.

I really, really like that section. I hadn’t thought of things in quite this way before, that Sam maybe simply *has* to have someone to argue with, and if it’s not going to be John, then Dean’s a good substitute. Interesting.

“Try not to let Ghostie Girl get a hold of you again. Remember, Sammy…bro’s before ho’s.”

stealthyone chapter 15 . 9/11/2006
I felt fairly bad for Ashley here. She’s so lonely, and she didn’t mean any harm.

Favorite lines:

Ashley wiped her face with right hand, smearing the mascara and eye liner that already ran down her cheeks.

Great detail.