Reviews for Choices
Meow-Doraemon chapter 32 . 9/24
Very good story. Please don’t stop writing POTO.
meowz-doraemon chapter 30 . 9/23
I just finished my box of kleenex. Love the drama.
meowz-doraemon chapter 27 . 9/23
OMG, let's the show begin.
meowz-doraemon chapter 24 . 9/23
Oooohhh, a drama is happening. Poor Christine.
meowz-doraemon chapter 21 . 9/23
Wow, I must say Erik in this story has an unrequited & extremely monumental love for Christine.
I’m surprise as Christine said to herself that she loves Erik when she knows little of the man that she gonna be married to. I think the story should be written something like in the beginning Christine feels unsure to get married to Erik at her wedding even though her hesitance to be his wife is mixed with unknown emotion of attraction.
Marina Vlg chapter 4 . 5/30
I was so moved that you gave us the chance to "meet" your little son through your wonderful story..i wish all the best!great story,i cant stop reading it!
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 6 . 10/19/2017
This story isn't bad, but Marcel is so stereotypical it hurts. Flamboyant gay guy?
Have you ever met a gay person before?
Well, I'll keep reading but stilllll
Lady mine chapter 32 . 8/20/2016
This was so fabulous!
VampsAreReal23 chapter 26 . 5/13/2016
This last part is so sad. It made me cry.
iris2312 chapter 11 . 1/17/2016
The fulfillment of the wedding tradition for the bride by Erik is probably one of the most sweetest acts of thoughtfulness Erik has ever demonstrated in a fanfiction. Great writing!
abear4 chapter 31 . 3/25/2015
Hi ToryD, I re-read your story of long ago. I had made of copy of it, I think I told you back in 2006...well, in cleaning out one of my book shelves, I found the binder with this story "Choices". God, I love your story, I had forgotten how good it was. Thank goodness I remembered to type your name under the title otherwise I wouldn't found the last 2 chapters I didn't have. I've retired last year, so I have time now to read the rest of your most welcome stories. Thank you & please keep on writing, don't ever stop. Terry
Jade de Green Queen chapter 32 . 1/12/2015
I'm starting my own modern fanfiction on this soon and I absolutely appreciate with all my heart that I am not the only one with plans of shipping Nadir and Meg. Though mine are just a bit more mischievous. :) Good job!
Bergamotte chapter 13 . 2/13/2013
Dear ToryD, thank you for this story. I've finished through Chapter 13 and will read to the end. Your book would be terrific for a reader who wants to fantasize about marriage to a sexy billionaire Phantom, without the shock and terror of Leroux' book or Andrew Lloyd Webber's stage production. A few thoughts:

My preference is for fewer adjectives. You only need to tell us once or twice that Erik has strong arms, for example; your reader will remember that.

This is primarily a romance novel, which is okay, as there's a huge market for such. But, as a long-time Phantom reader, I always expect some darkness and/or horror to come into the story, and there's been none so far. The distress that your heroine feels is simply because she was deprived of any real choice and she was forced to hurt her devoted boyfriend. To me, the love that your Erik and Christine feel for each other doesn't ring true, because they have only known each other for days - not long enough to be sure that they can live happily together. Christine hasn't had enough time with Erik to grant him her complete trust - especially as, in the beginning, he threatened to close her father's company and fire all the good people keeping it going. Speaking from experience, trust has to be earned, and it takes time to be developed.

For me, there can be no Phantom story without Music - the original Erik and Christine lived for their music. Thus far, after reading up through Chapter 13, the only Phantom characteristic I can recognize in your Erik is the mask. The only characteristic carried over from the book or stage Christine is her blonde hair. It's strange that Christine has not yet given any thought to what might be behind the mask, nor has she asked Erik about it. Erik seems to be primarily obsessed with her beauty. His few musings about her good character are very secondary to thoughts about ravishing her and having her for himself alone. To me, his obsession doesn't ring true. As a billionaire playboy, he can't be as frantic as the original Phantom to possess a female. To me, it's a glaring, enormous character flaw that he didn't show his face to his prospective bride before demanding that she commit herself to him for life - yet another way in which he deprived her of choice. In my opinion, he can only redeem himself by offering Christine complete freedom, hoping that she will come back to him on her own. Maybe that's coming down the pike.

Again, I'm enjoying the read because you write a fun romance novel. Thanks again for your story, and I look forward to seeing how things unfold from here. Best regards.
ppl chapter 12 . 1/7/2013
You really could use a beta!
And IMHO she fell for him too quickly...
Can't stop, won't stop reading tho.