Reviews for Back to Good
Cihuacoatl chapter 4 . 11/14/2013
Great - thanks for writing!
ccase13 chapter 4 . 9/25/2011
The boys really were crossways with one another after their daddy died. This would have made a good episode.
spnlittlebro chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Congratulations! You have been rec’ed at spn_littlebro on LiveJournal.

You can find the rec in the Injury Theme post here:

ziggy.uk chapter 4 . 10/5/2009
Awesome story. You got their behaviour and emotions spot on in the aftermath of their dad's death, both grieving and struggling to cope in different ways. And it took Sam physically leaving to make Dean realise how he needed Sam as much as Sam needed him. Loved what finally drove it home to Dean as to how much Sam was grieving too was his reaction on seeing their dad's truck. Perfect banter at the end - they are good!
amyblair chapter 4 . 8/7/2008
Freaking awesome! The last chapter was perfect. That is exactly the way the Winchesters would handle it. I thought the way you brought in the "i do need you, you know" and then how Dean tried to convince himself they were only words, nothing to get emotional about. Then after he said it back, throwing in the "You don't have to make a big deal about it" and Sam being right on the ball with "I'll try to contain myself."

By the way, Chapter 3 when Dean is looking for the blue '74 International and the '83 mint-condition little brother - that was brilliant.
Angelbyname chapter 4 . 7/30/2007
Loved it
Nana56 chapter 4 . 2/3/2007
WOW! tear my heart out of my chest, throw it on the floor and jump up and down on it...that was wonderful!
sendintheclowns chapter 4 . 10/26/2006
I'm catching up on some old reading and just found this story. It's wonderful! You've got a great gift for the turn of phrase. And you've got this brother thing down to a fine art. Thanks so much for writing this :)
Swanseajill chapter 4 . 10/8/2006
I've just come across this fic and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I thought you wrote both characters really well and their emotions and behaviour were totally credible. I can see Dean being angry with Sam but unable to articulate what he's feeling, and somehow feeling that Sam has no right to grieve so much after his relationship with John had been so rocky. And poor Sam, not knowing how to get through to Dean, but sticking wtih it anyway and refusing to leave, and then going off on that job on his own because he didn't know what else to do. I like the way Dean slowly comes to the realistation of what's happening. And the resolution wasn't overly sappy - I think you got it just right. Great story, I'm so glad I found it!
savana-3 chapter 4 . 7/25/2006
Wow! This is definitely one of the best fics out there. Great job!
sodakey chapter 4 . 7/22/2006
I just got to the end of this. Good job creating a plausible, enjoyable story. One of my favorite things about Sam's character (as I see him) is the duplicitous (sp? sorry) nature inherent in him being the youngest. The converse way he wants to take care of things and be taken care of...needing Dean but not knowing fully how to interact with the side of his brother that denies need him as well. It seemed like you created a parallel of this idea with both of the boys in this tale. Both acting out of assumptions that were fears more than anything else.

Thanks for a good read.
Kira chapter 4 . 7/21/2006
Very nice! This is the most realistic post-Devil's Trap I've read.
JanetD chapter 4 . 7/15/2006
Aww, this was really nice. I've read a lot of post-"Devil's Trap" fics, but you managed to put a new spin on it. And I think, if John were to die, this is the way it could go down between Dean and Sam-both brothers hurting, but neither able to give the comfort the other needed.

I loved the way that the moment Sam disappeared, Dean's only thought was catching up with him, and protecting him from whatever supernatural thing he had gone to confront. All the anger Dean had felt for his brother was suddenly moot.

Great job!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 4 . 7/15/2006
This is one of my favorite post-DT pieces. After how the demon broke Dean, it makes sense he's at loose ends this way, and not ready to listen to Sam, even chafing at the kindness. I can easily see Sam then tackling a job by himself in desperation, and worry for his brother finally breaking through Dean's myopic despair. I just love the last chapter, Sam not surprised Dean's there but reaching for him, Dean just relieved to be there for him and finally seeing things in a new light. Just lovely. I hope to see a lot more from you in the future!
IMTheresa chapter 4 . 7/9/2006
Great finish. It's so like them to damn near talk about something, but back away at the last minute. You captured that very well.