Reviews for Choices
Lady mine chapter 32 . 8/20
This was so fabulous!
BooksForever21 chapter 26 . 5/13
This last part is so sad. It made me cry.
iris2312 chapter 11 . 1/17
The fulfillment of the wedding tradition for the bride by Erik is probably one of the most sweetest acts of thoughtfulness Erik has ever demonstrated in a fanfiction. Great writing!
abear4 chapter 31 . 3/25/2015
Hi ToryD, I re-read your story of long ago. I had made of copy of it, I think I told you back in 2006...well, in cleaning out one of my book shelves, I found the binder with this story "Choices". God, I love your story, I had forgotten how good it was. Thank goodness I remembered to type your name under the title otherwise I wouldn't found the last 2 chapters I didn't have. I've retired last year, so I have time now to read the rest of your most welcome stories. Thank you & please keep on writing, don't ever stop. Terry
Jade de Green Queen chapter 32 . 1/12/2015
I'm starting my own modern fanfiction on this soon and I absolutely appreciate with all my heart that I am not the only one with plans of shipping Nadir and Meg. Though mine are just a bit more mischievous. :) Good job!
Bergamotte chapter 13 . 2/13/2013
Dear ToryD, thank you for this story. I've finished through Chapter 13 and will read to the end. Your book would be terrific for a reader who wants to fantasize about marriage to a sexy billionaire Phantom, without the shock and terror of Leroux' book or Andrew Lloyd Webber's stage production. A few thoughts:

My preference is for fewer adjectives. You only need to tell us once or twice that Erik has strong arms, for example; your reader will remember that.

This is primarily a romance novel, which is okay, as there's a huge market for such. But, as a long-time Phantom reader, I always expect some darkness and/or horror to come into the story, and there's been none so far. The distress that your heroine feels is simply because she was deprived of any real choice and she was forced to hurt her devoted boyfriend. To me, the love that your Erik and Christine feel for each other doesn't ring true, because they have only known each other for days - not long enough to be sure that they can live happily together. Christine hasn't had enough time with Erik to grant him her complete trust - especially as, in the beginning, he threatened to close her father's company and fire all the good people keeping it going. Speaking from experience, trust has to be earned, and it takes time to be developed.

For me, there can be no Phantom story without Music - the original Erik and Christine lived for their music. Thus far, after reading up through Chapter 13, the only Phantom characteristic I can recognize in your Erik is the mask. The only characteristic carried over from the book or stage Christine is her blonde hair. It's strange that Christine has not yet given any thought to what might be behind the mask, nor has she asked Erik about it. Erik seems to be primarily obsessed with her beauty. His few musings about her good character are very secondary to thoughts about ravishing her and having her for himself alone. To me, his obsession doesn't ring true. As a billionaire playboy, he can't be as frantic as the original Phantom to possess a female. To me, it's a glaring, enormous character flaw that he didn't show his face to his prospective bride before demanding that she commit herself to him for life - yet another way in which he deprived her of choice. In my opinion, he can only redeem himself by offering Christine complete freedom, hoping that she will come back to him on her own. Maybe that's coming down the pike.

Again, I'm enjoying the read because you write a fun romance novel. Thanks again for your story, and I look forward to seeing how things unfold from here. Best regards.
ppl chapter 12 . 1/7/2013
You really could use a beta!
And IMHO she fell for him too quickly...
Can't stop, won't stop reading tho.
Romanian Bookworm chapter 32 . 11/7/2012
awww thats a good ending. :)
Romanian Bookworm chapter 30 . 11/7/2012
Cara is such a bitch for putting Christine through all of this! I hope she rots in jail! :( But I'm glad you made everything ok :) At least I hope everything is ok :/
Romanian Bookworm chapter 20 . 11/7/2012
ok I'm actually getting scared right now. whats going to happen?
Romanian Bookworm chapter 10 . 11/6/2012
I really like it so far. But you kinda jumped from not liking Erik to loving him. you know the chapter where Christine tole Raoul she loved Erik? You should write how it came to a shock to her to suddenly realize that she did truly love Erik. I think that would help you ease into everything better. Great otherwise! :D
Guest chapter 10 . 7/31/2012
Vera Wang? I love her! One of the first perfumes I ever wore was hers, "Princess", in sixth grade, I think... And then a few years ago, my glasses were by her. Did you know that she designs figure skater outfits?
celeste98 chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
The funny thing about this story for me is that my real name is Cara... Gotta see where this leads ;)
L'Archange chapter 6 . 6/10/2011
This is the second time reading it! Just a small and insignificant thing I thought I would mention: unjustness should be
booknerdforever chapter 24 . 1/15/2011
the hating party is just starting now?