Reviews for Beneath the Stars
LaniZion chapter 7 . 8/13/2006
Heh. Fayt's statement had almost made me think that the ice between them was broken, but alas, it seems as though his version of love is different from what she expected. Good buildup to this point, though my only quip is a small statement Fayt had made towards the Pangalatic Federation. If I recall, he was one of the only supportive party members of the Federation. But that's just me.

Nice chapter, and the redone six was good as well with Maria having a conversation with Niklas.
Cloner4000 chapter 8 . 8/8/2006
I guess you can't expect much change for a person is it? Poor Fayt
Cloner4000 chapter 7 . 8/8/2006
Ah, this is so sweet, I was so drawn into the story
intrasonic chapter 8 . 8/8/2006
Same again nice.

I like Cliff's portrayal, especially the way that Maria still looks at him as a mentor of sorts. Consider that, for all intants and purposes, he was the guy who dealt with Norton, I wonder if that fact will come up. I'm also a little curious about the specifics behind Maria's "Unique approach to the art of persuasion", but after her stunt in the second half of this chapter - well done, by the way - imagination can probably suffice. The one little thing that struck me as a little off-kilter was at the very end of the chapter.

First line: "Fayt grimaced contemptuously. '...Biwig...'"

Fayt's next line of involvement is "'And where are you going?' Fayt asked with amused interest."

'Contemptuous' to 'amused' seems a little abrupt. Maybe a quick line by Fayt in between to suggest that he's not dwelling on the former? Unless of course, you NEED this particular situation... Just a thought.
Ryden and Xephfyre chapter 8 . 8/7/2006
Wow, that was great! I liked the part where Fayt went 'Screw you, Maria!' She should've replied with 'Gladly.' That would've been priceless! Hahahaha!

Update soon! (There's an unexplained lack of reviews for our fic's new chapter, could you please review soon?)
asga chapter 8 . 8/7/2006
nice chappie keep writing please :d
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 8 . 8/7/2006
Interesting, keep it up! xD
Sumomo92 chapter 7 . 8/5/2006
They are so cute! I can't wait for more!
Ryden and Xephfyre chapter 7 . 8/4/2006
Aww... so heartwarming! Quite a contrast to my own life... I've been rejected by another girl for the fourth time! Fayt's a lucky guy, I envy him.

Oh yeah, where'd you get the name 'Joseph' anyway? I'm flattered that you actually used my name in your fic.

One question: do you want to view the sneak previews for the future Star Ocean: Combat Evolved fics? I already have the trailers up in my document manager.
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 6 . 8/2/2006
Wow, such an awesome chapter, very good idea of what could've happened to the parents of Meena and Niklas.

Very, very nice!
intrasonic chapter 6 . 7/24/2006
Interesting diversion of a chapter. For a soldier, Richard seems just a little quick/abrupt with his emotional swings. But as you say, there isn't anything in the game to support/disprove that.

Considering that certain events during the flashback take place while Maria is unconscious, this might be a hard chapter to properly use further on in the story. Unless Maria is just remembering the times she spent with her father, and only has the faintest idea that something funny may have happened to save her life back then. Of course, depending on what happens to Maria in future chapters, perhaps you'd have a chance to make a past-present parallel?

I forgot to mentiont his earlier, but I liked the perspective you gave the leadership change from Cliff to Maria. The idea that Cliff 'gave up' (while Maria didn't) is an angle I've never considered before.

Future chapters? Yes please, but in your own time. Cheers.
LaniZion chapter 6 . 7/19/2006
Jumping straight into Maria's background is actually quite the nice subject. Honestly, I don't really mind not seeing the main plot, seeing as though you're fleshing out what Maria's past could've been like. It's lacking a bit, but still enough to keep your readers involved.

Hope to see a new update from you soon, ne?
asga chapter 6 . 7/14/2006
thats ok i like the chapter :d update ne :D
Ryden and Xephfyre chapter 6 . 7/14/2006
Very nice, I didn't really expect a childhood flashback from Maria though. keep it up!
Cloner4000 chapter 6 . 7/14/2006
Ah, that's okay..nice diversion. We will just have to push you on update a LITTLE harder.

nay you update fast enough. one chapter a few days. Not saying you can't be faster though lol
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »