Reviews for Special
Emi-Ly Sway chapter 1 . 3/14
I loved plot-twist. Sweet and heartbreaking.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
That was sad! *sniff sniff*
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Your story was so achingly sad, it just spoke volumes to this reader about how tragic Charlie's loss really is.
Phoenix on cloud nine chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
Aw, i know it's been ages since you wrote this, but it's sweet at the same time as being sad :( But like I bet everyone else has said - I would love some kind of prequel or even sequel :) keep it up though, you're a fantastic writer :)
crave-the-rave chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
I ignored the warning...and I'm glad I did, yet at the same time wish I'd taken it more seriously.

I love how you wrote it from the beginning, seemingly as from a five year old's point of view, and it was only when I read the numbers and 'I luv Dony and Dad'...no mother included that it dawned on me. This was an amazing idea, yet at the same time heartbreaking to read. And yet I've read it three times consecutively, trying to absorb every word.

The conclusion? I love it.

light/raver
Fafa Fai chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
It hurt to read. Oh Charlie, but Don and Alan are the one who know what was lost.
ThexGirlxwhoxlived chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
i have read this fic so many times i cant even count that high. i love this fic because every time i read it, i get the feeliong i my gut, the way only truley amazing stories can. i know its been about 2 years, but i would love it to death if you would write more about this. mabye the accident and the prognosis? that soo much for writing this story
lilfiftyfour chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
You're right, it wasn't exactly HAPPY in the usual sense...but in a SPECIAL sense, it was...see another meaning for special...lol.

Definately a well written story! I like how for most of it though, it just seemed as if Don was like 10 and Charlie 5 and Don was babysitting you know...and then you slowly eased into the accident and all...

Job well done! :)
Sushi Chi chapter 1 . 11/4/2006
Wow. This story really made me think. Thank you for writing it.
Sharon chapter 1 . 8/12/2006
Sweet, tender and heartbreakingly sad...From Charlie's scribbles in the sand and Don buckling his seatbelt to, perhaps most poignantly, Don having to deny Charlie the chance to play on the swing, this piece has a pull and power to bring me back not only for a second time but a third and a fourth time too. Great stuff!
pucktofaerie chapter 1 . 7/28/2006
Aww...that was so sad. But really sweet too...aww, I wanna cry. Keep up the great work!
writerinblue chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
wow, i've read this story like ten times and it hits me the same way every time. very intense. i loved it.
tyedyedxMILKSHAKE chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Aw, this story is really sad. I didnt really get it until the end, but I thought it was really beastly
Chikory chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
You bastard. You made me cry. That'll teach me for not taking warnings seriously.

Loved it, but I don't like crying. Damn it!
Tanager36 chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
That was simultaneously so beautiful and so sad. I really loved it and I thought you did a fantastic job writing it. It worked wonderfully as a one-shot, but if you ever had the inclination, it would make a great chapter story as well.