Reviews for I Am Not Atlas
calsax chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
A nice look into Richard's thoughts. Great work!
mugglecastlover31 chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
great fic! i love that's is richards pov!
Lily Grace chapter 1 . 7/2/2006
Wow! Very sad and poignant! Really liked it!

Don't often see Superman fics from the point of view of anyone other than Lois or Clark/Superman!

You shoudl definitely write more!
Irene Sharda chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
This is SO beautiful! I absolutely love it! I saw the movie and wished that they'd make Richard a slimeball so that it would be an easy choice, but no-they had to make him such a nice guy! :(

She is still going to choose Superman though, it IS inevitable. How's Richie going to react when he finds out that the son he thinks is his, isn't? Poor Guy...he just waltzed into the wrong relationship.
Steph chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I have to say that in general, I hate one-shots but this short glance into Richard's thoughts really got to me. I love it. During the movie, you have this feeling that you shouldn't like Richard for being with Lois when Superman isn't, but goddamnit, he's a great guy that risked his mortal neck for his family; how could you not like him? Superman can't hate Richard because he's a good man, and Richard can't hate Superman for the same reason. I really enjoyed this short fic.

-Steph

ps. I'd love it if you would write a novel-length sequel to the movie, your writing is awesome.
Elske chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Oh, WOW. This story is so much _awesome_. I'm in love with Richard, and you've captured him perfectly, and yes, awesome all around. (:
Girl-who-sings-the-blues chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
...Oh...Wonderful! ha ha...As I was watching the movie I felt Richard, too. I mean, I was thinking, "Dude...I know it's the mother of your child, even the love of your life..." ...But it's SUPERMAN! You just can't win! And come on, now...What girl wouldn't pick superman!
furrylittlebantha chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
What an unexpectedly beautiful piece. You captured so eloquently what Richard must have been feeling. Too often love triangles, especially ones involving a superhero, are painted in black in white with a wishy washy lady, a good guy and a bad guy. In this case, it was two complicated, good-hearted loving men and a lady with a heart painted in many different shades of love.

Bravo!
AmazinglyMe chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Well isn't this just AWESOME.

I really enjoyed reading this because I really felt bad for Richard. It's not his fault his fiance fell in love with Superman now is it? :P

Thank you for writing this.

~ AmazinglyMe
Majestrix chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Wow. It was so sad, and so true. Great job with the characterization. This could quite possibly be the conversation he had with himself...and it's so right. I'm so impressed. Look forward for more from you.
Realb chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Great story! Richard is right he can't compete with Superman, but I feel sorry and sad for him. Thanks!
htbthomas chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Incredible! How can you not _love_ Richard? The poor man has unwittingly come between the legendary love of the DC-verse.

I love how you captured his anguish. I feel for him, even as I want Lois and Clark to be together. *sigh*
Bluie Twilight Star chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
Poor Richard! He gets the hard end of the deal. Good story! Thanks!
Nautica7mk chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I like it. It was written respectfully with both characters. The sequel is going to rock if Singer tells the story right.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2