Reviews for For Love of a City
rivendellelve chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
Great story, I love it
MP brennan chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This was incredibly moving. I love the hint of healing at the end-the suggestion that someday Faramir will be able to remember the good times without grief, though that day might be far off still. Nicely done.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
A great story. very well written.
Darkover chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
This was very enjoyable to read. An introspective story, very well-written. I believe you have done a fine job of capturing Faramir's thoughts and feelings-your version of him is very in-character. Thank you for writing and posting this. Sincerely, Darkover
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
This story was recommended to me by Teekeeus and I can certainly see why. You've written an emotionally touching vignette that doesn't end up wallowing in self-pity on Faramir's part (something I am very tired of reading so I was very happy to read this!) and offers a glimpse of new hope for both Faramir and Hurin.

I am going to look at your other writings as soon as I have a chance. If they are as well done as this, you will dfinitely have a lifetime fan.

I also agree with you completely about the necessity in reading the books before writing any fan-fiction in Tolkien's' universe. There is far too mauch bad fic out htere being written by people who have no clue.

Thanks for a wonderful story.
Nelarun chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
That was sad too, and I'm still in tears from the last story I read. You are an amazing, author. Never stop writing! Please?

Nelarun
Deandra chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Wonderful take on Faramir's healing process, along with observing it in others along his path. This is the first thing of yours that I've read. I may now venture into more.

Well done!

- Deandra
Nienor Niniel chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
So very sad! Touching, but still sad. I always regretted that Tolkien couldn't make Halbarad survive. He is a character that leaves so much room for fanfic writers, but he doesn't make it through the whole story.

It's especially sad when I see Húrin and his father in your other fic: to know that things are going to end like this is sad.

But anyway, the conversation between the two men is very well-written and intense, and this was a very good read!

Nienor
Dimfuin chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Wow, that was really sweet. I liked how Faramir was recieving comfort by sort of realizing there were other men like him, and giving Hurin comfort. We never really hear much about the other Dunadan, so that was pretty cool. Good job!
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
You already know how I feel about this masterpiece. This is as good as it gets. I challenge anyone not to cry over this. Superb writing as always.
Redone chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Touching and very beautiful! I hope he will return.
DawnStrider chapter 1 . 6/26/2006
That was so beautiful. It almost made me cry. I was just reading of Hurin in your other story and to be reminded of the loss that he is to endure is so sad. Loved reading it.