Reviews for Beneath the Surface
spnfan44 chapter 3 . 6/18
Love the Greys Anatomy reference!
Dede
Nadamalki chapter 17 . 7/28/2013
My God what an awesome story! You gripped my heart from beginning to end! I think this is by far the most favorite story I've read by you. The story was filled with so much commotion and emotion I was drowning in it all! I can almost sense the dark rainy cloud roaming over Dean throughout the story, his guilt was suffocating and played such a vital role in the plot. Another masterpiece, you're truly incredible!

Oh and I loved the Grey's Anatomy and Dark Angel reference, you had me giggling there. FYI, another all-nighter cause of you!
amyblair chapter 22 . 3/6/2009
I finished reading this last night and waited until the end to review.

I really liked this story. Here are some highlights -

I actually really liked the kid at the motel - Joel. I don't know. There was just something about him that caught my attention right away. I liked how you wrote him and secretly hoped he would pop up every now and then.

The dreams were very effective throughout the story. Lots of writers use the dream sequences and sometimes they work well, other times they don't - I really liked yours and thought both Dean and Sam handled them both nicely. The portion with the headstones and DW - Unworthy Disappointment. Aw, shucks. That was bad.

Okay, I giggled with your Grey's Anatomy sidebar with Denny in the hospital bed and how the boys had a quick discussion of... does he look a little like... Dad? Funny thing is, JDM was on The View this a.m. and I happened to catch him. They talked a little about Grey's and SPN (Whoopi likes SPN). I smiled. Also, I don't know your TV time stuff, but ironically here in Iowa, Grey's and SPN are on at the same time so I have never seen an episode of Grey's, although being a nurse, I get the players.

The bit with Dean and Katie was superb. I believed everything that came out of her mouth. Cross my heart. And I liked that you brought back in the "three kids that I knew". I was actually just thinking about that the other day while working through something of my own in my head.

You surprised me with the connection of Rachel and Marshall. And, wow, that was a great concoction you brewed up. Nice!

Rachel totally won me over. Right away. She was bright and witty and held her own really well. I chuckled pretty hard during the banter of "I took a nurses course." "Oh, good." "I never said I passed."

The Maticore as a pet. And kept holed up in a cave? Again, odd and interestingly played. Very irresponsible of Simon.

Simon asking if Sam was younger or older and Sam wondering about all the ?'s. "Just curiosity." "Well, curiosity killed the cat." Great, great line.

The killing of Simon was gross and, well... eww, just like it should have been.

I like that you brought Dad into this. In a good, warm way. Agent Chesterfield sending in back up. That was very sweet and felt safe and right.

I liked that Sam told Rachel and that SOMEONE was able to know the truth and look into Dean's eyes and forgive him - "it wasn't your fault". Even if he didn't know if he believed it, it was great to have someone say it to him. Someone who was close to the deceased.

Really liked the story alot. Great plot, great action, great backstorys throughout.
EmptySpaces11 chapter 2 . 3/6/2008
REALLY LOVE IT TILL NOW
Sue Pokorny chapter 22 . 6/11/2007
Tara- Great story! Well written, very exciting action and I loved the old TV roles blended in! I think I laughed out loud when Dean was watching Grey's. Fantastic job!

Thanks!

Sue
LArkless chapter 22 . 6/4/2007
Hey again Tara lol :)

Well i've finished the story which was great as always but the downside is it means i've now read all of your Supernatural stories :O Hmm theres too many good things to say about this but a few of my favourite things that had to be mentioned are HurtDean..you know how i feel about that ;) Sam worried is so cute..I just love him when he gets all angsty over Dean..Katie was adorable and giving Dean the teddy at the end was soo sweet :)..also i'm glad Rachel told Dean to not blame himself, that was nice..ohh and the Dark Angel/Greys Anatomy and Gilmore Girls references earlier made me laugh hehe..nice little part i thought! :) Anyway i'm looking forward to the next part of Paying the Price and i'll speak to you soon! :D :D

Laura :)
LArkless chapter 6 . 5/30/2007
Hey its me again hehe..well as none of my stories have updated I continued with this one and i'm slowly making my way through it..I love it so far..I wasn't gonna comment on the chapters seperately but this one was great..Katie is soo cute and I loved the way Dean was with her..I love his interaction with kids in the show so its nice to read a story with it too..well yeah just thought i'd let you know that i'm making my way through this one and then i will have read all your stories hehe..bye for now then! :D

Laura :)
hinata-37 chapter 22 . 5/18/2007
great story, love it! and Katie...she is just so cute!awesome job!
gretchless chapter 22 . 5/15/2007
aw, thats so sweet, i know a little girl like that so when i was reading about thats all i could think about ! its took me a while to actually get through this last couple of months of college is hard work i tell ya !

loved the story !
heather03nmg chapter 22 . 3/11/2007
This is one of my new favorite stories. I loved how you carried pieces of Faith over into your story. You write beautiful hurt Dean, angst filled chapters, and I would have gladly kept reading...I didn't want the story to end. Keep writing, you're amazing!
irishgirl9 chapter 22 . 12/25/2006
Great story!
AllieMcD chapter 22 . 12/22/2006
best ending ever! seriously thats how i hope the series finale ends, although i wish it would never end... anyways this is a great story
Nana56 chapter 22 . 12/1/2006
Terrific story! I found it in the completed list and was fascinated by the whole thing. Of course, I'm always interested in Dean whumpage and you did this very well! Great job!
mtee1958 chapter 22 . 9/25/2006
I really liked this story. Ah the bunny - what a sweet gesture.
shywalk chapter 22 . 9/22/2006