Reviews for Nine Lives
Lady Lark chapter 10 . 9/5/2007
This was a lot of fun. I liked the various crossovers and how they all interconnected. I also loved the ending. Thanks for sharing!
Qem chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
This was a really fascinating story to read. I've only seen one of the highlander movies (though I hear some of the spoilers), but the concept was incorporated really well into the story here.

I just wanted to say that I thought this was really well written and I greatly enjoyed it.

The characters were all three dimensional, the plot very well paced.

I wish I was a fan, or at the very least more knowledgeable of more of your fandoms, because I would love to be able to read more. :)

Thankyou for writing such a great story!
batfan7 chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
Ha! Great ending. Makes me wonder if Cat decided to become Selina Kyle... probably not, but the personality you crafted for her would fit - slinky, sexy, crafty, has a certain admiration for the Dark Knight...

I wasn't expecting Cat to kill herself, but I really should have. If she's immortal, no doubt she's done it several times before to start up new lives. Great job on this story! It was fun to read - very enjoyable. Good luck in any furture projects!
ArellaoftheLuvara chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
Sweet! Excellent story, very fun! But when did Bruce figure out Clark was Superman? Hmm... well, sounds like you're setting up for a sequel, can't wait for that!
Raiining chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
Oh My God.

Is there more? Are you planning more? 'Cause that would be awesome.

I can't wait until Batman becomes immortal. Alfred should just kill him soon so he stays young and fit ;-) Batman living forever ...

Wild.

"“Great shades of Elvis! The man knows how to do things with style… why isn’t that in your story?”

“I thought it’d be a good hook for tomorrow’s follow-up. I think we’re the only paper that knows about it.”

Excellent! Love this - very *reporterish*. Excellent way of spinning off the story.

I love the end. I really really do. But I sincerely hope we see more of this - I'd love to read about this Batman and Superman working together. Excellent story, though, continued or not. Thank you for finishing it! It was a fun read.
Allen Pitt chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
one wonders what Superman or Batman would do if they found out all about immortals... is the Game inside human law or outside it? And all that stuff... I like the idea of Bruce W being an immortal... though the prospect of an immortal Batman is kind of terrifying when you think about it... he's Mr. Obsessed, imgine him staying that way for centuries... of course that would help his "the Batman isn't human" riff...

Pity the poor Immortal who came after an 'easy kill' newbie immortal...
HecatonchiresLM chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
Great little insert into L&C mythology.
RaptorChicky chapter 10 . 9/3/2007
No! No, no, no, no! That can't be it! There's gotta be more-this was an awesome story! You brought 3 different storylines (all of which I am very fond of) together in a very enjoyable read-I hope there will be more to come! The final chapter brought everything together, especially the relationship between Alfred and Cassandra. It was a real kick to the head when Alfred's Watcher status and Bruce's potential to become an Immortal was revealed! An Immortal Batman...kind of a scary thought... Bet his Watcher file would end up rivaling Methos's...XP Again, thank you for the great read, and good luck with any future projects.

Kudos,

RaptorChicky
Harry2 chapter 10 . 9/3/2007
And so, while the identity of Catherine Grant is over, Cassandra continues. And the idea of Alfred as a Watcher is one I never would have thought of. And Alfred is right about one thing: Bruce won't need a teacher per se. Being the Batman has taught him much that he needs!
MotherBear chapter 10 . 9/3/2007
Very cool. I assume, then, that we can expect a sequal? I really am enjoying this mix.
Mayhem Managed chapter 10 . 9/3/2007
So . . . Batman and Superman have finally met, Bruce Wayne is either an Immortal or a pre-Immortal with a VERY small chance of dying quietly in bed, Alfred is Wayne's Watcher, and Bruce and Clark know that Cassandra's death was faked. Or, at least, that someone disappeared the body. Did I miss anything?

So, I'm guessing there's a sequel in the future. Can't wait, you did a great job tying all this stuff together and making it seem real.

One suggestion: Is there any possibility that the Batman in the future be based on the Batman Begins/Dark Knight Batman? 'Cause that seems more in tune with the tone of your story here.
Raiining chapter 9 . 8/28/2007
You *updated*!

Excellent chapter - its good to see such a devious resolution of the bad guy; the name change was well done, too.

I love Cat. I love Cat *so much*! Also: Alfred is cool. Very.

Can't wait to see where you go from here: Lois and Clark are definately learning more about Cat than I'm sure she would have wanted them to know - her fluency in Russian, her ability to be in on this kind of a trick ... it seems a long way from the flirty journalist personality she's shown the past few years.

So very curious to see how their reaction is and how the Highlander aspect will continue. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter! :) Thank you again for writing this, and for your continued updates!
batfan7 chapter 9 . 8/27/2007
That was fantastic! Batman (sort of) shows up and conducts a brilliant capture without ever being seen. Just the kind of action I'd expect from someone who acts from the shadows. He comes, he strikes, and not even Superman knows what happened until it was all over. Absolutly brilliant!

I'm glad this isn't over yet. I got so wrapped up in Rodriguez that I forgot about the original killer. Will Batman be involved in this too or is his part done? If the focus shifts back to just the Metropolis people, I hope you'll concider doing a sequel with more Batman/Superman/Lois interactions. They're all so different that it makes for a fun dynamic when they're forced to work together.

Anyway, I've really enjoyed this and look forward to the next chapter!
HecatonchiresLM chapter 9 . 8/27/2007
Very nice sting
MarbleGlove chapter 9 . 8/27/2007
Ooh. Fabulous. The plot around Rodriguez was so good and enthralling that I almost forgot about the whole murderous women plot. I can't wait for more. Plus, I really liked the idea of Cat telling a dirty joke in Russian to the chauffeur. Keep writing.
72 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »